Why the Kitchen Set Matters

clayfreeman

As a result of realizing that the kitchen set will not exist after the move to the new location, I created an account on the forums to express my opinions about why the set matters so much to some people.

1. Unique — The kitchen set provides a unique atmosphere around the videos that LTT produces, and really creates a special feel to the videos that nobody else has managed to produce.
  2. Homebrew — One of the key features of such a "home" setting that the kitchen set provides is a true sense of the homebrew spirit.  Building computers and showcasing hardware to a homebrew audience in a homebrew setting just makes sense.
  3. Quality — The kitchen set appears to be extremely well designed, and looks fantastic on camera.  The depth of field of the set behind the host amplifies the sense of quality.

I'm sure there are more qualities that I've glossed over or simply missed.  I'd love to hear other opinions if anyone has them.

This isn't spam is it?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hah, I've gotten used to it, but wouldn't mind something a little more clean and professional looking.

Though it has become 'iconic' in a way.

Yea I totally thought it was spam....  Thoroughly disappointed 

But totally agree with the points. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I actually agree very strongly. A huge factor in high quality videos is the setting. For example, look at MKBHD and Linus' videos. Although both are in different settings (dorm room vs kitchen), they both have high quality because of the well designed setting and field of depth. Althought I really like the kitchen setting, if Linus has plans for a new setting then maybe we will like it more so I won't say anything until we see the new set.

This isn't spam is it?

Maybe by changing the set to something thats not a kitchen will stop all the kitchen advertising spam??? :D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No, he's not trying to sell us kitchen sets :P

I don't know... He has only 1 post. Plus, we have received spam about kitchens. Plus, it's a bit lengthy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't know... He has only 1 post. Plus, we have received spam about kitchens. Plus, it's a bit lengthy.

I think he was referring to this on YT:

lttkitchen.png

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Hah, I've gotten used to it, but wouldn't mind something a little more clean and professional looking.

Though it has become 'iconic' in a way.

I agree; the set is very iconic and represents the style of LTT very closely.

As for the posts about this being spam:  what??

@LinusTech

@nicklmg

@slickpc

I agree 100% but i understand what you meant with the Old intro/to new intro change. Hopefully it ends up good, but GOOD LUCK!!! 

@Vettexl he talked about it a lot on the afterparty

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I agree; the set is very iconic and represents the style of LTT very closely.

As for the posts about this being spam:  what??

We get a lot of spambots advertising kitchen sets in various parts of England :P

This isn't spam is it?

no

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

We get a lot of spambots advertising kitchen sets in various parts of England :P

Oh!  Yeah, I don't sell kitchen sets; I'm simply just expressing my opinion because the fantastic kitchen set was a huge design factor that kept me interested in LTT at first.  It was a great value-add to my experience.

@LinusTech

@nicklmg

@slickpc

I agree 100% but i understand what you meant with the Old intro/to new intro change. Hopefully it ends up good, but GOOD LUCK!!! 

@Vettexl he talked about it a lot on the afterparty

I haven't watched any of the latest WAN show/afterparty

Oh!  Yeah, I don't sell kitchen sets; I'm simply just expressing my opinion because the fantastic kitchen set was a huge design factor that kept me interested in LTT at first.  It was a great value-add to my experience.

Ok good. We hate those spambots.

Save the Kitchen Set!

its one of those unique things that defines what a LTT video is when i watch them on you tube! 

i realize its not possible to "save it" entirely but it is cool and iconic and unique.

Linus belongs in the kitchen. Get back to the kitchen linus! 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'd like to see a set with a background wall of Motherboards. Just random ass motherboards all over it, with a random ass kitchen sink sticking out of the middle.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The kitchen has sort of become a LTT mark and to be honest I generally prefer it to some sort of clinically clean and 'un-homely' room like the NCIX one when he worked for them. What ever you replace it with I just hope it comes with the same sort of 'homely' atmosphere. 

The kitchen is iconic for LTT. But if they want to try something new. I tough that maybe back wall with ram on it would be nice. So that the wall contain all type's and style ram's. So there would be like DDR, DDR2,DDR3 etc and then they be organized after the brand name. :D

Failure is not an option!