Star Citizen creator: "I don't care about consoles"

^ Don't feed it people, do not feed it and it will go away.

SC is going places without a greedy publisher breathing down it's neck.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I like this guy.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

That image is funny - the all-around gamers going straight in and gathering gems, valuables and ores, while the PC-onlys are up top, just waiting...

#PCWaitingRace

Sure feels good being able to own a high-end PC, a WiiU and a PS4 and enjoy everything they all bring to the table. I feel sorry for people who can only afford one platform.

#PCandConsoleGodRace

That image is funny - the all-around gamers going straight in and gathering gems, valuables and ores, while the PC-onlys are up top, just waiting...

#PCWaitingRace

Sure feels good being able to own a high-end PC, a WiiU and a PS4 and enjoy everything they all bring to the table. I feel sorry for people who can only afford one platform.

#PCandConsoleGodRace

It's the way to go bud we're PC gamers/hardware enthusiasts not fanboys. Allowing us to play what ever system we like or which ever allows us personally to enjoy the games we want to play.

Yes PC is by orders of magnitude more powerful then a console and I prefer to play about 90% of my games on it. That doesn't mean I never have any use for a console and should hate everyone who owns one ffs. 

Now back on topic anyone get a Reclaimer? if so I'm so freaking jealous.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

#PCWaitingRace

#PCandConsoleGodRace

You are assuming people actually want to play those games.

Your feeble mind cannot comprehend that people make conscious decision about whether to wait for pc version(or simply never play a game) or buy potato.

You cannot comprehend the fact that people would think those 30fps 900p games you love so much are not worth wasting hundreds of $$$.

Then you attempt to present yourself as superior for owning console(newsflash: I have a Wii U in the living room, so do many other PC gamers) as if it's something to be bragging about.

PC Waiting Race; waiting for peasants to beta test it for us, so we don't get game-breaking bugs while getting better graphics and extra content.

---

I don't hate anyone; I just look down on peasants who chose to suck M$ and $ony's d*ck.  I don't feel sorry for them; they knowing chose peasantry.

Exclusives are cancerous to gaming community as a whole(they separate people into fanboy factions), and most of them have no reason to be exclusive other than the fact that one company wants to make more hardware sales.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

It's the way to go bud we're PC gamers/hardware enthusiasts not fanboys. Allowing us to play what ever system we like or which ever allows us personally to enjoy the games we want to play.

Yes PC is by orders of magnitude more powerful then a console and I prefer to play about 90% of my games on it. That doesn't mean I never have any use for a console and should hate everyone who owns one ffs. 

Now back on topic anyone get a Reclaimer? if so I'm so freaking jealous.

Yeah pretty much. My consoles are never going to replace my PC, but I couldn't go without the former at all. Too many excellent exclusives. Bloodborne, Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Zelda WiiU, The Order 1886, Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, Pikmin 3, that new Toad mining platformer, Wonderful 101, Resogun, WWE 2K15, Halo Masterchief Collection, Killer Instinct, etc.

I could go on. Feels great.

And I look down on you.

At this point, everyone knows you just go around shitposting every time there is a PC topic.

So what you think does not matter at all.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

At this point, everyone knows you just go around shitposting every time there is a PC topic.

cwkprd.png

cwkprd.png

430.jpg

Don't even bother bro. Just look at the thread and you'll see what I mean. He made a dozen posts in this Star CItizen thread already without actually discussing Star Citizen, not even once.

If you look at his post history, you will see him constantly moving goal posts, in one post he'll say he has a weak computer that can't run Counter Strike, in the next he'll claim he has a good gaming PC.

All his arguments constantly move and shift around to fit the agenda he is pursuing at any given moment. If you add it all up, he would have a dozen PC's but the truth, well, you can guess.

If you post a graph or an image as a valid argument in discussion, he'll ignore it, resort to hyperbole or straight up draw a delusional conclusion out of it.

The other day he insisted that people show him a PC that can run Shadow of Mordor at 1080/60fps at the same price as console while conveniently ignoring that Shadow of Mordor runs @30fps on consoles.

Here is the ultimate proof of the kind of toxic group he is from. PC gamers have never organized to create a petition against porting a game to console. And that's exactly what peasant did: http://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v#news

Now there is at least 12000 butthurt peasants out there (we can only guess the real numbers) raging at PC. Fact is, PC gamers have never stooped that low, busy enjoying games and all. But peasants did and that's how they earned the title peasant.

I've seen his kind before, maybe he read this and he is now very busy editing his older posts to in order to look less stupid.

