iMac 5k Retina Display

lol i saw the video and started to play it.  a couple secs in a wanted to see whats going on in the forums first. 

So I predict , great screen  (no idea if it has a gpu or intel graphics), build quality is great, cant upgrade, overpriced

What I'm curious about

Assuming ram is soldered on but what did they do for a hard drive ssd, soldered like the macbook, is that upgradable (and can you replace the os. I remember reading intel looking into locking down there chips to disable multiple OSes although I'm sure we would see a video about that before an iMac video

Since OSX is an in house OS how does it deal with the 5k, ie small text in random places.

Specs i5 or i7, gpu or no gpu. ram ect ect

omg if price wasnt an issue and its an overpriced all in one, htpc like pos, I would love to see a combo video of snl I threw it on the ground and office space baseball bat destruction with slick linus the entire team.  but alas i did see him say he bought it himself and it would be a waste but I'm sure it would get a load of views!!!

Off to go watch the video and than ill be back

the ram is upgradable (little door above power cord), the hdd and ssd are not soldered to the board but to get to any of the internal components other than the ram requires removing the display which, you guessed it, is glued on. this makes it really hard to do and usually not worth the effort with all the external things you could do instead. all macs since intel have been able to dual boot into windows using bootcamp (the apple software solution to do this.) and apple high res scaling is years ahead of microsoft as long as its an apple app or one that has been optimized for retina (which luckily most of them have since the retina pro has been out for a few years)

Thankyou linus for commenting on that terrible keyboard and mouse! That mouse is terrible! I have to use one every now and then at work and I find myself wanting to throw it at the wall

gotta try the wireless trackpad. the gesture functions in the OS make it a pretty seamless controller if you know them all. and also if you can get away with a trackpad for what you're doing.

Mac Pro 2013, 3.5GHz 6-core xeon E5, 32GB 1866 ddr3 ECC, 2x AMD Firepro d700 6GB, 512GB PCIe SSD, 3x Dell u2412m 24", Audio-technica ad-700 with Astro mixamp, Logitech g19s, Steelseries Sensei Wireless, Saitek x-55.

Finally, an enthusiasts look on a Mac

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Hmm, the initial price looks somewhat understandable with the 5k screen and the form factor, however the upgrade scaling price is pretty ridiculous, +200 dollars for 8 more GB of ram...or +800 for 1TB of Flash Storage, where you can get a 1 TB SSD for 500-700 dollars

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

As others have said in the thread, it's said that these Mac products run very hot. I think it would be very interesting to push this... thing... to the limit with games and video editing software (maybe even both at the same time). I'd really like to know how hot it really gets, the noise it can make, and its real peak performance. It'd also be a nice addittion to run some torture tests (if any are available) and maybe do a comparison with a PC with similar specs. After all, a lot of people say that Macs are better for video editing and that stuff, so I'd also like to see if that's true from both the hardware and software perspectives.

I still think it's ridiculously overpriced, though. And even if a Mac has the looks of a 2500$ piece of hardware, it still doesn't cost nearly that much. And depending on where you live, even more. Here, in Spain, the starting price point for this thing is around 2600€ (more taht 3000$) if I recall correctly.

PS: I recall Linus saying in the video that the starting price point is 2500$. But how much did he really pay for that exact one?

What I'm curious about

Assuming ram is soldered on but what did they do for a hard drive ssd, soldered like the macbook, is that upgradable (and can you replace the os. I remember reading intel looking into locking down there chips to disable multiple OSes although I'm sure we would see a video about that before an iMac video

Since OSX is an in house OS how does it deal with the 5k, ie small text in random places.

Specs i5 or i7, gpu or no gpu. ram ect ect

Ram is not soldered, Apple even gives instructions on how to upgrade it yourself.

http://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT5908

The HDD, and SSD can be user replaced, as can the CPU. The only issue is removing the actuall monitor, but iFixit has you covered for instructions. There's also no CPU to upgrade to if you already selected the i7 4790k

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iMac+Intel+27-Inch+Retina+5K+Display+Teardown/30260

OS X has "Retina Scaling" for high res content, soif you use 5K, you can scale it down to 2560x1440, where it will use 4 pixels to represent 1.

