Guild Wars 2 $20 (Yes, it is still a very active game)

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.buyguildwars2

Just wanted people to know about this game going on sale. I just bought it for $25 a few months ago and boy, this is one BIG game! So much you can do with tons of people always online!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

yeah I have this game, but don't really have time to play it, but it's great.

I guess I am just not into MMO's anymore.

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

What other game does this compare to?  I have looked at videos but have never played it.  Still thinking about buying it.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

is there a month fee to play this game??

According to the website there is no subscription fees.  Having not played it either please don't take my word for it.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Bought it when it went on sale a while ago. THIS GAME IS AMAZING. 

is there a month fee to play this game??

And no monthly fee!

Main Rig | Dell u3415w | Enthoo Evolv ATX - Intel i7 5930k - Corsair H110i GTX - ASUS X99-A - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB - WD Black 1TB - Corsair LPX 4x8GB - EVGA ACX 780 Ti |

Home Media Server | Fractal Design Node 304 - Intel 4770k - ASUS Z87I Deluxe - Kingston V300 120GB - 2x Western Digital Red 3TB - Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB |

Developer System | 2012 Apple Mac Mini - Intel i5 - 16GB - Samsung 840 250GB - 500GB |

Commuting Tech | 2015 Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" - Intel i5 - 8GB - 128GB | Apple iPad Air 16GB | iPhone 6 64GB |

If you think you have the slightest idea that you might want to play this game in the future, buy it now please. Take it from someone who payed $60 for the deluxe version haha.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

I might buy it

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Bought it and don't regret it yet... though i haven't played yet either :P

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

Bought it on release day, it's one of the best MMOs out there

some modest boosters and cosmetics can be bought with micro transcations, other than that its a one time buy and you play forever ;)

ridiculous amount of content, its a pretty swell game

I thoroughly enjoy the game, but keep in mind it is not really a PvE Raiding MMO. The game's draw is most likely from its server vs. server PvP and structured PvP.

So im playing Guild wars 2 for a while, it offers:

- A massive Open World with Living story , they adding contents every months. You will get continiously rewarded for discovering the world. there are dynamic events which spawn cause you and other players are in that location

-"MegaServer" people from each server will automaticly join the same overflow map, you will never be alone.

- A "wolrd vs world " World, where servers competete vs each other in massive fights

-A PvP Wolrd where everyone has the same abilites/ equip. it all depends on your own skill and the abilities you choose to use.

- no monthly fee. no pay2win. you can reach max lvl 80 within 2-3days.

-no grinding. you have easy access to the "max lvl equip". if you want to grind its because you want to customize or get that awesome looking dragon blade

-Wolrd Events, Wolrd bosses, Jumping puzzles, and all the other stuff you know from other MMORPG.

its a f*** joke this game costs only 20 bucks...oh and ye : the graphics are awesome

-The dynamic events are nice at first, but in the end they are all the same every time and people used to exploit that so they would go from boss to boss collecting stuff, they fixed it though.

-Your gear and lvl doesn't matter since everything it's equalized on every area, so if you go to a lvl 20 area being lvl 50, you will be lvl 20.

-Equalized lvl and gear for pvp even if you are lvl 1. Yeah, you don't even need to lvl up.

-End game is about who has the shinier sword, you literally get to lvl 80 and just grind materials to make costumes

You can basically pvp being lvl 1, since on the pvp area you will be lvl 80 with the best gear.

I mean, you must really like pvp to play this game. I bought it, made it to 80 in a few days, and quitted, i personally like an endgame where i can keep grinding usefull stuff, not cosmetics, and where my time grinding makes a difference between people that don't play that much.

GW2 is not dead, but yeah, it's not for everyone.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I played the original for 5 years and I bought the GW2 Collector's Edition on release. I stopped playing after a year and picked it up again a few months ago. One of the reasons I stopped playing is because the sheer amount of content is too much for me. I like to finish as much as I can in a game, and GW2 is just one of those games that is too much of an investment. If I was only playing this game I would have no complaints, but I have enough games in my backlog to play as is. 