He pretends to be a PC guy but can't follow through for long enough. Another member recently started a thread we all knew was BS news all along, the one about exclusives coming to PC. He got all busy to attack that guy because it would make his peasant box look less valuable.

I mean we all knew it was BS, the only way those exclusives  would come to PC is via emulators but it was funny to see him get so busy. Not like those exclusives mattered anyway, 30fps can stay where it came from.

Even the native consoles didn't get to play them the right way which would have looked like this: 

So why I am quoting you and writing a way too long of a post? 2 reasons, to alert others to exactly what they are dealing with and because I saw you care, you were genuinely trying to build a good machine on part picker for someone who never had the intention of buying one.

Don't waste your energy on it, you are better than that by far. Trust me, I have seen his kind before, it's a waste of time.

For like the 5th time, I attempt to return to the topic but it's difficult with so many interruptions. 

I can't wait til Cryengine gets into the 4.+ revisions, ideally they'll bring a hybrid temporal AA with less of a sharpness penalty.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

For like the 5th time, I attempt to return to the topic but it's difficult with so many interruptions. 

I can't wait til Cryengine gets into the 4.+ revisions, ideally they'll bring a hybrid temporal AA with less of a sharpness penalty.

Huh I never even realized it used the Cryengine I hope it doesn't have all the same issues for AMD cards(well drivers) that Mechwarrior Online has.....

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Huh I never even realized it used the Cryengine I hope it doesn't have all the same issues for AMD cards(well drivers) that Mechwarrior Online has.....

Yep and while there aren't that many recent games running on CE, my recent experiences tell me that the issues it had were specific to that game.

Ryse ran great on AMD hardware even before the patch that mostly helped out nvidia cards. 

LOL, get rekt console kiddies.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

What issues do AMD cards have with cryengine?

Crysis 3 was flawless in my experience.

What issues do AMD cards have with cryengine?

Crysis 3 was flawless in my experience.

Well in Mechwarrior Online(uses cryengine) AMD cards fail to even boot the game about 30-40% of the time they also boot with messed up colors about 85% of the times you're lucky enough to get the game to actually boot(Catalyst alerts you the color is screwed up) and the game crashes about every hour with some memory allocation error. That's based on personal experience testing a buddies R9 290 in my PC as well as many others reporting the same issue.

Quality > Quantity

Yes of course, too bad that these consoles can't even run many games well enough so that you'll be able to enjoy it. PS4 is better, GTA V on PS3 is a slideshow around 20-25fps.

Console exclusives exist and some of them are amazing, but I don't actually like the consoles them selves. They lock you down to a controller, 30fps (often lower than that) and 720p. They make you spend more money to play a few more games. They make you have to use more than one device to play your games.

Platform exclusivity poison the industry and console gaming is overall bad. There is no reason at all to go with a console instead of a PC (except if you were to play only one games that happens to be an exclusive). People give these advantages to console gaming but I don't believe in ANY of it. 

This guy is also (unfortunately) either retarded or getting paid to say this. "I've never once had a day where I've just turned on my PC, turned on game and have it work 100%." Facepalm. I thought he was cool before but apparently not. I felt sorry for him after seeing the video about him 15 years with Microsoft but he needs to stop the BS.

UBISOFT!? How is it down there in the hole? Have you reached bedrock yet?

Forget bedrock, they're going for the core's mantle.

I guess they misunderstood AMD's tech quite a bit there.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

in one post he'll say he has a weak computer that can't run Counter Strike. in the next he'll claim he has a good gaming PC

Awesome utter bullshit bro! Go ahead and quote where that happened.

I'll wait.

All his argments constantly move and shift around to fit the agenda he is pursuing at any given moment. If you add it all up, he would have a dozen PC's but the truth, well, you can guess.

Awesome utter bullshit bro! Go ahead and quote where that happened.

I'll wait.

The other day he insisted that people show him a PC that can run Shadow of Mordor at 1080/60fps at the same price as console while conveniently ignoring that Shadow of Mordor runs @30fps on consoles.

I already admitted I was mistaken and thought PS4 version ran at 60 frames per second, but nice try though!

Here is the ultimate proof of the kind of toxic group he is from. PC gamers have never organized to create a petition against porting a game to console. And that's exactly what peasant did: http://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v#news

Now there is at least 12000 butthurt peasants out there (we can only guess the real numbers) raging at PC. Fact is, PC gamers have never stooped that low, busy enjoying games and all. But peasants did and that's how they earned the title peasant.

Why do you keep bringing me up with some shitty petition? Holy shit, you are so mad it's unreal. Why would I not want to play a superior version of GTAV on PC?

