Vince “K|NGP|N” Lucido breaks overclocking records. Achieves a score of 40,338 in 3DMark Firestrike.

I laugh whenever I see this guy in tech news

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

And here I am sitting at my computer with a GT610 artifacting like crazy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

H0ly 5h17

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

H0ly 5h17

No need for 1337speak.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Oh who the f@ck cares anymore?! He gets the highest binned products these companies have for free just to dump liquid nitrogen on them and have fan children swoon. Why do we even pay attention to LN2 overclocking records? Consumer-viable techniques should be the center of attention. Air, liquid, and Peltier are all more doable for the average joe.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Oh who the f@ck cares anymore?! He gets the highest binned products these companies have for free just to dump liquid nitrogen on them and have fan children swoon. Why do we even pay attention to LN2 overclocking records? Consumer-viable techniques should be the center of attention. Air, liquid, and Peltier are all more doable for the average joe.

Preach it!

tumblr_nahx2bBQUR1tq4of6o1_500.gif

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Because this is an art form. It takes time, precision, and patience to pull these type of runs. The CPU was overclocked to 5.6GHz that's a 5960X, then you have to properly overclock each card to work in unison together because obviously with 4 of them in SLI they aren't going  to take the same overclock as a single card. On top of that you have the application of Liquid Nitrogen thrown into the entire cluster fuck of things that can possibly go wrong in the midst of executing everything.

Anyone who can't appreciate this just never got into benching themselves and doesn't understand how hard it is to do. 

My favorite comment on it

"The question is can it run ACUnity 1080p 60fps stable on max settings?"

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Because this is an art form. It takes time, precision, and patience...-snip-...

Anyone who can't appreciate this just never got into benching themselves and doesn't understand how hard it is to do.

I think your confusing the word art for the word focus

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

That's kind of old. 

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

I'd rather Tech news like this then all the crap about Ubisoft ot games(Far Cry,AC:U,WoW ect).

But I agree that I care less about LN2 records then I do water or air and I care much more about practical overclocking records then I do anything that's a single core using one stick of ram, but it's still somewhat interesting.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Damn.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Because this is an art form. It takes time, precision, and patience to pull these type of runs. The CPU was overclocked to 5.6GHz that's a 5960X, then you have to properly overclock each card to work in unison together because obviously with 4 of them in SLI they aren't going to take the same overclock as a single card. On top of that you have the application of Liquid Nitrogen thrown into the entire cluster fuck of things that can possibly go wrong in the midst of executing everything.

I did LN2 benching competitively. It is more precise than what the average joe can do, but don't assume it's really that difficult. It still comes down to the silicon lottery of the chips and motherboard.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

While I understand the SLI scaling here, am I alone in thinking benchmarkinng should only be with single cards? Face it, most people interested in these cards are only doing single-card setups and this really skews the opinions of consumers. No one in their right mind would pay extra for this card all the other high-end hardware but will take this as a reason to purchase a lower end one. That's the point of this sponsorshop/marketing in my opinion.

And while this article has everything to do with this particular card, there is no comparison with other brands/series and definitely looks like a pitch for the EVGA Classified.

I'm thinking that Kitguru is nearing WCCF-level bullshittery.

Edit:

I'd rather Tech news like this then all the crap about Ubisoft ot games(Far Cry,AC:U,WoW ect).

But I agree that I care less about LN2 records then I do water or air and I care much more about practical overclocking records then I do anything that's a single core using one stick of ram, but it's still somewhat interesting.

This I can agree with despite me being a cynic. At this time Ubisoft feels like a circlejerk and that behavior doesn't belong in tech news. LTT forums or not, I've seen more actual discussion with topics like this than with Ubisoft stuff.. The rest I disagree with.

I think your confusing the wor art for the word focus

Focus too, but still art also. 

I did LN2 benching competitively. It is more precise than what the average joe can do, but don't assume it's really that difficult. It still comes down to the silicon lottery of the chips and motherboard.

I'm not assuming that it is difficult, I used to be heavily into benching about two years ago and benching on air alone can become difficult when you are trying to push every last MHz out of your components. The BSOD's, the lock ups, the freezes, etc. etc. etc. are all a process that everyone has to deal with when trying to bench and push your CPU and GPU to the limit. Granted much of what you can actually achieve has to do with the silicon lottery, that still doesn't take away the amount of difficulty and frustration that is involved with suicide runs.

That's quite impressive.. It also makes me look at my HD7770 and wish I had money.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

So do we need to do this to run Ass Creed Unity at max?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

It is like funny car dragsters

expensive, noisy, unusable other thN on dragstrip, but the 5-6000 horsepower on the tube frame and those speeds are amazing

ther are people out there who wants oc, and the fact that this guy can do this wth those cards is marketing attraction

It's all e-peen show off really, none of it has practical usage value for the consumer.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?