Star Citizen creator: "I don't care about consoles"

This video is 100% spot on. Barnacules is so top tier, he is an actual gamer instead of fanboying over a certain platform. He's a great guy. I'm surprised with how little bias there was too with how he worked for Microsoft at the time.

Needing to attack people just because they purchase different things than you do is just... wow. You need to calm down that obsession, friend!

I'm not part of the group that made petitions against another platform.

I'm not the the one trolling a PC exclusive thread. You do know you made 10 posts in a Star Citizen thread without ever even mentioning the subject at hand. And you want to tell me about obsessions? Typical console peasant.

I'm not gonna waste any more time pointing  out your hypocrisy, you probably edited the posts anyway.

lttoyso3.jpg

Anyway, this is a nice article about the subject of this threadhttp://phys.org/news/2014-10-gamers-funding-fuels-meteoric-star.html

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Quality > Quantity

My point was PC has both quality and quantity.

The very small handful of exclusives on the current consoles, from what I can see, have been somewhat lacking. I watch a lot of reviews of those exclusive console games from many reputable reviewers and typically the end conclusion is that there's either a PC port in the works (which I can wait for and buy for less than half price) or there's just simply very little compelling aspects to said game(s) that make me want to play them (just my opinion/preference). And the simple fact that the majority of these exclusives on consoles only run at 30fps and sub 900p resolutions just turns me right off. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to pay $400 + $60 for a [decent] game + another $50 per year just to play a game at 900p and 30fps. No thanks. And no, I'm not missing anything because there's a mountain of amazing indie and triple A games ranging across a vast variety of genres and many with excellent quality because the devs were allowed to make the games exactly the way they wanted it to be, on PC.

I don't hate the consoles, themselves and it's not entirely about the hardware. There's so much more to it than that. I hate the BS marketing and false information/advertising and the fact that they're pressuring devs into holding back the PC versions of their games. It's harmful to PC gaming and that is why I have distaste for the consoles, in general. If they simply stopped comparing and trying to compete with PC gaming and focused on selling the games based on the merits of the games themselves and not the resolution/frame rate, leaving the devs free to "unlock" the PC versions all they want, I would have no problem with that and no distaste for the consoles. I still wouldn't buy one, but at least they would not be harming and holding back my preferred gaming platform experience.

------

Getting back on topic... The reason Chris Roberts doesn't care about the consoles is because they simply don't have the hardware to run it and he wants this game to push high-end hardware and explore new possibilities like no other game before it. To make it playable on console would require dumbing it down so much, it would defeat the purpose. I mean why would anyone want to support a platform that is holding back the very platform you're trying to push/advance with said game? It's totally understandable why he doesn't care about consoles and it shouldn't be taken personally.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I'm not part of the group that made petitions against another platform.

Nice generalising. I'm really taking you seriously right now-- oh wait.

You do know you made 10 posts in a Star Citizen thread without ever even mentioning the subject at hand

So discussing a developer's opinion on consoles by discussing consoles is off-topic? lmao, okay.

Typical console peasant.

Oh look, more insults to people who prefer PC gaming but enjoy consoles too.

you probably edited the posts anyway

And, oh look, he knew he was talking bullshit so he instead accused me of editing my posts. I'm still waiting for you quote me, btw.

So Star Citizen isn't coming to the SNES? Damn and blast. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

make a petition

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

-snip-

This guy is also (unfortunately) either retarded or getting paid to say this. "I've never once had a day where I've just turned on my PC, turned on game and have it work 100%." Facepalm. I thought he was cool before but apparently not. I felt sorry for him after seeing the video about him 15 years with Microsoft but he needs to stop the BS.

Definitely odd to see him say something like that. There are some people who do run into more problems than others when it comes to PC gaming and he might be one of them. But for the most part, I think the majority of PC gamers would say their PCs are very reliable/stable and can simply turn on a game and have it work 100%.

I can honestly say, the only game that ever gave me any trouble (since I built my PC just over a year ago) is Skyrim and it's because I added a boat-load of mods. And I can also say it was well worth the time and effort to get it running with the mods. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Why would he, when he can just sell 300$ spaceships, that can get destroyed after a couple of months. I don't understand, why people are paying so much for this game, especially considering, your ship can go up in flames, so you have to buy a new one (wtf).

