"Six-Year-Old JRPG Beats Assassin's Creed Unity in Steam Charts"

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.865107-Six-Year-Old-JRPG-Beats-Assassins-Creed-Unity-in-Steam-Charts

Source 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2m9zpd/

Source 3: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/11/12/valkyria-chronicles-jumps-to-the-top-of-steam-charts-on-its-first-day.aspx

Assassin's Creed Unity isn't even a week old yet, and it's being bombarded with hate (for good reasons). Whelp, recently a JRPG from 2008 got a PC port to Steam, and it's already beating AC: Unity in the Steam charts. The game in question in Valkyria Chronicles. Something like this should (in a somewhat normal circumstance) never happen. You would think that a AAA game would knock a JRPG out of the ball park in sales, but this time around it is completely different.

Hopefully this is an eye-opener for Ubisoft, but I doubt it is. 

COMIC SANS

Thats because VC is an epic game/anime/everything :P i would love more games with its artstyle

Nobody touch unity, not even with a stick. It's our chance to vote with our wallets! Let unity be the biggest flop in the industry of the last few years!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well atleast you don't need a Titan Z to run the damn game.

sli 980s can't run it ^^ not even 3 -way apparently

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I think I played valkyria chronicles on my psp. Doesn't surprise me that it surpassed it in sales, a lot more effort went in to valkyria than into AC:unity.

I'm torn between laughing my arse off and crying my eyes out..

Really wanted it to be good...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well atleast you don't need a Titan Z to run the damn game.

yep, 4k downsapled with 8x smaa forced. butter smooth

I'm torn between laughing my arse off and crying my eyes out..

Really wanted it to be good...

so did i, unity had everything going for it. a great city, great art assets. no need to make last gen console versions. but instead of increasing the sandbox they stuck to the same stuff and made it run like crap.

Ubisoft claimed that people are getting such low performance because "In-game Paris is such a detailed world!" This is bullshit, Unity doesn't even look that amazing.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Source 1: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.865107-Six-Year-Old-JRPG-Beats-Assassins-Creed-Unity-in-Steam-Charts

Source 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2m9zpd/

Source 3: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/11/12/valkyria-chronicles-jumps-to-the-top-of-steam-charts-on-its-first-day.aspx

Assassin's Creed Unity isn't even a week old yet, and it's being bombarded with hate (for good reasons). Whelp, recently a JRPG from 2008 got a PC port to Steam, and it's already beating AC: Unity in the Steam charts. The game in question in Valkyria Chronicles. Something like this should (in a somewhat normal circumstance) never happen. You would think that a AAA game would knock a JRPG out of the ball park in sales, but this time around it is completely different.

Hopefully this is an eye-opener for Ubisoft, but I doubt it is.

Hell yeah preordered it on PC and I'm now playing the shit outta it. They will most likely adapt the next 2 games in the lineup

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Prepare for Ubisoft's "lets blame piracy for everything" speech.

I wouldn't even pirate it hell I doubt I could even run it on low at 720p with my 4gb 770 oc lmfao

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

HELL YEAH

In your Effing FACE Ubisoft.! a avarage Port Beat your shitty AAA game by a longshot! MWAHAHAHAHA

Now we need VC 2 and 3 as well ! HD remasterd!

Hell yeah preordered it on PC and I'm now playing the shit outta it. They will most likely adapt the next 2 games in the lineup

Too bad there is no Co op or VS :( it would be fun in VC

HELL YEAH

In your Effing FACE Ubisoft.! a avarage Port Beat your shitty AAA game by a longshot! MWAHAHAHAHA

Now we need VC 2 and 3 as well ! HD remasterd!

Too bad there is no Co op or VS :( it would be fun in VC

Someday cat on clouds... Someday....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

This is not news. What's wrong with you people. Just another bash ubisoft thread. Move this crap to the game forums.

This is not news. What's wrong with you people. Just another bash ubisoft thread. Move this crap to the game forums.

I mean you can report the thread if it seems like a problem.

Who's Ubisoft going to blame for VC doing better than their well known series? Valve? I want to see that one.

Who's Ubisoft going to blame for VC doing better than their well known series? Valve? I want to see that one.

They'll blame the people that want working ports of good games instead of their broken shit.

Valkyria Chronicles is one of my favorite game franchises, so it's no surprise

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Ok as someone who is not into anime at all, other than watching Dragon Ball Z, is this game any good? I was NOT a fan of Final Fantasy and I really dislike turn based combat. If the game is exceptional though I would give it a shot.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Ok as someone who is not into anime at all, other than watching Dragon Ball Z, is this game any good? I was NOT a fan of Final Fantasy and I really dislike turn based combat. If the game is exceptional though I would give it a shot.

It's amazing but it is turn based. However it is NOT Final Fantasy. Valkyria Chronicles is technically what is called a SRPG or Strategy RPG. It's more akin to a turn-based strategy game than your typical JRPG. There are thousands of gameplay videos floating around Youtube I'd suggest checking them out to see if you think you'd like how it plays first.

It's amazing but it is turn based. However it is NOT Final Fantasy. Valkyria Chronicles is technically what is called a SRPG or Strategy RPG. It's more akin to a turn-based strategy game than your typical JRPG. There are thousands of gameplay videos floating around Youtube I'd suggest checking them out to see if you think you'd like how it plays first.

Will do :). I like strategy games so it sounds promising. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

It helps paint a funny commentary.  Also chill bro :0

I'm glad to see VC do well on steam though.  It was a great game on the PS3 and hopefully SEGA and various other companies see the potential of re-releasing games on steam.

Ubisoft is a company, and like all companies it cares most about the bottom line. It doesn't care about the satisfaction of customers, unless more satisfied customers = more dollars. They've been pissing everyone off but people still buy the games, so they don't care. Now the sales are suffering, so I expect they will start caring. And I mean more than "oh we care about PC". Expect better PC ports of future AC or other Ubisoft games.