So you can a 4x downsample essentially since 5K is exactly 4x 2560x1440.

The Base model with 5K display comes with a m290X at least, but the m295X is vastly better. Handily spanking the previous NVIDIA GTX780m in 90% of all tasks, and the upgraded iMac beats the Base Mac Pro model in everything bu OpenCL( MP has dual FirePros)

You, and @LinusTech might find these tests useful for it. Everything from Pro Work to Gaming at 5K

iMac vs other Quad core macs

http://barefeats.com/imac5k.html

http://barefeats.com/imac5k3.html

5K Gaming

http://barefeats.com/imac5k2.html

Pro Apps

http://barefeats.com/imac5k4.html

Base iMac vs Top model for CPU and GPU

http://barefeats.com/imac5k6.html

iMac vs Full desktop GPUs in OS X

http://barefeats.com/imac5k7.html

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

NCIX: N/A

Amazon: http://geni.us/ZcG

What... an iMac... on Linus Tech Tips?... Yes, we decided to check out if the grass really is greener on our side of the fence. So come along with us as we explore the... extremely pricey... world of Apple computers.

is a great buy Linus (5k)  :wub:

as a guy who actually likes amd it has a r9 m295x??? amd mobile chips and i can speak from experience get hot and draw power

and although i know it isn't the end all, gpuboss has a 980m ranked higher 

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-M295X-vs-GeForce-GTX-980M

I looked it up on apples site and they dont even offer a 980m

is not overpriced, dude is a "5K" display (with a great CPU and awesome GPU for FREE for the price)

and the true is... high end Apple lines, works better with AMD (because they have a lot in common)

the new Apple METAL is awesome

and AMD have all the experience in that area this days 

(cof cof mantle cof cof)  :ph34r:

and it be so cool that mantle games come to Apple someday

(they are ready for all)  B)

I still think it's ridiculously overpriced, though. And even if a Mac has the looks of a 2500$ piece of hardware, it still doesn't cost nearly that much.

for most macs i would agree with you but where can you get a 5k display at all let alone for 2500, let alone with a full computer inside of actually decent if not mindblowing specs.

this particular imac happens to be a pretty ok deal... if you're looking for a 5k display 

Mac Pro 2013, 3.5GHz 6-core xeon E5, 32GB 1866 ddr3 ECC, 2x AMD Firepro d700 6GB, 512GB PCIe SSD, 3x Dell u2412m 24", Audio-technica ad-700 with Astro mixamp, Logitech g19s, Steelseries Sensei Wireless, Saitek x-55.

As others have said in the thread, it's said that these Mac products run very hot. I think it would be very interesting to push this... thing... to the limit with games and video editing software (maybe even both at the same time)

My Mac Pro never gets over 70 celcius when rendering work all day, or when gaming in Windows with Crossfire enabled.  :) I can't comment on the iMac though, I've never used one as it doesn't suit my needs.

Also here are a list of tests for the 5K iMac

iMac vs other Quad core macs

http://barefeats.com/imac5k3.html

5K Gaming

http://barefeats.com/imac5k2.html

Pro Apps

Base iMac vs Top model for CPU and GPU

http://barefeats.com/imac5k6.html

iMac vs Full desktop GPUs in OS X

http://barefeats.com/imac5k7.html

Sure mac's look nice with the metal finish, but the thing that I often ask myself, which maybe could be answered.

Do people like their imacs because of how they work/look e.t.c. or do they like and defend them because of how much they paid for them?

I mean if you buy something expensive in general you would defend your purchase, even if it is hardware spec wise worse then something that is cheaper.

And while some may say the 'quality' is better, I would argue that the only quality difference would be the design, since the internal components in general not much different then internal components of normal computers.

