Noctua unveil the 65mm L-Type low profile cooler

Author: Ryan Martin (eTeknix)

If the Noctua NH-L9 series of CPU coolers was just too small for your needs at 37mm then you’re in luck because Noctua are releasing essentially what is a bigger version for those people where space is still an issue but you’d got a bit more room than 37mm and would like a bit more performance as a result. At Computex Noctua have showed us the 65mm low profile L-Type CPU cooler which is just 65mm high. It is 95mm by 95mm wide and so offers 100% RAM Compatibility and PCI Express card compatibility on mini-ITX motherboards.

It is great that Noctua have foreseen the main use of their product as they design it to ensure compatibility. The include fan is a NF-A9x14 PWM fan. Noctua did not announce a release date as this design is still a prototype but hopefully we will be seeing it soon because with Haswell mini-ITX is only going to get more popular.

noctua_65mm_ltype.jpg

Source: http://www.eteknix.com/computex-noctua-unveil-65mm-l-type-low-profile-cooler/

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Noctua, please, colors!

The only reason why I will no be using noctua NF-12 in my next build is the impossiblity to find find matching RAM, video card and a case. :/

Thats their brand though. I still like the look of them in the corsair C70 or and military builds. They want people to know and see that people use their fans. As soon as you see those colours then you  know its Noctua. I don't think they will change.

That heat sink looks really clean. Also the color has grown on me.

Thats their brand though. I still like the look of them in the corsair C70 or and military builds. They want people to know and see that people use their fans. As soon as you see those colours then you  know its Noctua. I don't think they will change.

yeah once someone sees those colors they know ist a noctua fan.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

This will be a great cooling solution for mITX boards. Imagine this low profile cooler + the awesome OC capabilities of the new Asus Maximus VI Impact + A Silverstone FT03-Mini + An Asus Direct CU II Mini Graphics Card. Nerdgasm!

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).

Noctua, please, colors!

The only reason why I will no be using noctua NF-12 in my next build is the impossiblity to find find matching RAM, video card and a case. :/

Stop bitching, cappuchino is their branding, that's what it'll be, you're never going to change that. If it bothers you so much, get fans from the second-bests, Phantek or Be Quiet!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well, since most mITX cases today doesn't have a windowed side panel in them. Colors and Aesthetics really doesn't matter, right? I personally like Noctua's color scheme because it's so easy to distinguish them from other brands. You could always get this if you really don't like the color scheme of the fans. This really isn't for mITX boards like this one but check this Noctua product out and you'll probably change your mind. :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/23515-noctua-display-rotosub-active-noise-cancellation-cpu-cooler/

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

Stop bitching, cappuchino is their branding, that's what it'll be, you're never going to change that. If it bothers you so much, get fans from the second-bests, Phantek or Be Quiet!

noctua_industrial_fans.jpg

Noctua, please, colors!

noctua_industrial_fans.jpg

NO! WHY PROTOTYPES?! RETAIL NOW!!!

NO! WHY PROTOTYPES?! RETAIL NOW!!!

I think they won't be selling those anytime soon, though. Since those are industrial fans.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

I wouldn't call those second bests, they (and other companies like Noiseblockers and Corsair) have offerings which are just as good or better in performance and/or noise.

I wouldn't call those second bests, they (and other companies like Noiseblockers and Corsair) have offerings which are just as good or better in performance and/or noise.

Those are better in one of the two, not both. As for Noiseblocker/ Corsair, they're what I like to call third tier.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That Norwegian Guy, on 06 Jun 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

Those are better in one of the two, not both. As for Noiseblocker/ Corsair, they're what I like to call third tier.

How are corsair's fans third tier when, for example, an SP120 can provide higher CFM at any given dBa level or vice versa compared to a Noctua NF-F12 PWM. Don't get me wrong, Noctua products are great and probably the safest choice without doing much research but they are also a bit overrated.

How are corsair's fans third tier when, for example, an SP120 can provide higher CFM

Price-to-performance and noise ratios. Simples.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to revive such an old post, but does anyone have an idea when this is being released? D:

Still waiting for that new NH-D14, which I'm guessing will be called NH-D15. Though it's neat that noctua is always expanding their heatsink lineup, I'm just wanting to get a balling air cooler.