If u buy something that expensive or for a fact if u buy anything in real or virtual life, u put a value on it and therefore you care much more about it. It makes the game more serious and changes it from "lets troll" to "this is my life, i play at 100%". The experience is uncomparable.

Its like playing poker on facebook and playing for real money. Not to mention that Star Wars has incredibly massive fan base. Game's potential is unimaginable atm :)

It is also supporting VR headsets. What a genius conbination.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Nice generalising. I'm really taking you seriously right now-- oh wait.

So discussing a developer's opinion on consoles by discussing consoles is off-topic? lmao, okay.

Oh look, more insults to people who prefer PC gaming but enjoy consoles too.

And, oh look, he knew he was talking bullshit so he instead accused me of editing my posts. I'm still waiting for you quote me, btw.

You should make another anti PC petition, isn't it that time of the year for peasants to go into rage mode...

I'm not wasting time on looking for your nonsense. EDIT: But others did, thanks for the link bro but not sure he was worth the effort.

I'm told you made this post in consoles hitting the performance wall thread:

For example, four months ago I had nothing but a shitty laptop that couldn't even run Counter Strike.

Couldn't run counter strike until 4 months ago but you were always gaming on a PC? #PCWaitingRace for real, you've been waiting for a PC a really long time then.

This is all you get, straight from the PC section of the forum:

lttoyso3.jpg

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Can everyone stop with the fucking bickering and get back on topic? 

We don't need dick measuring contests here. 

John Cleese avatar? John Cleese avatar! 

I would love to see a Ubisoft downgrade explanation in his style:

Couldn't run counter strike until 4 months ago but you were always gaming on a PC? #PCWaitingRace for real, you've been waiting for a PC a really long time then.

Now tell me where I said that was my first laptop/computer, and where I said I had never owned a gaming rig before that. Go on, I'll wait again. Also, nice job proving yourself wrong: your original statement was "If you add it all up, he would have a dozen PC's" even though you clearly just acklowedged that there was four months apart. Also, apparently 1 laptop + 1 PC = a dozen PCs.

You should make another anti PC petition, isn't it that time of the year for peasants to go into rage mode...

What would I need to make an anti-PC petition for? I'm using my very PC right as we speak. :)

Definitely odd to see him say something like that. There are some people who do run into more problems than others when it comes to PC gaming and he might be one of them. But for the most part, I think the majority of PC gamers would say their PCs are very reliable/stable and can simply turn on a game and have it work 100%.

I can honestly say, the only game that ever gave me any trouble (since I built my PC just over a year ago) is Skyrim and it's because I added a boat-load of mods. And I can also say it was well worth the time and effort to get it running with the mods. ;)

I guess it really depends on the game.

Dark Souls, which I'm playing right now as we speak, is pretty unplayable straight out of Steam, you have to apply a few fixes and edit some config files. Once you've done that though it's fine - until you find out the game is unplayable at 60 fps due to how they designed the game and you have to lock it to 30 fps anyway.

If u buy something that expensive or for a fact if u buy anything in real or virtual life, u put a value on it and therefore you care much more about it. It makes the game more serious and changes it from "lets troll" to "this is my life, i play at 100%". The experience is uncomparable.

Its like playing poker on facebook and playing for real money. Not to mention that Star Wars has incredibly massive fan base. Game's potential is unimaginable atm :)

It is also supporting VR headsets. What a genius conbination.

This game sounds more and more like EVE Online, lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25944837

Now tell me where I said that was my first laptop/computer, and where I said I had never owned a gaming rig before that. Go on, I'll wait again. Also, nice job proving yourself wrong: your original statement was "If you add it all up, he would have a dozen PC's" even though you clearly just acklowedged that there was four months apart. Also, apparently 1 laptop + 1 PC = a dozen PCs.

What would I need to make an anti-PC petition for? I'm using my very PC right as we speak. :)

1400084863723.jpg

lttoyso3.jpg

This video is 100% spot on. Barnacules is so top tier, he is an actual gamer instead of fanboying over a certain platform. He's a great guy. I'm surprised with how little bias there was too with how he worked for Microsoft at the time.