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

I noticed their 50% off accounts and promos as soon as ArcheAge launched. It appears their trying to snag some of their competitors unsatisfied users.

A great deal if you're looking for an MMO to try.

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

I used to love MMOs and I really wanted to buy GW2....

Most of my friends bought it and have already stopped working. Makes me think if I can still play MMOs after so many... and also it's an action MMO which means you'll have to be actually good at it instead of just pressing hotkeys for your skills/spells.

I have The Secret World on Steam and I'm still level 5. Can't even touch it anymore because it's so boring (for me, at least), wonder if I'd be able to actually play more than 12 hours of Guild Wars 2.. :(

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I used to love MMOs and I really wanted to buy GW2....

Most of my friends bought it and have already stopped working. Makes me think if I can still play MMOs after so many... and also it's an action MMO which means you'll have to be actually good at it instead of just pressing hotkeys for your skills/spells.

I have The Secret World on Steam and I'm still level 5. Can't even touch it anymore because it's so boring (for me, at least), wonder if I'd be able to actually play more than 12 hours of Guild Wars 2.. :(

They do free trial periods occasionally, you could try waiting for one of those if you're unwilling to risk $20.

They do free trial periods occasionally, you could try waiting for one of those if you're unwilling to risk $20.

Before my buddies stopped playing they let me try a little bit of their maxed out characters. Sure it looks like a lotta fun but I don't know if I'd have the patience to grind to those levels and/or to become good at PvP... I'm just too good at FPS and DotA at the moment to focus on an MMO, even though I'd like to have the time and will to give them a try, once more. (I have played, at least, 20 different MMOs for over 8~9 years)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I have this game. No monthly fees which is good but I didnt really enjoy this game..not sure why. When me and my 3 friends that play are all on at once and we are together it's very enjoyable but playing by myself sometimes felt like a chore. 

Got about 1500h played in the game for the price its more than worth it. And its still very active and populated,no sub fee is a big bonus also.

"It is complete. I have created a god. But I have no control over it."" -Ergo Proxy

i honestly dont like gw2.. there is no monthly subscription, the story was pretty good and there is an okay amount of content (theyve added a bit more since i stopped playing), but i feel like there is no good end game, yea there is fractels, but that gets boring fast.  WvWvW is a lot of fun if you enjoy mass scale pvp, but other than that the game gets old fast.

but for $20 its worth getting i guess.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

So im playing Guild wars 2 for a while, it offers:

- A massive Open World with Living story , they adding contents every months. You will get continiously rewarded for discovering the world. there are dynamic events which spawn cause you and other players are in that location

-"MegaServer" people from each server will automaticly join the same overflow map, you will never be alone.

- A "wolrd vs world " World, where servers competete vs each other in massive fights

-A PvP Wolrd where everyone has the same abilites/ equip. it all depends on your own skill and the abilities you choose to use.

- no monthly fee. no pay2win. you can reach max lvl 80 within 2-3days.

-no grinding. you have easy access to the "max lvl equip". if you want to grind its because you want to customize or get that awesome looking dragon blade

-Wolrd Events, Wolrd bosses, Jumping puzzles, and all the other stuff you know from other MMORPG.

its a f*** joke this game costs only 20 bucks...oh and ye : the graphics are awesome

Lvl 80 in 2-3 days? I think you would be lucky to get 80 in a week from casual playing, it's not that easy :P.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

if anyone here is interested in a linus tech tips guild... I'd totally join that.

Does anyone know for how long this offer will be available? I couldn't find anything about it on the website.

Edit: nevermind, my phone just wasn't loading images properly...

Lvl 80 in 2-3 days? I think you would be lucky to get 80 in a week from casual playing, it's not that easy :P.

edge of the mist is they key  :)