Is water cooling ram ,Motherboard and hdd's worth it.

Hey Linus community I am going to be making. Custom water cooled loop and I was warring if I really need to water cool my ram, motherboard and hdd's.

Here's the list of parts I will get

By the way I am from Australia.

Thanks

Wolffangs147

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

no and no

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

" List of parts". That spotify link xD

At any rate watercooling RAM and HDD's is not worth it at all.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Nope and even more nope

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

thats an actual website

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

No, it doesn't make any sense. Passive cooling is more than enough in most cases.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

@ , Unless your making a "show" piece, not really. There is no real temp gain on those parts.

It's more pure wank factor / epeen than anything.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Are watercooled HDDs even a thing? No to all of them.

They are.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

no and no

" List of parts". That spotify link xD

At any rate watercooling RAM and HDD's is not worth it at all.

Not even.

Nope and even more nope

No, it doesn't make any sense. Passive cooling is more than enough in most cases.

Soz everyone link didn't work came up with spotify instead?

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

Hey Linus community I am going to be making. Custom water cooled loop and I was warring if I really need to water cool my ram, motherboard and hdd's.

Thanks

Wolffangs147

Nope, none of them of those components are worth cooling.

Only one I'd do besides the CPU and GPU(s) is the motherboard.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

The motherboard, it depends on the environment and your case cooling. I have no experience with newer motherboards, but with my P8P67 WS and Z77 Extreme 4 I have ran into issues with overheating mosfets, which watercooling could fix (then again, a fan could probably fix it too if I had a fan pointed at them specifically).

RAM- It does not matter. Even on basic air cooling without a hearsink, DDR3 is fine north of 1.8V. Only reason to cool it is if ytou are going for a world record RAM OC.

HDDs, they stay cool anyway. Just pass some air over them and they will be fine (even this is unecessary unless you have 3+ HDDs stacked).

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Thanks

Wolffangs147

I water cooled my FX 9590 on a Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. Before I watercooled it I noticed my northbridge was running warm/hot because of the amount of voltage running through the vrms. At one point i had to wedge a fan over the vrms to keep them cool. If i wasnt running a 9590 or heavily overclocked 8350 I wouldnt worry about watercooling the vrms.

Even if your running a overclocked intel, the cooling effectiveness of air cooled motherboard is pretty good. If the motherboard has built in watercooling then you can use it, if it doesnt complicate your water loop.  

Ram doesnt need cooling, it doesnt get hot enough to slow down performance, same with HHDs. Both are fine with a fan blowing some air over them.

Hope this helps.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2