So...do people actually like macs, or are they simply defending their purchase and forcing themselves to like it? I really wonder this.

all macs since intel have been able to dual boot into windows using bootcamp (the apple software solution to do this.) and apple high res scaling is years ahead of microsoft as long as its an apple app or one that has been optimized for retina (which luckily most of them have since the retina pro has been out for a few years)

Can't find the article, it could have been the wan show, tek or just some article i read.  The idea was that Intel has been trying to get into mobile and although this isnt a new intel chip or a intel mobile chip, it was said they were making some chips unable to adjust anything in the boot so cellphone oses could be locked down by cellular companies, upcoming surface tablets couldn't run linux or something else.  sry dont want to stray too far off topic but thats what i was talking about. and the answer is no so thx

I find all tech reviews interesting but I do find the idea of an all in one pc pointless.  If you want a tablet clear, put the tower under the table, dont have room, run cables from somewhere else( or wireless).  You have a media creator's all in one that is not upgradable with a 5k screen and the minimum horsepower to run it?  Linus mentioned it has a i7k that will be unable to overclock or it melts.  No overclock for slick.

And if this is for a professional, if I walked in to do business and they had people working at these I would walk out.  Imagine the overhead to replace these so often

is a great buy Linus (5k)  :wub:

is not overpriced, dude is a "5K" display (with a great CPU and awesome GPU for FREE for the price)

and the true is... high end Apple lines, works better with AMD (because they have a lot in common)

the new Apple METAL is awesome

and AMD have all the experience in that area this days 

(cof cof mantle cof cof)  :ph34r:

and it be so cool that mantle games come to Apple someday

(they are ready for all)  B)

5k awesome.  I love mantle but i wouldn't hold your breathe for osx.

Mantle also can't change heat throttling or the fact this is still a mobile amd chip and not a desktop gpu.

amd has a higher difference from desktop to mobile chips from what i have read.

So let see what they come up with but dont think ur going to be doing any 5k gaming with any good settings and fps.  

For some reason this reminds me of xbox one and ps4 people saying they were going to be able to game at 4k on launch day with max setting dominating pc games.

So...do people actually like macs, or are they simply defending their purchase and forcing themselves to like it? I really wonder this.

One could ask that about literally anything. It all depends a person's wants and needs. If both overlap they're happy.

I'm extremely happy with my Mac Pro, it's powerful, efficient, extremely quiet and does everything I trow at it.

I just there, and besides turning it on, you never notice it. My external RAIDs, and drives are far louder.

I might eventually replace it with a custom workstation again, but it depends once again on my wants and needs and if that choice suits my workflow and uses.

One complaint is that I didn't opt for the 8 core version when I got it, since I often sit at 100% usage on all cores. I can easily replace the CPU myself, but the cheapest 8 core option I could find was on ebay at 2500 Euro. Money I'd rather put towards a future system instead, especially with x99 and DDR4 here now.

Sure mac's look nice with the metal finish, but the thing that I often ask myself, which maybe could be answered.

Do people like their imacs because of how they work/look e.t.c. or do they like and defend them because of how much they paid for them?

I mean if you buy something expensive in general you would defend your purchase, even if it is hardware spec wise worse then something that is cheaper.

And while some may say the 'quality' is better, I would argue that the only quality difference would be the design, since the internal components in general not much different then internal components of normal computers.

well i cant really answer for EVERYONE. there are definitely people who buy macs for the brand name that probably dont know a gigahertz from an lcd. for me though i recognize the cost of the mac as being disproportionate to its performance (usually). i almost build a crazy windows tower instead of my current setup but decided not to for a few reasons. 1) osx. i LOVE osx. going into windows for too long makes me want to take a shower and retreat to my beautiful, logical osx. im talking function here not aesthetics because windows continues to be far more customizable than osx. 2) resale value. i expect to upgrade usually about once per 3 years and with a mac that often means 75+% of original value back in resale. try that with a windows pc. 3) less so, but support. if something breaks in my mac its no big deal to drop it off at the genius bar for a few days and get legitimate apple trained technicians to fix it without waiting weeks on shipping.

frankly those 3 things are worth more to me than the difference in cost, which we already established is practically zilch anyway due to resale value.

I'm extremely happy with my Mac Pro, it's powerful, efficient, extremely quiet and does everything I trow at it.

I'm trying to be rude but I dont know how to say it any other way.  Do you have the trash can mac pro?

