MSI GS70 Stealth

obligatory first

384gb ssd(s)....umm okay 

Could they have made that bezel any thicker...

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

obligatory last

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Maybe MSI should rethink their name for this laptop

AAAHHHH I WANT THAT DRAGON!!!!

But too bad I'm not getting a laptop any time this month :(

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

That red is so gaudy. The gold is even worse

MSI_GS60_Ghost-Gold_Photo05.png

Give me black anyway, thanks

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

take the black edition with 8gb ram put a ssd in it and you got the notebook i hoped for since the 900 series launched. what a sexy device!

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

I think it's an excellent looking laptop, one that actually seems comfortably portable.

I do think the bezels are a bit thick, but I don't understand the people complaining about it's color, there are standard black/silver options available..

I think its great looking, but no one needs that storage config! change that down to,say, a single 120gb (or even better, have it so you can order your desired amount of storage when you order it), and that could bump off at least 150. Raid 0 is also risky business, do you really want to run that risk and possibly lose everything?

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

Battery life benchmarks or even a mention of the approximate/rated battery life are a glaring omission.

I get that it's a 17'' gaming laptop, but it is still a laptop.

Wait, TN display? The MSI GS60 with the 860M Linus reviewed earlier this year was IPS! Considering you can get a Gigabyte P34G / Gigabyte P35W for cheaper, and still have an ultrathin laptop with an IPS panel, MSI really fucked up here.

Yeah, no thanks. When I saw the screen flex with opening and closing it set off an alarm in my head. 

And I'm not a big fan of the red.

Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 Asus X99-Deluxe | EVGA GTX 980 SC | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Platinum Series 760 | NZXT H440 White | Shimian 27" 2560x1440 | Ducky 9087 TKL | Logitech G9x | Audio-Technica ATH-M50 | Schiit Audio Modi DAC & Magni Amp

www.ethangriswold.com

I don't see how red is stealthy....

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

When doing laptop reviews, could you talk a little about the performance of the battery, especially when doing these ultra thin and portable laptops that you actually might want to use at school etc. without having it plugged in :) thank you

Linus, please next time when you use metrics to describe measurements of hardware/ other things, also use metrics for the weights. The 2.2 cm's / pounds combination made no sense to me as a European.

That laptop is crazy expensive though. I'd rather get a decent netbook and a kickass pc for that money.

You can't complain about color when the color is just an optional feature... in my opinion that blood red flaming is very attractive

Lack of IPS panel at that price point is just horrible.

I'll also leave this here.

http://youtu.be/s34Jm92jHTE

What on earth laughed my head through it  :lol:

Well played MSI well played 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Love the design but that bezel and TN panel is a deal breaking 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

got this laptop for the same price with a 765m cuz i got it early :(     any way i can upgrade?

Lol I always love how non seriously Linus takes product placement.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"stealth" appearently it's not related at all to being as invisible as possible, this thing litterly screams "HEY LOOK ME IM A FKING LAPTOP FOR GAMING" with that colour.

edit:

isn't it roughly just as thick as a razer blade?

yes, the blade is under 2.23cm(0.88inch) so i guess roughly just as thick.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.