MGSV: GZ PC version reveal tomorrow

Linusinium

MGSV: Ground Zeroes is coming out on Steam, Dec 18. Some 4K gameplay was revealed yesterday in Japan but I couldn't decipher my way through Japanese websites to get to the actual footage. There is another Nvidia event tomorrow (or today depending on where you live) so hopefully we get to see some footage.

The Steam page was recently updated confirming no mouse acceleration: that's good news, indicating the port will be a proper one. This demo unit has a 3 way SLI setup (and a stock CPU cooler) but Fox engine is supposed to be scalable and I have no doubt the demo will have every single setting maxed out at 4K. Ideally this would be a GPU neutral event but I guess Nvidia is going all out courting studios for Gameworks.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/311340/announcements/detail/252527885602176472

dXOmNiE.png

Dat stock CPU cooler in a 3way SLI rig...

986wQbG.jpg

B2iXkZ_CYAEAI5-.jpg

p5Z53aN.jpg

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

3 980s and a stock cooler...

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

My body is ready.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

3 980s and a stock cooler...

I love it.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Played the shit out of this game on ps3. Buying it again at full price for PC. I ain't even mad.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

MGSV: Ground Zeroes is coming out on Steam, Dec 18. Some 4K gameplay was revealed yesterday in Japan but I couldn't decipher my way through Japanese websites to get to the actual footage. There is another Nvidia event tomorrow (or today depending on where you live) so hopefully we get to see some footage.

The Steam page was recently updated confirming no mouse acceleration: that's good news, indicating the port will be a proper one. This demo unit has a 3 way SLI setup (and a stock CPU cooler) but Fox engine is supposed to be scalable and I have no doubt the demo will have every single setting maxed out at 4K. Ideally this would be a GPU neutral event but I guess Nvidia is going all out courting studios for Gameworks.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/311340/announcements/detail/252527885602176472

dXOmNiE.png

Dat stock CPU cooler in a 3way SLI rig...

986wQbG.jpg

B2iXkZ_CYAEAI5-.jpg

p5Z53aN.jpg

That rig. 

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Played the shit out of this game on ps3. Buying it again at full price for PC. I ain't even mad.

thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

And one more from the same guy 25 years later:

tumblr_mvewnudGLK1r55ed0o1_400.gif

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

This is awesome! Can't wait to play this! SInce I haven't had a console for 3 years I have yet to play Ground Zeroes

Tallgeese VI Build log coming soon!!
NZXT H440 | Intel Core i5-4690K | MSI Z97S Krait Edition | 12GB Corsair XMS3 | EVGA GTX970 Superclocked | Samsung 840 EVO 240GB, WD Blue 320GB | Corsair CX600M

Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zorin Kay'Van

I have the same speakers xD

"Who are you the King of Siam, you got to get the best one? Who cares? They’re all the same these machines. They’re all made from the same asian suffering." - Louie Season 3 Episode 10, GO WATCH IT NOW.

While higher resolution support is nice,....It's gunna be locked to 60fps it seems, so all that multiple GPU support could be wasted.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/software/metal_gear_solid_5_ground_zeroes_for_pc_locked_at_60fps/1

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

While higher resolution support is nice,....It's gunna be locked to 60fps it seems, so all that multiple GPU support could be wasted.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/software/metal_gear_solid_5_ground_zeroes_for_pc_locked_at_60fps/1

Because FPS is the only thing in games, mm'okay?

Not like the technical capability of three cards could be put to other things like larger textures, more detailed models, further draw distances, weather, real-time lighting, shadows, things like physx and hair/fur effects...

Not like the technical capability of three cards could be put to other things like larger textures, more detailed models, further draw distances, weather, real-time lighting, shadows, things like physx and hair/fur effects...

Well no shit, I think thats a given......I wasn't having a bitchfit about FPS, I was only passing on info I saw that I didn't see in here.

The main reason I mentioned it is because 120/144hz monitors are common.

No need to think I'm taking it personal, .... it was a neutral statement.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

framerates don't mean anything beyond playability when it comes to these kind of games. It would be a shame for those with 144hz monitors, but not that big a deal

Tallgeese VI Build log coming soon!!
NZXT H440 | Intel Core i5-4690K | MSI Z97S Krait Edition | 12GB Corsair XMS3 | EVGA GTX970 Superclocked | Samsung 840 EVO 240GB, WD Blue 320GB | Corsair CX600M

Elite Dangerous: CMDR Zorin Kay'Van

• 1 month later...

It's out now on Steam, $14 with holiday sale, go buy it, that's an order!

Very well optimized and the game looks amazing. Best Port I've seen in a long time. Also an i7 is not needed at all (Recommends an i7-4790) why that is recommended is beyond me. Never drops below 60FPS(Max FPS in the game) maxed out on my 4690k/GTX970. 

Excellent port.  As a die hard MGS fan (who Redbox'd MGSV:GZ on PS3 just to get his fix), here are my thoughts

-Reflex mode (the three second slow motion you get upon being spotted) with a keyboard and mouse accuracy makes the game stupid easy.  You can turn it off in the options.

-While an excellent port, the game's DOF is a little too much.  If you're trying to watch someone with binoculars through a bush, you're going to have a bad time as the focus will switch between foreground and background easily.  Same goes for watching someone through a small space such as in a grate or under a building.  No DOF option in menu from what I've seen.