Good job attacking an entire group of people who may have different purchase preferences than you, by the way. Apparently people that like to play and enjoy games from all platforms are 'toxic' and 'butthurt peasents'.

He got all busy to attack that guy because it would make his peasant box look less valuable.

You mean the same guy that purposely spent his own valuable time making some fake Tweets, then posting them here to try and troll and anger the forum users? Yeah that one.

Basically, my face right now:

znubdm.jpg

Needing to attack people just because they purchase different things than you do is just... wow. You need to calm down that obsession, friend!

Snip

GTAV on xbox 360 plays fine no jerking no noticeable drops bellow 30fps but it like every other GTA from 3 onward was better on xbox then ps(still not in the some league as pc clearly)

I completely agree with you on console exclusives and the price of games on console vs pc being higher just about every xbox360 game I own was $110au limited and legendary editions upto $210 but average about $150 now I've not spent more then $59 buying a game on pc game in god knows how long so if you're the type of person who wants to play more then a few games over the life of the console it ends up being more expensive not cheaper

As for that guy in the clip unless he means his never bought a game put the disc in and had it work without installing it and have it just default to the best settings for his rig, I have no idea what his talking about I have roughly 1tb of games currently installed on my pc out of that I want to say 3 actually required me to do something to make them work and that's because they're older games that don't work with windows 7 without a patch otherwise they all just work.

Yes of course, too bad that these consoles can't even run many games well enough so that you'll be able to enjoy it. PS4 is better, GTA V on PS3 is a slideshow around 20-25fps.

Console exclusives exist and some of them are amazing, but I don't actually like the consoles them selves. They lock you down to a controller, 30fps (often lower than that) and 720p. They make you spend more money to play a few more games. They make you have to use more than one device to play your games.

Platform exclusivity poison the industry and console gaming is overall bad. There is no reason at all to go with a console instead of a PC (except if you were to play only one games that happens to be an exclusive). People give these advantages to console gaming but I don't believe in ANY of it. 

This guy is also (unfortunately) either retarded or getting paid to say this. "I've never once had a day where I've just turned on my PC, turned on game and have it work 100%." Facepalm. I thought he was cool before but apparently not. I felt sorry for him after seeing the video about him 15 years with Microsoft but he needs to stop the BS.

I agree, all games are superior on PC, but unfortunately life's too short to boycott something because the games I love on it aren't on the platform I'd maybe like them to be. It's a shame, but there are just too many exclusives to just not ever play consoles, some of my favourite games of all time are console exclusive, such as Demon's Souls, the Zelda series, a couple of games out of the Resident Evil series, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

But hey, the dev doesn't have to care about consoles, he can make his game on whichever platform he likes if he feels it will be a better final product because of it, and it most definitely will be. I'm looking forward to playing it whether it's PC exclusive, WiiU exclusive, console exclusive, or even multiplatform across PC and consoles.

Understandable considering he wants to push this game as much as possible and consoles are meant to be cheaper alternatives to computer gaming.

Still, kinda sad for console players. :(

For about the same price as a console you can build a pretty capable pc that is much faster than consoles. ~$450  not including windows 

(let's not forget the extra costs of consoles (expensive games/live/psplus/propriety controllers))

PC gaming is cheaper, if you know how.

while Ubisoft just keeps on digging

at another panel chris roberts had a dig a ubisoft who was also on the stage ....

Its all about those volumetric clouds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ylEl8nAQ0

I really have no idea why Jerry would say that, he had to get paid... oh, this was before he got fired from MS?

Cos that is an utter bunch of garbage, I haven't had a single issue with my PC, my gaming experience has been identical to consoles. Maybe Jerry just doesn't know how to build a PC or how to install the OS correctly... or maybe working for MS kinda made him walk that corporate BS line.

But then again @LinusTech can't get Firefox to work... so maybe some people should stick with consoles.

EDIT: Identical in ease of use, but with way better graphics, etc. You know what I mean.

I really have no idea why Jerry would say that, he had to get paid... oh, this was before he got fired from MS?

Cos that is an utter bunch of garbage, I haven't had a single issue with my PC, my gaming experience has been identical to consoles. Maybe Jerry just doesn't know how to build a PC or how to install the OS correctly... or maybe working for MS kinda made him walk that corporate BS line.

But then again @LinusTech can't get Firefox to work... so maybe some people should stick with consoles.

EDIT: Identical in ease of use, but with way better graphics, etc. You know what I mean.

I honestly have no idea. He said that before he got laid of yes.,