AC: Unity's Frame Rate Issues Resolved By This Embarrassingly Simple Fix

ThyFeared

For anyone who cares... here is me playing the game. I'm pretty bad at it so don't laugh.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Am I pretty

n379B6B-665x385.jpg

Honestly when i first saw it i thought that seing this while playing Unity must be scarrier than any other survival/horror games

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

I'd rather see some video evidence rather than people just saying it works. Though it does seem plausible if people were speculating correctly that its because of constant network checking for the companion app or for micro transactions.

i'll confirm it does work.

getting 40 fps avg now on ultra settings / FXAA @ 1440p on my GTX 980. 

reviewtech usa, that youtube vid from the OP.

(incase you didn't know I was calling rtu a dipshit, not you :) I really don't like his stuff.)

I enjoy some of his videos but man he can be a real idiot sometimes... Some of his videos are obvious click bait too and that pisses me right off.

Just another funny pic on why Ubisoft keeps on digging

NotJustAMD.jpg

source: Kotaku

Am I pretty

n379B6B-665x385.jpg

That is the creepiest fucking shit I have ever seen.

At the same time I'm laughing so hard I actually can't breathe because of the thought that a game was allowed to be released with issues like this. Oh dear, ubisoft...

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Ubisoft is the main reason I torrent games like this instead of support the devs....

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I actually created a support ticket with ubi for s&g's and that's what I was advised to do. You don't need to turn off the internet on your PC, you just need to turn off all the online stuff lol... fail...

Gamer + Musician + Techie = Me

Steam: luke104.3

Origin: xxluke104xx

now's a good time to pop in and say: do you want to play ACU with good performance? than you better not buy it! *goes to le pir-*

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Permanent fix: Uninstalling it, then you'll get a solid 60/120/144fps (depending on your monitor). 

/If only people would stop supporting Ubi, maybe then they'd stop pulling this shit. 

They're gamers. Majority of them just swear up and down on the Internet that they're boycotting a company then a few months later buy the latest game in droves from same company on launch day.  :rolleyes:

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

No fucking way, this cannot be true....

How the hell did this get past beta, if not fucking alpha testing. This must be an engine problem, which should be noticed much much earlier

i sense sinister intentions affooot sounds like ubisoft purposely has a feauture active while online.. They may not have tested it and put it into the live game

sounds like a mining software running with the game when it has internet conn

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

sounds like a mining software running with the game when it has internet conn

I'd laugh so freaking hard and it would serve the people dumb enough to actually support Ubisoft right IMO.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Ubisoft have stated in the past that they monitor behavior while you play (automated), in order to see what assets in game actually matter. I'm not going to waste my afternoon digging it up, but I'm sure it was someone at Ubisoft that said it.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Ubisoft have stated in the past that they monitor behavior while you play (automated), in order to see what assets in game actually matter. I'm not going to waste my afternoon digging it up, but I'm sure it was someone at Ubisoft that said it.

"Privacy is just an idea" 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Here's a link to the official support page on steam, saying it's an approved "workaround"

http://steamcommunity.com/app/289650/discussions/0/624075036302681084/

Frame rate issues.
WORKING ON IT WORKAROUND BELOW
  • If playing single player, we suggest that you disconnect from your internet connection (wifi or network cable). It could potentially improve frame rate.
  • There is a potential work around in this thread but is untested.

It may actually be something more than just disconnecting internet connectivity.  It appears that the game is possibly doing entirely too many draw calls which is lowering performance, PCPer reported about thsi today:

PCPer

"UPDATE 3: In the last day or so, a couple of other media outlets have posted anonymous information that indicates that the draw call count for Assassin's Creed Unity is at fault for the poor performance of the game on PCs. According to this "anonymous" source, while the consoles have low-level API access to hardware to accept and process several times the draw calls, DirectX 11 can only handle "7,000 - 10,000 peak draw calls." Unity apparently is "pushing in excess of 50,000 draw calls per frame" and thus is putting more pressure on the PC that it can handle, even with high end CPU and GPU hardware. The fact that these comments are "anonymous" is pretty frustrating as it means that even if they are accurate, they can't be taken as the truth without confirmation from Ubisoft. If this turns out to be true, then it would be a confirmation that Ubisoft didn't take the time to implement a DX11 port correctly. If it's not true, or only partially to blame, we are left with more meaningless finger-pointing."

Rock On!

Permanent fix: Uninstalling it, then you'll get a solid 60/120/144fps (depending on your monitor). 

/If only people would stop supporting Ubi, maybe then they'd stop pulling this shit. 

I salute you man for the explicit truth. ;)