ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP! Omega and AMP! Extreme plus a GTX 980 AMP! Extreme Giveaway!

Zotac cards really do look beautiful! A great design on an amazing card, heh, sounds like a winner to me :D

Great review guys! I think that if i get one gtx 980 for free my limits of Overclocking would be gone. I mean, it's free right and i can live my wet dreams of pure gpu power!

I got the same. But bigger.

I wonder what will be next... GTX 1000 ? Some new series ? 
This 970's look solid, but I've seen WindForce ones and theirs temps... I'd like to see them compared ;>

Personally I like the omega design of the omega edition more than the extreme , and for the extreme they should have gone with metal too .

Overall i like both looks of the cards very much .

Why give the lights on the extreme red and green but not blue?

Personally i reckon the carbon fiber coating with LEDs seem a bit more creative, id also like to win because atm im playing games at 720p on medium ;( the struggle is real

The extreme looks like an interesting design with that counter-spinning fan.

I'd be curious to see how well it cools compared to other 3 fan designs but the 900 series is so efficient it doesn't even look like it matters...

Trying my luck today, upgrading from a r9 280 to a gtx 980 would be awesome.

Its just to good do be true.

Lower power drain for more power in your PC case... I make my Case

That card looks so awesome! The 980 is definitely the best graphics card ever.

The extreme version has sweet led's and the oc+ usb system is pretty cool!

I like the amazing efficiency of the 900 series and also all of the cool features that come with it.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Interesting approach by Zotac... I like it!

Although I'm an AMD-o-phile person, I deeply respect NVidia's recent accomplishment with their 900 series. The 970 is just screaming to be bought for that awesome performance for the price. A truly great product indeed, and it's bringing AMD to their knees as it seems; extremely aggressive pricing, axing jobs at the company, significantly reduced expected sales...

Throwing my hat in the ring. Thanks LinusTechTips and thanks Zotac for the generous giveaway!

What's not to like about the ZOTAC cards? Three fan cooler on the Extreme model is quite impressive, wonder what that sounds like under load.