The Orange Z11 Plus - Is the concept okay? I know it looks horrible

Ishraq

I know this looks horrible, I am much better with a paint can trust meh. It's just a concept for a potential future project.

Hello guys, this isn't really a build log, but I painted an old Z11 Plus I had lying around. It has no components in because I don't have any spare.

I'm a 14 year old in the UK with a lot of time on his hands....

23u2xw3.jpg

2la8pl5.jpg

2n807t.jpg

257dkbk.jpg

So yeah, all it does is store potatoes, but I have some hope...

The case itself got a little damaged and I ran out of white paint during the job... trust me I can do A LOT BETTER than that...

yeah for the z11 i would of stuck with black and white or gun metal grey

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

yeah for the z11 i would of stuck with black and white or gun metal grey

:(

dude it looks awsome but it needs a color mached build!

What do you mean? Don't white and orange work?

What do you mean? Don't white and orange work?

No, he means the parts inside should be colour matched with the outside. 

You've got a pretty interesting concept here, imo! Not bad at all. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

:(

just my personal performance regarding colour, so far however it looks very nice, im jealous that a 14 year old is allowed to mess with his case, my parents would just slap me and tell me to do work. Anyways please dont paint that front grill, i think it looks fine as is. Maybe you could do a sort of orange box or half life theme for it

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

the concept is pretty good, a bit more practice (and a bit more paint :P) and the paint job could be pretty good.
again, everybody has a different taste... so relax, if they don't like your colors screw them, it's your case ;)

i doubt anyone is going to sponsor you xD however, you can work on the case untill it's perfect and one day build a system in it with your own money and then you will be very proud of yourself ;)

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

the concept is pretty good, a bit more practice (and a bit more paint :P) and the paint job could be pretty good.

again, everybody has a different taste... so relax, if they don't like your colors screw them, it's your case ;)

i doubt anyone is going to sponsor you xD however, you can work on the case untill it's perfect and one day build a system in it with your own money and then you will be very proud of yourself ;)

yeahhh i guess... I'll save some pennies and also I'm much better than that... I kinda rushed it. Thanks for being supportive

I actually like it, i love orange.

I wouldn't do it to my own case, but i think that looks pretty cool on the Z11

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Not a fan of orange but I do like how the paint isn't 100 percent opaque. I think you should keep it that way. Hard to make my mind up on the case itself though. If you can get a big-ass fan behind that grille it's kinda decent.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

My god, the bashing on this thread is insane. Personally, I think it looks pretty great, with a fair bit of imperfections, but still a fairly decent paint job.

You could make a LTT themed build out of this.

thanks, what's LTT? I'll work into it soon, lemme save some pennies and I'll do a better paint job ;)

You ruined your floor with the spray paint...... Put like newspaper down or something next time ;) Appart from that i have a Z11 and to see it change into that is pretty neat.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

You ruined your floor with the spray paint...... Put like newspaper down or something next time ;) Appart from that i have a Z11 and to see it change into that is pretty neat.

+1 my mother would have resorted to twatting me with a frying pan if I'd done that.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I would attempted to re coat most of the paint. Try to keep even strokes and during the re coat move a different direction (left to right horizontal movement, to a vertical movement) I would personally attempt to keep it two tone scheme instead of the existing 3 tone. You could try the keep the Orange you have going and contrast heavy with a Matte Black paint, this would really carry the orange color. So far so good, it'll be a lot better after you touch up the paint.

Edit - Use masking tape when painting to avoid the paint spray from going on to the areas you do not want (example your power button)

Just had a quick idea, you could if you are adventuress enough. You could cut out the square lines in the front air takes and in their place put black mesh to offset the orange. (or just pain the air intakes black)

If it was me, I would do a two tone, Matte Black and Orange. Change the plastic air take vents for mesh, place orange led light strip in the top of the case so it shines through the top.

I'll post a Photoshop picture of what I'm in-visioning the case in its current state.

Photoshop picture -

Colors

Matte Black

Bright Orange

Black front mesh

Lighting on top of case

post-9043-0-40963200-1416330590_thumb.pn

Edited by colonel_mortis
removed off topic content
Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

I find the color quite nice. for the paintjob, next time try using some masking tape. it helps a lot :P

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

+1 my mother would have resorted to twatting me with a frying pan if I'd done that.

Yeahh.... about that.... I did get done with a frying pan. I used newspaper but it kept going up, even after putting stuff to hold it down... It's come off now anyway, after a little manual labour.

I find the color quite nice. for the paintjob, next time try using some masking tape. it helps a lot :P

Yeah thanks...

Photoshop picture -

Colors

Matte Black

Bright Orange

Black front mesh

Lighting on top of case

Nice! I might change the design to this!

I would attempted to re coat most of the paint. Try to keep even strokes and during the re coat move a different direction (left to right horizontal movement, to a vertical movement) I would personally attempt to keep it two tone scheme instead of the existing 3 tone. You could try the keep the Orange you have going and contrast heavy with a Matte Black paint, this would really carry the orange color. So far so good, it'll be a lot better after you touch up the paint.

Edit - Use masking tape when painting to avoid the paint spray from going on to the areas you do not want (example your power button)

This is not how Linus Tech Tips should be; no matter how bad or what ever you think of someones project - you should never never discounting the time he put into this and he may think its fucken awesome. If anything you should provide suggestions on how he can enhance his build or give constructive criticisms.

Yeah thanks for the advice... I'm saving up for now... this will become more better and will be resurrected. I am only interested in seeing if the concept is good before I carry on.

Photoshop picture -

Colors

Matte Black

Bright Orange

Black front mesh

Lighting on top of case

I was also conservative with the white paint... i was running out :P

I've just cleaned up this thread to remove the harsh comments removed a member (on their request). If your post has disappeared or been edited, don't worry.
I also merged some of the posts in the thread - please use the multiquote function (next to quote) to address all of the posts at once, otherwise it can be classed as post count farming if we view it to have been intentional - @Ishraq @Agent Maine

HTTP/2 203

I've just cleaned up this thread to remove the harsh comments removed a member (on their request). If your post has disappeared or been edited, don't worry.

I also merged some of the posts in the thread - please use the multiquote function (next to quote) to address all of the posts at once, otherwise it can be classed as post count farming if we view it to have been intentional - @Ishraq @Agent Maine

OK and thank you for taking the trouble. I can assure you I will use the multiquote function instead.

Personally I think it looks pretty sweet! The color really reminds me of the Jakobs guns from Borderlands 2.