New cat in the house

TheMagDude

Hello forum,

We have just gotten a cat, his name is Polo, he is cute.

But i have concerns, will he chew on my wires, scract anything

I dont think all cats are the same but, any general cat tips for a pcgamer,

We have had a dog for a couple of years now, and she dosnt do anything to my cable so she is of  no concerns!

Many thanks!

• My System: MSI Z87-GD65 - CPU: I7 4770K OC 4.0 GHZ I7 4770 (3.9 GHz), Antec 620 watercooler - GTX 760 2GB/OC (MSI TwinFrozr IV) - 16 GB Kingston 2133 - 750w Energon - Zalman Z11+ HF1 - Storeage: 2x120 GB EVO 840, 3 TB Seagate Display: Asus 27" VE276Q | Planned upgrades: Gamdias Hermes ultimate, HyperX Cloud, MSI AMD R9 290x, 2x120 HyperX (Linux boot drives)

• Pedro19reddit: "A good console exclusive is like a Ferrari that can only be driven on a swamp." SlickPc "i couldn't even under-clock my 5 year old GFX card to be as slow as a "Next-gen" console #PcMasterRaceProblems

can you post some pics of the little kitty please  :rolleyes:

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

very good for emergency food in case you cant leave your computer for a few days during a big EVE online war

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Some cats like to sit on top of pc cases. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I love how this is a tech forum but somehow you get a lot of questions about cats here... :/

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Yeah, cats aren't as EAT THIS EAT THAT as dogs are. Just put a fence around your computer stuff (cardboard works too) and get rid of it once the cat decides it isn't worth it's time.

Also, if you have top IO, make sure you cover that with cardboard too because cats will sit all over that sh*t.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Best bet is to have lots of items for the cat itself and infuse it with catnip. LOL. seriously. But All cats need to scratch. It helps sharpen their claws as well as make room for new growth. But as long as he has something that he can scratch he should leave most stuff alone. 

If your case is configured for top-exhaust the cat will treat your rig as a $1.5K cat warmer.

Protip for owning a cat and being a PC gamer. Do NOT have a case with a top mounted power/reset button. That is literally the worst place to put one.

pictures to go Aww to?

<----

Also for the cat

*woof*

*wooof woof arf*

*grr woof arf woooofffarg*

*wood arf bark*

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

UB7DcCS.gif

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10090-1387487398-4.

Please stop.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-10694-1387488002-11

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6863-1387487310-6.g

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10129-1387487366-12

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8349-1387488072-18.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19915-1387487685-9.

K, im done, bye!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18288-1387491654-6.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

L62vUk2.gif

5qfF77G.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

My cat never touches the wires... he is also 13 years old so I guess he is not that mindless but if you're worried you should just put up a barricade if he does show interest in them.

Edit: Buy something it can scratch in. I got a carpet type thing in a rough material that it can scratch in, that way you avoid that it scratches in other stuff.

Edit2: Endu en Dansker!

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!