If so I'm curious, I'm sure if your on this forum you tech to some extent.  

What made you buy that, UNIX OSX fan or tied to it.  

When they released it, I was just every confused why anyone would buy it.

Linus mentioned it has a i7k that will be unable to overclock or it melts.  No overclock for slick.

And if this is for a professional, if I walked in to do business and they had people working at these I would walk out.  Imagine the overhead to replace these so often

So let see what they come up with but dont think ur going to be doing any 5k gaming with any good settings and fps.  

i might be wrong but i dont think the heat is the primary reason you cant overclock (although im sure that would be an issue) but i believe its because the efi is so locked.

as for professionals, thats just silly. imacs are plenty substantial enough for 90% of peoples workload. furthermore non prebuilt machines would really be a nightmare for a business and once you look at other prebuilts the imac gets a whole lot more appealing. coupled with a nice warranty and excellent resale value theres really no argument to be made against them. TONS of companies use macs. freaking google and nasa use macs. maybe not only macs, but still.

and yeah. you're not going to play AAA titles at 5k 60fps max settings on an imac. dont think thats a big surprise 

I'm trying to be rude but I dont know how to say it any other way.  Do you have the trash can mac pro?

not him but i too have the trashcan pro. i got it cause it was the most powerful apple machine you can get, it can run 3 monitors (well 6, but i use 3), has plenty of io, and runs osx natively. if apple made a more powerful machine, thats the one i would get. osx to me is more valuable than the type of spec bump i could get going to a self built (the spec bump is significant, but once you're at mac pro level, how much higher do you need to go?) frankly the design is kinda baffling and personally i think apple is too stuck on small ( i mean come on its a desktop), but nevertheless its fast as hell and quiet as a mouse. the design is pretty cool and the size is almost too ridiculous to be believable, but neither of those things really matters to me all that much.

Yup that's the system I run at the moment. Before that I used a previous Mac Pro, and custom build Windows machine.

I kind of mentioned why i bought it previously, but to expand on that I want something powerful, and unobtrusive, and quiet. 

I do prefer OS X for everything, especially workflow and productivity, even gaming, but I happily boot to windows for Games there, and it being Unix is massive plus. Or it was when I still did more IT orientated things.

I would say I'm both tied to OS X, and use it simply because personally it's the best OS I've ever used for both productivity and casual use.

I primarily use Final Cut Pro, and do some Mac games testing so it's really best system I could get that fulfills my needs on all fronts. I was extremely skeptical of it at first, especially since I could happily upgrade my previous Mac's GPU to even a GTX 980 right now, but I wanted to take a chance on Thunderbolt, and Native USB 3 along with getting the FirePros for extremely cheap ( there's also SolidWorks done with it, along with other work).

On a side note, I would not have gotten this if I had a 12 core Classic Mac Pro. This is because I could have upgraded both 6 Core cpus to 3.33+Ghz ones for a faster CPU system. I didn't so eventually sold it for 1800 euro, after having originally gotten it for only 1850 before upgrading parts myself.

As it stands it happily handles everything I throw at it, and the only time I notice it is very late at night where you can here a silent hum from processing work at 100% CPU usage after hours at it.

Thuderbolt has been excellent as well, I have my monitor, docks, external RAIDs, and other enclosures connected through 3 ports. Everything has been tidied away, and I'm very happy with the result.

Even when gaming as a past time for myself, I have no issues at all. In Windows I have Crossfire support, while still having full FirePro features such at 10-bit colour, and ECC along with support. It seems AMD did a really good job on the cards.

The entire system is cool, and quiet, and as mentioned very unobtrusive. I just forget about, and get on with everything.

