Star Citizen creator: "I don't care about consoles"

I'll just leave this here:

And this is without motion capture,DX12/Mantle,PhysX,TressFX, and the half engine still being in development.
This would already crush consoles let alone when the full fledged game comes out.

RTX2070OC 

With how easy PCs are to build (or buy pre-built), and configure, and how long the console life-cycle is consoles are... unnecessary.

i disagree, i am a full fledged PC gamer and i only use that, but not everybody is ready to deal with having errors and just like having their games served to them. also i dont want annoying call of duty dummies on the PC! some also dont like mouse and keyboard and continue to argue the controls are bad even when i say you can use a controller.

My Steam Profile

Worth: $1004 ($416 with sales) - Games owned: 90

Games not played: 42 (47%) - Hours on record: 476.2h

fzuzso.png

Oh yeah, the hater had to chime in in the thread that was begging to be trolled from his perspective.

This is the type of guy that signs this petition: http://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v#news

The type that's willing to pay $379 for a console and $250-$350 on top of that for the ability to play online (it's a minimum $50 per year) but shoots down any PC's that costs even a $ more than the console...

When you navigate around the forum, pay close attention, you will see things like this:

lttoyso3.jpg

As for the rest of your anti PC drivel: 

735.gif

Now that that's taken care of, back on topic:

As long as they keep people updated like they did so far, I'm fine with any delays and changes that may occur. They obviously listen to feedback, mistakes made along the way can be rectified.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Oh yeah, the hater had to chime in in the thread that was begging to be trolled from his perspective.

This is the type of guy that signs this petition: http://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v#news

The type that's willing to pay $379 for a console and $250-$350 on top of that for the ability to play online (it's a minimum $50 per year) but shoots down any PC's that costs even a $ more than the console...

When you navigate around the forum, pay close attention, you will see things like this:

As for the rest of your anti PC drivel: 

Where did I critisise PC? I'm playing Dark Souls on my £1K rig right now, the best Dark Souls experience.

Where did I sign a petition like that? I'm very much looking forward to the PC port after I sold my PS3 version, and can't wait to play GTA: Online on PC.

Why are you embarassing yourself?

Me right now:

sigago.gif

Silly pleb.

You're a joke, a transparent one at this point. Barely a page ago you were threadcrapping a PC exclusive topic.

You really are an IDORT

1126.gif

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Nothing says awesome pc gameplay like INSURANCE payed with real money. Like irl insurance doesn't suck enough.

You guys should really actually look into the game before running your mouth... Insurance ISN'T bought with real money it's bought with in game UEC.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Understandable considering he wants to push this game as much as possible and consoles are meant to be cheaper alternatives to computer gaming.

Still, kinda sad for console players. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Careful, there are people in this thread right now getting ready to attack you.

Pretty funny because I was originally accused of being a console-only user that hated PCs and made petitions against PCs, but then when I go on to explain my PC, I'm a "douche" and an "idiot".

The shitposting is pretty embarassing. ComradeHX makes posts like this in other threads too, there was one a couple of days ago where almost a dozen people had to call him out and quiet him down because he kept throwing insults at people who have different purchase preferences than him.

I don't know man people just seems pissed at anyone who owns a console because devs (Ubisoft) make bad choices personally I prefer PC gaming but I own many many consoles and they're a lot better for some things like playing with my kids or passing a controller around as I said in another thread I play consoles if anything when I have more then say 2 other friends here.

I just don't think they should be compared directly to PC nor should they hold PC back but I can't hate on you for that. (unless you actually work for Ubi in which case die in fire lol)

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I hate consoles, but I'm forced to play them to play some games. They ruin the industry, platform exclusivity is retarded. You're forced to spend more money overall to play all the games you want to play, and once you do you're not allowed to choose how you want to play it. 30fps is soooooo horrible, it's borderline playable. Well it's actually not on a PC, but I'm forced to play at it on consoles.

Understandable considering he wants to push this game as much as possible and consoles are meant to be cheaper alternatives to computer gaming.

