Noctua unveil the 65mm L-Type low profile cooler

dont they already have a nice low profile heatsink why another?

As said it's bigger and will perform better while still offering lots of compatibility.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Noctua, please, colors!

The only reason why I will no be using noctua NF-12 in my next build is the impossiblity to find find matching RAM, video card and a case. :/

Or get NoiseBlocker fans.

I want Noctua to release a 1U-compatible CPU cooler (~30mm) that can handle server processors without spinning as fast as the Dynatron coolers that are in most servers.

Can this please happen?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I have an NH-L9i and it's effectively a stock cooler but square and absolutely silent (I really mean that, can't hear it at full load without the low noise adapter). I wish I had known about this so I could've waited for it.  :(

As said it's bigger and will perform better while still offering lots of compatibility.

eh i prefer the look of there other one i like the lower profile instead of this brick like thing.

Okay well we will agree that Corsair fans have achieved visual branding just like Noctua, only they aren't stupid colours. So why can't Noctua do the same? And it's not doing a fine job really. It seems like the majority of people would buy their fans if they weren't ugly. They are losing a lot of potential customers because of their "branding".

They cater to enthusiast, most enthusiast care for aesthetics, their marketing is flawed.

Well they could have maybe initially but not anymore because just changing your brandimg without a big shift in your product line would be a marketing nightmare. Also changing the color of all their fans would take considerable effort with questionable gain. I mean you might just want to send them an email asking them why they choose those colors and ask them why they havnt changed because everyone think their ugly. Theyll will respond and rather quickly too most likely or at least thats the experience I have had with they every time I have sent them an email.

Like I said the only reason I know about carsairs fans is because of all the marketing they have done. Comparatively in the US at least I done think I have even seen and ad or other marketing about them and linus uses them necause her just generally likes them himself. Also most of the reviews on site that I read acutually focused on their coolers (which are quite nice) not the fans.

I also think your over estimating the number of people that think they are ugly or even care about astethics for the most part. Surpriseing enough their is a good bit of builders out there that wont compromise performance or cost in some way just to get it looking nicer. For the most part the only people that did this in the past were those that did full on custom modded builds. Also those kind of people dont wait for a company to make a fan in the color they want. They take the fan they want and make it the color they want or hide it im some way that you wouldnt even know there was a fan there.

This might hurt your feelings but the making your pc pretty thing started up when pc gaming started gaining traction again and sandy bridge came out which was super easy to get a fairly high oc. A different kind of person started building their own pc because it was cheaper, cooler, and they could show it off to their friends. Shortly after this is about when company's started putting out cookie cutter matching parts and corsair was leading the charge. The first move they did was make their ram available in different colors for the same part which they had never done in the past. I also bet that the ROG boards started selling far more because more people started buying them because they were the best gaming and ocing board. You used to only pick those up if your hobby was ocing or you had money to blow. I really think the bar to call yourself and enthusiast has been lowered considerably and now means a different thing than it did in the past with respect to the pc building community. You may be surprised at this but people used to throw themselves together a pc gaming rig without really calling themselves enthusiasts. They did it because it was far cheaper than going boutique and you had much better options than say Dell. The othe thing they might do is have a friend build one for they or at least pick out parts. I have actually done this for a number of people to this day none of which consider theyselves a enthusiast.

Now im not saying thats you shouldn't want to make your rig look good. What I am saying though is that its far better to put money into parts that are better or less expensive that do the same job then to put money into prettying up your rig. I may think this way because when I started out out even cable management was just tye wrap loops on the inside of the case and a matching meant considerable modding and thus time. I also couldnt care what my keyboard and mouse look like for the most part as long as they feel good and are robust they could all be beige. This is contrary to many people I see on the forum who match the backlighting on their pc to their keyboard and mouse and even in some cases ambient backlighting behind their monitor that is something other than white, which is what it should be to do what its supposed to. Now what I did love was when you picked out the parts you wanted for whatever reason and they looked half decent together without any modding.

The last thing is that I have a feeling that a bunch of people that complain about noctua's colors wouldnt really consider buying them even if they were on they liked better because of the price. Are you really ready to drop $20+ a fan across your whole build? I have a feeling that many of the answers to this are no for the crowd listed above. For the people that do want the best color is the least deterring factor usually so they go out and drop money on them for every part of their build. Say maybe 8 or so of them that came last friday...

I apologize for the rant first and foremost, sometimes I feel I just must do it and secondly please excuse the typos as I have written this whole thing on my phone.

^ that was wayyy to long for me to read... but does anyone have an actual idea when it'll be released? it was showcased in june for computex 2013

^ that was wayyy to long for me to read... but does anyone have an actual idea when it'll be released? it was showcased in june for computex 2013

I was told not to expect them this year by Noctua.