I do still have the bug to build and tinker with a new system, I always shall. I've been hankering for an X99 8 core triple to quad GPU system for a while now, but it won't let me do anything better, and Hackintoshing it is an extreme pain on the new platform with no guarntee it'll be 100% for everything I do. Maybe for my next build after the community irons out all the issues.

i might be wrong but i dont think the heat is the primary reason you cant overclock (although im sure that would be an issue) but i believe its because the efi is so locked.

as for professionals, thats just silly. imacs are plenty substantial enough for 90% of peoples workload. furthermore non prebuilt machines would really be a nightmare for a business and once you look at other prebuilts the imac gets a whole lot more appealing. coupled with a nice warranty and excellent resale value theres really no argument to be made against them. TONS of companies use macs. freaking google and nasa use macs. maybe not only macs, but still.

and yeah. you're not going to play AAA titles at 5k 60fps max settings on an imac. dont think thats a big surprise 

I think my lack of understand comes if the horsepower is enough than i think for 99% of them 5k isn't necessary.  Maybe its just my perspective, I've only been in the healthcare and gaming tech world.  I know for investing a mult monitor set up would be better and you would want a xeon, with media creation being the same.  My only though is website development?  And if I walked in and I saw your team using iMac I would walk away and find someone using custom pcs with redhat, That may be just me though.  

God, already some misinformation in this thread.

RAM isn't soldered. It's upgrade able to the 32GB max that the 4790k supports. Ditto with the HDDs.

The M295x might not be enough, but it's no slouch either especially when the iMac isn't pushing the full 5K and not really doing any work, which is how most computers spend their time unless you're a Professional of some sort.

Overpriced? God, this term has lost all meaning around here. 2500 is what Dell wants for just a 5K monitor, 2500 gets you a dual booting (even triple, for Linux use) computer in the iMac. Overpriced how?

There is a substantial difference between actually being overpriced and "I wouldn't buy it cause I build my own or buy cheaper AIOs or whatever". People who want 4K/5K AIOs of this calibre aren't swimming in options, and yes people do want things like that.

Maybe for one of the few times in a long time, Apple released something that is very competitively priced. Does anybody need a 5K panel? I'd say apart from graphics work and video editing, not entirely. But it's amazing we even have the choice in a product that isn't vapourware. I'd prefer having a 5K external display, God knows that won't happen till TB 1.3 is released.

I think my lack of understand comes if the horsepower is enough than i think for 99% of them 5k isn't necessary.  Maybe its just my perspective, I've only been in the healthcare and gaming tech world.  I know for investing a mult monitor set up would be better and you would want a xeon, with media creation being the same.  My only though is website development?  And if I walked in and I saw your team using iMac I would walk away and find someone using custom pcs with redhat, That may be just me though.  

any company using custom pcs with redhat are going to be pretty small companies or a really weird exception to the standard. i mainly see the imac being used for graphic design, audio engineering (studios, etc), photography and sometimes video (usually for smaller or individual uses). but there are some benefits to 5k that may matter to some people even with relatively mundane workloads. for instance if you're the kind of person who gets headaches from looking at screens for too long, the higher res and in particular crisper ui and text will make that issue much more bearable. 

You want to avoid the Xeon for anything bu Proffesinal level Video Post production. As it stand an i7 with quicksync happily beats down a 12 core Xeon at single pass h.264 video encoding.

So for a consumer and hobbyist the iMac makes sense for even 4K video.

It's main purpose I see is photography though. A single colour accurate 14+MP display where you can happily native edit an image without having to bounce between multiple displays ( which will never have 100% colour uniformity even after calibration), and have everything on a single screen with menus and options available. Add in illustrators, and graphics design, long with other art and it's a lovely machine.

Don't forget there is the option to add another 4K  or dual 2560x1440 displays if you want as well through Thunderbolt & Displayport.

For media creation the 5K iMac is a good system, especially since it handily beats the Base Mac Pro with dual FirePro D300s in lots of work bar OpenCL intensive work.

You have your preferences, and it;s clear from your ending lines, but so do others. We have to remember that not everyone has the same needs and wants, and what might suit you does not someone else.

As for upgrading and roll out in enterprise it's extremely easy. Buy new Macs, plug in Macs, connect new mac to old via Ethernet or Thunderbolt, click Migrate data and work, wait, and and when done remove old mac and continue working from where you left it on the previous machine.

Is it just the photo they have chosen or does the screen look really purple to you?

Why did they bother using a 4790K when you can't overclock? Couldn't they have used a 4790 instead and saved some money?

Yup that's the system I run at the moment. Before that I used a previous Mac Pro, and custom build Windows machine.