Why? They've got plenty of exclusives and not only that but entire (retarded) publishers like Ubisoft bending over backwards to make their console versions of multiplatform games competitive (by intentionally hurting the PC version but nevertheless) Why must we feed sad for console players when we've got exclusive title here not afraid to go overboard with the graphical detail and true potential of the PCs while we have dozens of exclusive console titles per year?

That's like feeling sorry for a rich kid cause there is 1 type of candy he couldn't buy: Fuck him he's got plenty already.

-------

Current Rig

-------

With 4k/8k textures the game will probably fill up 4GB vram in 1080p.

I guess that's why NV are bringing out 8GB cards.

AMD have prepared themselves, their 8GB 290X was on overclockers for a good while.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Not really, PC isn't a a walled garden. The path to console exclusives is steeper than the path to PC exclusives.

PC's are in many households already, if people want PC exclusives, upgrading a PC they already own is cheaper than buying a new console.

Especially since the upgrades for gaming also improve performance in other tasks PC is used for, it's not a dumb, one purpose box,

Why? They've got plenty of exclusives and not only that but entire (retarded) publishers like Ubisoft bending over backwards to make their console versions of multiplatform games competitive (by intentionally hurting the PC version but nevertheless) Why must we feed sad for console players when we've got 1 exclusive title here not afraid to go overboard with the graphical detail and true potential of the PCs while we have dozens of exclusive console titles per year?

That's like feeling sorry for a rich kid cause there is 1 type of candy he couldn't buy: Fuck him he's got plenty already.

No. The XB1 and PS4 have not been getting dozens of exclusives per year. Most have been ported to PC and only a few are exclusives. PC gets FAR more exclusives per year. Some are triple A and many are from indie devs (which I would argue is where some of the best games I've ever played come from). SC is not the only single game on the horizon (or already available) that pushes hardware. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

No. The XB1 and PS4 have not been getting dozens of exclusives per year. Most have been ported to PC and only a few are exclusives. PC gets FAR more exclusives per year. Some are triple A and many are from indie devs (which I would argue is where some of the best games I've ever played come from). SC is not the only single game on the horizon (or already available) that pushes hardware. 

Quality > Quantity

My #1 most hyped game right now is Bloodborne, and that's only on PS4.

yep... 8K is coming man  B)

R9 290 8GB and GTX 980 8GB

- - - - 

but we have cinematic consoles 900p@30fps, soo...

whoa-mind-blown.jpg

ITT, kids arguing cuz OH WOW, PC HAS A HIGHEND EXCLUSIVE. NOT FAIR :'(

almost-gave-a.gif

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

ITT, kids arguing cuz OH WOW, PC HAS A HIGHEND EXCLUSIVE. NOT FAIR :'(

I don't think a single person in this thread said that

Most people own both PC and console so they get the best of both worlds.

PC gaming crowdsourcing one of, if not the most ambitious project in gaming. ONLY IN PC GAMING

pcmryhsjp.jpg

yep... 8K is coming man  B)

R9 290 8GB and GTX 980 8GB

You think an R9 290 or a 980 will be able to power 8k because 8 gigs of Vram? Those cards aren't even close to having enough horsepower for that, I mean they barely do 4k at this point. 

Why? They've got plenty of exclusives and not only that but entire (retarded) publishers like Ubisoft bending over backwards to make their console versions of multiplatform games competitive (by intentionally hurting the PC version but nevertheless) Why must we feed sad for console players when we've got exclusive title here not afraid to go overboard with the graphical detail and true potential of the PCs while we have dozens of exclusive console titles per year?

Agreed. Except for that last part lol, idk what that's about but other then the part about the kid your spot on. 

Anyway, I am super excited for this game, and I am happy we have another dev that is catering to the PC other then cd project. 

Conceal your intentions

Good, I don't care about consoles that much either.

I love this. Plato's Allegory of the Cave but in the modern context of gaming! :)

PC gaming crowdsourcing one of, if not the most ambitious project in gaming. ONLY IN PC GAMING

pcmryhsjp.jpg

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless