Guild Wars 2 $20 (Yes, it is still a very active game)

And no monthly fee!

This might be the only reason I buy this rather than renewing my WoW account from years ago. I really don't feel like getting back into a game that costs me almost $180/year

//ccap

-The dynamic events are nice at first, but in the end they are all the same every time and people used to exploit that so they would go from boss to boss collecting stuff, they fixed it though.

-Your gear and lvl doesn't matter since everything it's equalized on every area, so if you go to a lvl 20 area being lvl 50, you will be lvl 20.

-Equalized lvl and gear for pvp even if you are lvl 1. Yeah, you don't even need to lvl up.

-End game is about who has the shinier sword, you literally get to lvl 80 and just grind materials to make costumes

You can basically pvp being lvl 1, since on the pvp area you will be lvl 80 with the best gear.

I mean, you must really like pvp to play this game. I bought it, made it to 80 in a few days, and quitted, i personally like an endgame where i can keep grinding usefull stuff, not cosmetics, and where my time grinding makes a difference between people that don't play that much.

GW2 is not dead, but yeah, it's not for everyone.

i thought i was the only one....

i came from l2 with thirst ,this game is so much freaking fun ,the gameplay is amazing 

but once you reach level 80 thats it! you only pvp (almost) 

even though it did not offer the end game and grinding i was hoping for ,i played 800 hours (i still don't regret buying it)

GW2 is fun, but it does lack a replay value. Back when I played, it also suffered from patches that would often nerf weak classes, and endlessly buff already powerful classes (looking at you, necromancer).

I spent $60 on it at release, and I enjoyed it for about a year and a half. Easily worth the $60, as it offered far more content than what a $60 console game would these days. For $20, I would say its easily worth the experience. Just take your time in leveling, do the world completion and appreciate the fun PVE side of it, before PVPing and getting bored of it immediately.

-MageTank

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

would you classify necro as strong or weak, your sentance is confusing, because they keep nerfing it to the ground and changing how it works. necro is considered the worst class for pve, and most people won't take it in dungeons.

I meant they kept getting stronger and stronger, in favor of other classes being nerfed repeatedly. As for being the worst in PVE, I disagree. The minion builds can make it super easy for a necro to solo event's that otherwise could not be done. As for not wanting a necro in a dungeon, I would have to say its because people often forget how useful necro's can be in certain scenario's. This is what a support necro looks like:

http://intothemists.com/guides/3694-necro_bunkersupport

Wells will apply protection for 3 seconds when they are cast, up to 5 targets. The wells will also convert conditions on allies into boons, and turn enemy boons into conditions (great for some of the instances, where bosses are constantly buffing themselves with insane stacks of might, this single skill can negate their buffs entirely). This build would also allow the necromancer to act as a constant condition healer, as the necromancer will constantly be removing a condition from nearby allies once every 3 seconds as long as they are in death shroud.

Granted, necromancers are often ignored in PVE because you really do not need their support, when you can bring a banner regeneration warrior, and a boon spamming guardian, or aura-elementalist to constantly keep the entire team buffed with regeneration and protection boons. Necro's offer their support in unconventional ways, by keeping the enemy unbuffed, forcing it to deal glancing blows (50% reduced damage dealt) and making it die quicker.

After looking over the previous patch, my statement about the strong classes being buffed and weaker classes being nerfed, is less true to an extent. Necromancers still received a buff, but they finally nerfed 2-handed warriors to a certain degree, forcing them to use more than one weapon to be sufficient in pvp. Rangers got a nice deserved buff, and elementalists gained some neat effects to their undesired skills, allowing more diversity in their builds. Such a patch would make me want to play again for sure.

The game is easily worth the $20, and hopefully a few people buy it. I know if you are a fan of casual MMO gaming, you will easily get your money's worth.

-MageTank

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.