You have to be kidding me...

Bigsky108
Go to solution Solved by nightmarevoid,

With the CAM software from NZXT it was showing my cpu running at around 70°C just sitting on WoW.

Seems like something is wrong with my pc.

Sounds like thermal throttling! After going into the bios and digging around in the advanced menu, you should find a feature that lets you select which device is outputing graphics (should select GPU) and maybe even what speed the PCIe lane is running at (select 16X). Also make sure that your graphics card is plugged into the highest up full size PCIe slot on your motherboard. If all of this is correct, then push down on the CPU water block of your AIO water cooler and re tighten it, because those temps are too high. if The high temperature and/or the poor performance still persists, take off the CPU water block and re apply the thermal compound like this. also throw in some rubber washers behind the motherboard and around the cpu bracket mounting screws to add some extra room between the cpu bracket and the back of the motherboard, which should give you more room to tighten the water block. This should keep your stuff nice and cool. if The bad performance still persists, make sure your power supply is beefy enough (around 700 W) and that the right cables are connected to the GPU. if an auxiliary power cable can be plugged into the motherboard for PCI power, go ahead and plug that in. also, reinstall your drivers, selecting clean reinstall, and checking that it's for the right card and the right OS. If you feel like it you can start from scratch by reinstalling the operating system. maybe install the graphics card in a different computer to check that it works properly?

edit: I just read that you fixed the graphics card stuff. Hopefully my advice on your CPU temps will help, haha

So I just spent roughly 3000$ on a new pc,

I7 4790k

Kraken x61

16gb of ram (2400MHz)

512gb Samsung pro sad

Gigabyte G1 GTX 970

Etc...

I'm also running an Asus 1440p monitor,

Problem is, I got everything put together. Everything seems to be running fine and I installed World of Warcraft, But My pc can't even play it on low settings. Granted I'm running 1440p but I thought a gtx 970 and an i7 4790k was a fairly good combo. And I missing something here? Please help.

Did you install drivers? and do everything properly? Do you have anything very intensive running in the background -- Malware? 

a 4790k and a 970 will destroy WoW. 

Run AVG and Malwarebytes.

Make sure all the correct drivers are installed. 

Make sure the cpu/gpu are functioning properly -- run CPU-Z and GPU-Z. (Make sure you're running off the gpu, not integrated graphics). 

If the issue still persists, then format and reinstall windows. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Are you sure your video card is hooked up properly?  It may be running off the Intel graphics chip and running poorly because of that.  Also have you tried other games to get a comparison?  Did you install the latest Nvidia drivers?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Check GPU and CPU temperatures for throttling

Wow is busy as all balls at the moment, that could be it.

Otherwise download Unigine Valley, install it and run the Extreme HD preset

Edit: It's silly to think about it but did you plug in your screen to the GPU and not the motherboard?

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

With the CAM software from NZXT it was showing my cpu running at around 70°C just sitting on WoW.

You are probably using integrated graphics...

1) plug your monitor into the GPU not motherboard

2) make sure your GPU is powered with all the PCIe power cables it needs

3) make sure integrated graphics is disabled in the BIOS

4) reinstall your GPU drivers

5) install all your windows updates

6) check your CPU+GPU temps

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Is your monitor connected to your gpu or motherboard? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Connect your monitor to your GPU's video outputs, not the ones on the motherboard. That's probably what's wrong. You're most likely running integrated CPU graphics right now.

Git Gud.

Drivers?

Temps?

First Build:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Black          GPU: MSI R9 270 Gaming@1050/1500         CPU: i5 4570          Motherboard: ASUS H81I Plus          PSU: Corsair CX600          RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport XT         Cooling: 230mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Intake; Corsair AF140 Rear Exuast; 2x120mm Stock Case Fans Top Exuast        Storage: WD Blue 1TB          OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

Make sure that the monitor is connected to the GPU, and not the MoBo.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Well my GPU is lit up, The blue Windforce light. I didn't check my drivers to see if they're up to date. This is my first pc build ever. How to I check to see if my pc is running my gpu?

Thanks for the help btw guys. I am having a minor panicked attack

My monitor is plugged into my gpu. I'll go to bios and try to find the intergrated graphics and turn them off

Well my GPU is lit up, The blue Windforce light. I didn't check my drivers to see if they're up to date. This is my first pc build ever. How to I check to see if my pc is running my gpu?

Plug your monitor into your GPU, not the motherboard. The lights just mean it's getting power.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

My monitor is plugged into my gpu. I'll go to bios and try to find the intergrated graphics and turn them off

No need, download unigine valley, install it and run the benchmark on the Extreme HD preset

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2208/unigine-valley-benchmark-1-0/mirrors

Download this: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Installs your drivers, checks for updates, ShadowPlay etc..

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

so you spent 3000$ to play World of Warcraft

I spent like $2k to play Dota and a little bit of other games :unsure:

Well, more like $1300 since I have like $700 from peripherals/monitors, which I would've gotten anyway. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

so you spent 3000$ to play World of Warcraft

probably 40% of the gaming rig builds from forum members were League of Legends builds. Just sayin.

But for real though, $3000 for that kind of spec seems like you overpaid in some places. Especially if it was a build for WoW in particular. Hopefully you can fix the graphics setup, cuz that thing should be pumping out some sexy 60fps 1440p Ultra settings.

Git Gud.

My PC isn't just for WoW. Thanks for the tips though guys, I hope I get this figured out.

Sounds like thermal throttling! After going into the bios and digging around in the advanced menu, you should find a feature that lets you select which device is outputing graphics (should select GPU) and maybe even what speed the PCIe lane is running at (select 16X). Also make sure that your graphics card is plugged into the highest up full size PCIe slot on your motherboard. If all of this is correct, then push down on the CPU water block of your AIO water cooler and re tighten it, because those temps are too high. if The high temperature and/or the poor performance still persists, take off the CPU water block and re apply the thermal compound like this. also throw in some rubber washers behind the motherboard and around the cpu bracket mounting screws to add some extra room between the cpu bracket and the back of the motherboard, which should give you more room to tighten the water block. This should keep your stuff nice and cool. if The bad performance still persists, make sure your power supply is beefy enough (around 700 W) and that the right cables are connected to the GPU. if an auxiliary power cable can be plugged into the motherboard for PCI power, go ahead and plug that in. also, reinstall your drivers, selecting clean reinstall, and checking that it's for the right card and the right OS. If you feel like it you can start from scratch by reinstalling the operating system. maybe install the graphics card in a different computer to check that it works properly?

edit: I just read that you fixed the graphics card stuff. Hopefully my advice on your CPU temps will help, haha

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

I spent like $2k to play Dota and a little bit of other games :unsure:

$400 wouldve gotten you a machine that can do the same thing.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1