ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP! Omega and AMP! Extreme plus a GTX 980 AMP! Extreme Giveaway!

Man i really need one of these my current HD 7950 is getting old and has an error at the moment that causes occasional crashes lucky enough not while gaming most of the time during idle

i still havnt even been able to see this around in the u.k but maybe im just not looking hard enough, with enough money D,=

The card youre about the giveaway as a beasty look , i really like the LED and seams to performs as well almost as a 780 but with the bonus of the DSR and MFAA so its a pretty sweet card 

it's a bit too much "gamer blingy" when i look at the cards but I guess one can get used to it :)

Welp

Thanks for the videos Linus I'vs been watching your channel for a while and when the giveaway came up, I thought well now is a good time to jump on the forum and have a chance to win a new video card! The carbon finish on the Extreme looks smick!

Thanks

:)

CPU Intel Coew i7 4790k | GPU GeForece GTX 780 Ti | RAM 32GB G.SKILL 2400MHz Quad Channel | CPU Cooler Swiftech H220-X | Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MK1 | SSD Intel 730 

Series 240GB SSD (Boot Drive) | HDD WD Black 2TB | Case NZXT H440 (Black) | OS Windows 8.1 64-Bit | Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Keyboard Logitech G710+

I think that the 900 series is the most promising line of gpu's for the average and enthusiast consumer we've seen in a long time...

This certainly seems like the beast of the pack. Those Leds are a mixed bag for people going with a blue style. I like that plastic shroud that has a nice nice look to it

What I think what's cool about the card? It's friggin fast and looks pretty darn cool! I want one

I mean sure I just bought a second 280X for CrossFire, but hell Linus give me a  reason to regret my purchase. 

Also Alien cooler is the best cooler.

The Ice Box

i5 3570 - HD7970 MSI M-Power Z77 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Corsair 800W PSU - Corsair H60

This card is the best looking I've seen, the LEDs are fantastic, and the bit hanging looks alot better than the old windforce ones.

Favorite thing about the 900 series in general? Power/Performance.

Lets contextualize how amazing this series is. A GTX 660 has a 140W TDP. 660s in dual SLI, from what I've seen in researched benchmarks, perform at about the level of a 780, which is slightly above (or in these cards' cases, even with) the GTX 970. We're talking a low single digit % difference. A single GTX 970 has a higher TDP by only 5W, meanwhile 660s in dual SLI have a 280W TDP.

In two generations, NVIDIA was able to increase the amount of performance you get out of around 140W of power by approximately 90%. Not only does this mean the cards use significantly less power for the performance you're getting, but they can run quieter, cooler, last longer, and base/OC clock speeds on the higher end cards are able to be as high, or even higher, than not only previous high-end NVIDIA cards, but any graphics card before it.

The price only reinforces the cost effectiveness.