Pfffft "I've never once turned on my PC, turned on a game and just have it work". And then he goes on saying how you need to spend 500-1000$ on your graphics card. He also Said in that video that PSN was free. He's either retarded or is getting paid.

Pfffft "I've never once turned on my PC, turned on a game and just have it work". And then he goes on saying how you need to spend 500-1000$ on your graphics card. He also Said in that video that PSN was free. He's either retarded or is getting paid.

In his defence he corrected that claim in the description and admitted he was exaggerating.

PSN is free.

In his defence he corrected that claim in the description and admitted he was exaggerating.

PSN is free.

No it's not, not of you wanna play online. Defend him and consoles all you want, Both of you look like fools.

I guess it really depends on the game.

Dark Souls, which I'm playing right now as we speak, is pretty unplayable straight out of Steam, you have to apply a few fixes and edit some config files. Once you've done that though it's fine - until you find out the game is unplayable at 60 fps due to how they designed the game and you have to lock it to 30 fps anyway.

For sure. I finished Dark Souls (with the applied fixes) just before DS2 came out. DS stands on it's own as a very unique game and IMO, is one of those that is good enough to sell itself based on it's merits, despite the locked 30fps limitation. This the one and only game I was able to stomach at 30fps on PC. But once I started playing DS2 at 60fps and then went back to play DS on a 2nd run through, I simply couldn't stand how choppy it was at 30. Call it personal preference, I know the game is great, but the experience is just poisoned by the lower frame rate.

If you haven't played DS2 yet, then definitely finish DS first. It's an awesome game and will test your patience (and nerves)...lol. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

not of you wanna play online

PSN is free. PSN+ costs money. Playstation Network itself is a free service.

I could be wrong, but wasn't he comparing 360/PS3 when he said that? I seem to recall he compared the online experience of both Xbox Live and PSN last-gen and said that PSN was free but you got what you paid for. I could be wrong, just going off memory.

For sure. I finished Dark Souls (with the applied fixes) just before DS2 came out. DS stands on it's own as a very unique game and IMO, is one of those that is good enough to sell itself based on it's merits, despite the locked 30fps limitation. This the one and only game I was able to stomach at 30fps on PC. But once I started playing DS2 at 60fps and then went back to play DS on a 2nd run through, I simply couldn't stand how choppy it was at 30. Call it personal preference, I know the game is great, but the experience is just poisoned by the lower frame rate.

If you haven't played DS2 yet, then definitely finish DS first. It's an awesome game and will test your patience (and nerves)...lol. ;)

I've beaten all three games, I'm a huge fan of the series. I have to say Dark Souls II was a big disappointment to me, it lost a lot of it's soul (excuse the pun) that the other two games had.

This guy sums it up for me:

Still a great game though. I'm now incredibly hyped for Bloodborne atm. Would be nice if it was on PC. Currently playing through Dark Souls I again as we speak, doing a strength PvP build. Yeah the 30 fps cap sucks but as you said, I can stomach it for such an excellent game.

tuyhmf.png

I know "gg master-race and all that"... but thats just plain bad marketing, He will regret that.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I know "gg master-race and all that"... but thats just plain bad marketing, He will regret that.

Why should he?

The game is not coming to consoles and it has no publisher nor private investors that could get mad at this.

And PC gamer's are probably happy about this statement especially after all the 30fps cinematic talk Ubisoft has done.

RTX2070OC 

Why should he?

The game is not coming to consoles and it has no publisher nor private investors that could get mad at this.

And PC gamer's are probably happy about this statement especially after all the shit talk Ubisoft has done.

But id imagine he isn't going to be a one hit wonder. Id imagine he wants/has ideas for other games that perhaps could come out on console as well. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

But id imagine he isn't going to be a one hit wonder. Id imagine he wants/has ideas for other games that perhaps could come out on console as well. 

The game is supposed to be a long living universe similar to eve online and most things after the 39million stretch goal are planned after the release in 2016.

That means they'll work on the game till at least 2017-2018 and after that they'll do it probably WoW style and release huge expansion packs.

By the time they're done with Star Citizen nobody will care about that statement.

RTX2070OC 

Been reading the forums for a while and felt compelled to actually make an account just to post this...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

yep, he's really regretting getting 626,000 USD in funds on Nov 1, you know, the day after he said that.