I kind of mentioned why i bought it previously, but to expand on that I want something powerful, and unobtrusive, and quiet. 

I do prefer OS X for everything, especially workflow and productivity, even gaming, but I happily boot to windows for Games there, and it being Unix is massive plus. Or it was when I still did more IT orientated things.

I would say I'm both tied to OS X, and use it simply because personally it's the best OS I've ever used for both productivity and casual use.

I primarily use Final Cut Pro, and do some Mac games testing so it's really best system I could get that fulfills my needs on all fronts. I was extremely skeptical of it at first, especially since I could happily upgrade my previous Mac's GPU to even a GTX 980 right now, but I wanted to take a chance on Thunderbolt, and Native USB 3 along with getting the FirePros for extremely cheap ( there's also SolidWorks done with it, along with other work).

On a side note, I would not have gotten this if I had a 12 core Classic Mac Pro. This is because I could have upgraded both 6 Core cpus to 3.33+Ghz ones for a faster CPU system. I didn't so eventually sold it for 1800 euro, after having originally gotten it for only 1850 before upgrading parts myself.

As it stands it happily handles everything I throw at it, and the only time I notice it is very late at night where you can here a silent hum from processing work at 100% CPU usage after hours at it.

Thuderbolt has been excellent as well, I have my monitor, docks, external RAIDs, and other enclosures connected through 3 ports. Everything has been tidied away, and I'm very happy with the result.

Even when gaming as a past time for myself, I have no issues at all. In Windows I have Crossfire support, while still having full FirePro features such at 10-bit colour, and ECC along with support. It seems AMD did a really good job on the cards.

The entire system is cool, and quiet, and as mentioned very unobtrusive. I just forget about, and get on with everything.

I do still have the bug to build and tinker with a new system, I always shall. I've been hankering for an X99 8 core triple to quad GPU system for a while now, but it won't let me do anything better, and Hackintoshing it is an extreme pain on the new platform with no guarntee it'll be 100% for everything I do. Maybe for my next build after the community irons out all the issues.

I did see what you put before but it still didn't make sense to me.  Last apple that I felt like I understood the was apple 2 I used in elementary school.  Ever since I've used Linux and Windows.  Thx its nice to get another perspective.  I've ask other people before and they said because they liked the look and I just smiled while my mind melted.

not him but i too have the trashcan pro. i got it cause it was the most powerful apple machine you can get, it can run 3 monitors (well 6, but i use 3), has plenty of io, and runs osx natively. if apple made a more powerful machine, thats the one i would get. osx to me is more valuable than the type of spec bump i could get going to a self built (the spec bump is significant, but once you're at mac pro level, how much higher do you need to go?) frankly the design is kinda baffling and personally i think apple is too stuck on small ( i mean come on its a desktop), but nevertheless its fast as hell and quiet as a mouse. the design is pretty cool and the size is almost too ridiculous to be believable, but neither of those things really matters to me all that much.

thx for the response too. very interesting. 

God, already some misinformation in this thread.

RAM isn't soldered. It's upgrade able to the 32GB max that the 4790k supports. Ditto with the HDDs.

The M295x might not be enough, but it's no slouch either especially when the iMac isn't pushing the full 5K and not really doing any work, which is how most computers spend their time unless you're a Professional of some sort.

Overpriced? God, this term has lost all meaning around here. 2500 is what Dell wants for just a 5K monitor, 2500 gets you a dual booting (even triple, for Linux use) computer in the iMac. Overpriced how?

There is a substantial difference between actually being overpriced and "I wouldn't buy it cause I build my own or buy cheaper AIOs or whatever". People who want 4K/5K AIOs of this calibre aren't swimming in options, and yes people do want things like that.

Maybe for one of the few times in a long time, Apple released something that is very competitively priced. Does anybody need a 5K panel? I'd say apart from graphics work and video editing, not entirely. But it's amazing we even have the choice in a product that isn't vapourware. I'd prefer having a 5K external display, God knows that won't happen till TB 1.3 is released.

overpriced doesn't mean the dell monitor isn't overpriced too. early adopter price