Posted Image

those be the server fans and being one who has inquired on them most of the people on this forum will probably be looking at their value oriented line instead especially since many people think their fans are too much already.

I think they won't be selling those anytime soon, though. Since those are industrial fans.

Q1 2014 at the earliest plus there is tbe price...

Noiseblockers newest model is quite good actually though they dont habe a preassure optimized fan as far as I can tell. As for corsair theor fans arnt bad but you can get a better fan at the same price in many cases or the same far for cheaper. Their selling their branding and their swappable rings.

How are corsair's fans third tier when, for example, an SP120 can provide higher CFM at any given dBa level or vice versa compared to a Noctua NF-F12 PWM. Don't get me wrong, Noctua products are great and probably the safest choice without doing much research but they are also a bit overrated.

you shouldnt be focusing on CFM for a preassure optimised fan like the NF-F12. Also everyone that says noctua fans are overated either isnt using the correct noctua fan for the job or has a job that a noctua fan has not yet been designed for.

yeah once someone sees those colors they know ist a noctua fan.

Branding doesn't have to be butt ugly. Can you not tell Corsair fans when you see them, Bitfenix or even Enermax? Do you not recognize any of these: 

9311606d6ff1b9159b3ad0ed08e71785.image.861ff9196b49d055efff2931feded646d.image.8

76535fbe689722b415c9eaa8d3ef6e29.image.8c90b7d01d4bd0d448ba69eee6e8661cd.image.85e478c33bf57286e9e7b8b5453c3f34a.image.8

d3e763cd6d8a48f0da69ded10e59174d.image.160004ae2328178cb2bfd73565a10bf45.image.8

The brand is easily distinguishable and it's not because they're putrid to look at.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Branding doesn't have to be butt ugly. Can you not tell Corsair fans when you see them, Bitfenix or even Enermax? Do you not recognize any of these:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The brand is easily distinguishable and it's not because they're putrid to look at.

actually I only recognize the corsairs because their silently pushed on a fair bit a of tech sites I watch and read. Other that that without going off the logo I wouldnt have a clue for the others.

Also they have their branding and its been that way for some time now just look at their site everything is around that. Their not just going to up and change, especially since it seems to to be doing a fine job.

Branding doesn't have to be butt ugly. Can you not tell Corsair fans when you see them, Bitfenix or even Enermax? Do you not recognize any of these: 

9311606d6ff1b9159b3ad0ed08e71785.image.861ff9196b49d055efff2931feded646d.image.8

76535fbe689722b415c9eaa8d3ef6e29.image.8c90b7d01d4bd0d448ba69eee6e8661cd.image.85e478c33bf57286e9e7b8b5453c3f34a.image.8

d3e763cd6d8a48f0da69ded10e59174d.image.160004ae2328178cb2bfd73565a10bf45.image.8

I agree, noctua fans are fugly. It doesn't have to be function or form, it can be both. I would have noctuas if they weren't brown.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

actually I only recognize the corsairs because their silently pushed on a fair bit a of tech sites I watch and read. Other that that without going off the logo I wouldnt have a clue for the others.

Also they have their branding and its been that way for some time now just look at their site everything is around that. Their not just going to up and change, especially since it seems to to be doing a fine job.

Okay well we will agree that Corsair fans have achieved visual branding just like Noctua, only they aren't stupid colours. So why can't Noctua do the same? And it's not doing a fine job really. It seems like the majority of people would buy their fans if they weren't ugly. They are losing a lot of potential customers because of their "branding".

They cater to enthusiast, most enthusiast care for aesthetics, their marketing is flawed.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Okay well we will agree that Corsair fans have achieved visual branding just like Noctua, only they aren't stupid colours. So why can't Noctua do the same? And it's not doing a fine job really. It seems like the majority of people would buy their fans if they weren't ugly. They are losing a lot of potential customers because of their "branding".

They cater to enthusiast, most enthusiast care for aesthetics, their marketing is flawed.

^This, so many times this

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299