-No mouse controls on the menus.  Kind of a thing with Japanese ports.

-Some screen tearing (even with VSync on) in Borderless Windowed mode.  None in Fullscreen.

-You get BOTH the PS and XBOX exclusive content (Raiden mission/ Deja Vu mission).  Really can be called the 'Definitive Edition.'

-You can not import your own music into the game, as was found in the PS3 version.  Which sucks because it was fun calling down a helicopter to aid you while it blazes your favorite song (or in my case "Rules of Nature")

-Capped at 60fps.  It's been known but...there it is.  At least it's not 30.

-Weapon switching is a little janky.  You switch using 1, 2, 3, and 4.  And you select alternatives by holding down the number and then using the scroll wheel to set it.  So no real UI tweaks for a keyboard+mouse setup.  Kind of to be expected, but disappoing none the less.

-Some might hate the FOV, it can get pretty narrow at times, especially when you are in small quarters (such as between two tents).  TB's gonna rage.

-No mouse acceleration!

-Dat draw distance.  So nice to not see all the plants pop up 20 feet from Big Boss as was found in the PS3 version.

Won't speak on the length.  But I bet MOST will play the game once or twice and get 1-5 hours out of it.  Those that love MGS or the stealth genre would get more playtime out of it.

Gotta tip your hat to Kojima.  I have a lot of faith that MGSV:TPP will be an excellent PC port now and this is one of the best Japanese developed AAA PC ports to date.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

Near universal acclaim from what I can see so far, the biggest complaint seems to be that it's somewhat brief. But more than one reviewer has suggested they've gotten more hours of interesting gameplay out of it than many full-priced AAA titles.

I sorta want to buy it just to reward a good PC port in a long-running console-centric Japanese franchise, but I'm also a huge fan of stealth games. That, and the fact that it launched on Steam with an immediate 33% off sale makes this a pretty easy decision for me.

Edit:

Well, I just finished the main mission. I'm using an overclocked Core i5-750 and GTX 770 at 1080p. I was able to run the game at virtually max settings, aside from SSAO which I turned down to "High" (I narrowed down some bad stuttering to Extra High SSAO). Performance was excellent, and I noticed few if any framerate drops. Aside from 4K gaming and that last tiny bit of ambient occlusion, I don't see how a high-end video card setup is necessary for this at all.

Dat Kojima feel on the PC, so good to have MGS back.

This is basically the equivalent of VR missions disk however, at $14 ($11 on GMG) I'm going to get my money's worth because those side missions are amazing if you allow your self to get immersed.

If you slow down to enjoy the game, all the little Kojima touches are more apparent.

On a i5-2400/GTX 970 @1440p maxed out doesn't drop below 50fps, hanging onto solid 60fps more often than not.

Definitely a good port, Fox engine delivered, a few more PC specific features will hopefully come down the road.

Excellent port.  As a die hard MGS fan (who Redbox'd MGSV:GZ on PS3 just to get his fix), here are my thoughts

-Reflex mode (the three second slow motion you get upon being spotted) with a keyboard and mouse accuracy makes the game stupid easy.  You can turn it off in the options.

-While an excellent port, the game's DOF is a little too much.  If you're trying to watch someone with binoculars through a bush, you're going to have a bad time as the focus will switch between foreground and background easily.  Same goes for watching someone through a small space such as in a grate or under a building.  No DOF option in menu from what I've seen.

-No mouse controls on the menus.  Kind of a thing with Japanese ports.

-Some screen tearing (even with VSync on) in Borderless Windowed mode.  None in Fullscreen.

-You get BOTH the PS and XBOX exclusive content (Raiden mission/ Deja Vu mission).  Really can be called the 'Definitive Edition.'

-You can not import your own music into the game, as was found in the PS3 version.  Which sucks because it was fun calling down a helicopter to aid you while it blazes your favorite song (or in my case "Rules of Nature")

-Capped at 60fps.  It's been known but...there it is.  At least it's not 30.

-Weapon switching is a little janky.  You switch using 1, 2, 3, and 4.  And you select alternatives by holding down the number and then using the scroll wheel to set it.  So no real UI tweaks for a keyboard+mouse setup.  Kind of to be expected, but disappoing none the less.

-Some might hate the FOV, it can get pretty narrow at times, especially when you are in small quarters (such as between two tents).  TB's gonna rage.

-No mouse acceleration!

-Dat draw distance.  So nice to not see all the plants pop up 20 feet from Big Boss as was found in the PS3 version.

Won't speak on the length.  But I bet MOST will play the game once or twice and get 1-5 hours out of it.  Those that love MGS or the stealth genre would get more playtime out of it.

Gotta tip your hat to Kojima.  I have a lot of faith that MGSV:TPP will be an excellent PC port now and this is one of the best Japanese developed AAA PC ports to date.

What he said

Amazing port, i could play this on high with 45 FPS with my freaking laptop that have gtx 740m in it.Very well optimized.

Ran this game at max settings 1080p 60fps perfectly, stock 3570k and GTX670, such a great port! :P

Some issues with AA and DOF but everything else is great. For me I have to play on high to get 60 fps stable but there are so many jagged edges, even forcing 8xEQ AA doesn't look great.

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0