Advanced Warfare's UK week 1 sales beat Titanfall, Destiny & Wolfenstein combined

Aniallation

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare/news/call_of_duty_advanced_warfares_week_1_sales_beat_titanfall_destiny_and_wolfenstein_combined.html

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare/news/uk_video_game_chart_call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_blows_away_opposition_to_claim_no_1.html

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare/news/53_of_call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_sales_were_on_xbox.html

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare hit a week since it's been released, and (at least in the UK) it's sales beat Titanfall, Destiny, and Winfenstein combined.

53% of sales were on Xbox (360 and One), but PS4 still holds the best selling platform as an individual, at 35%.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare sold more copies during its first week on sale in the UK than Titanfall, Destiny and Wolfenstein: The New Order combined.

According to GfK Chart-Track, Advanced Warfare's week one sales came in at almost 14 per cent higher than the opening week sales of the three shooters combined, making it the UK's fifth fastest-selling Call of Duty title of all time.

While the four better-selling Call of Duty titles have not been named, they are presumably Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops and Black Ops 2. Advanced Warfare is said to have "convincingly" outsold last year's Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Exact sales figures for Advanced Warfare have not been publicly disclosed by either Activision or GfK Chart Track.

53 per cent of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's opening week sales were on Xbox One and Xbox 360, GfK Chart Track has revealed.

PS4 was actually the lead platform with 35 per cent of sales, but only slightly ahead of Xbox One at 32 per cent - a surprise given the lead PS4 has over Xbox One.

Xbox 360, meanwhile, took an impressive 21 per cent of sales, with PS3 managing only 11 per cent.

Advanced Warfare is only the fifth biggest launch for a Call of Duty game, but is still able to embarrass other chart-topping first-person shooters this year. The game's week one total beats the combined week one sales of Titanfall, Destiny and Wolfenstein by almost 14 per cent.

FIFA 15 moves down into second spot, removed from the top for the first time since its launch. SEGA's Football Manager 2015 is new at No.3, but quite a way back from FIFA, followed by Alien: Isolation which climbs up to fourth thanks to pretty heavy retailer discounting.

Destiny is also up one place to fifth, followed by Minecraft: PlayStation Edition, Skylanders: Trap Team, Sunset Overdrive, The Evil Within and Minecraft: Xbox Edition.

Source: UKIE Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track, (All Prices) Week 45, 2014

1. CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE 
2. FIFA 15 
3. FOOTBALL MANAGER 2015 
4. ALIEN: ISOLATION 
5. DESTINY 
6. MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION 
7. SKYLANDERS TRAP TEAM 
8. SUNSET OVERDRIVE 
9. THE EVIL WITHIN 
10. MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION 
11. FORZA HORIZON 2 
12. DISNEY INFINITY 2.0 
13. WWE 2K15 
14. MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR 
15. WATCH DOGS 
16. ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG 
17. SUPER SMASH BROS. 
18. LEGO THE HOBBIT 
19. TOMODACHI LIFE 
20. FROZEN: OLAF'S QUEST

"Rawr XD"

12 year old boys screaming at each other with tasteful British accents? yes pleas I'll take a ps4.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Fix title OP. Right now you are click baiting.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

With the amount of fan base the CoD franchise has this is not surprising... But the about of sells a game has does not mean it is good.

This needs to be in the topic title, otherwise it's practically click bait.

Fix title OP. Right now you are click baiting.

ffs there

"Rawr XD"

I'm bad at maths, but if I'm right that means the PC accounted for only 1% of sales? You'd expect it to be low as its not really a game for the PC crowd, but still.

I think that the pc sales figures were so low because most of us pc gamers were quite scared of a bad port because of Ghosts

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Advanced warfare is a pretty good game, so the sales aren't very surprising in general. But the competitive scene is on xbox, and xbox widely endorses the game, which is insane that the ps4 outsold it.

Call of Duty is engraved in people's minds as a console game. There are PC players out there that buy the console version because that's where they are used to playing.

Is this confirmed sales to customers, or to retailers?

Nobody ever releases confirmed sales.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Call of Duty is engraved in people's minds as a console game. There are PC players out there that buy the console version because that's where they are used to playing.

Nobody ever releases confirmed sales.

So....this is to retailers then?

Now it makes sense why so little of a percent is PC... hardly anyone gets the DVDs with steam codes in-store anymore.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

I NEED COD AW!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Wow. No mystery why developers don't give any cares about the PC port eh? Based on those sales figures we are lucky we even got a port...

Pfft, they make you believe you should buy an expensive GPU to run their games.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

COD #1... nothing interesting here

What IS interesting is that the Frozen game managed to make it into the top 20.... I mean,,, who the fuck is buying that

Wow. No mystery why developers don't give any cares about the PC port eh? Based on those sales figures we are lucky we even got a port...

Very true, probably because there is not a single advert for the PC version, its is barely ever mentioned.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So....this is to retailers then?

Yes, plus the digital sales.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Expected.. UK is all about Xbox + CoD + Fifa.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE