Call Of Dewty: AW will cut down on "Quick-Scoping"

Jerakl

I'll start off with

RH8kjNT.jpg

And a

FINALLY

It's been how many games we've known this was a problem?

Anyways, 

Source:

http://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-will-cut-down-on-quick-scoping/

Sledgehammer's focus for multiplayer is ensuring that skill, not an "overpowered create-a-class," will determine the outcome of online battles, so that someone who's perfected playing as a sniper will be on equal footing with other players who have developed comparable skills with assault rifles or shotguns.

My thoughts:

FINALLY A CoD PRODUCER CAUGHT ONTO THIS. This will definitely make the game more enjoyable, because there aren't scrubs running around going 53 and 4 with a sniper rifle. CoD? No Quickscoping? IMPOSSIBLE, you may say. But I for one think this is great, although eventually people will find ways around it. However, when they do, I don't think it will be nearly as effective.

Sorry if this is a repost, if it is REMEMBER TO LINK ME TO THE OTHER POST YOU SCRUBS! Don't give me a one word response with "Repost"

@CreepersCrawlers

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Didn't treyarch try to get rid of quickscoping with Black Ops? (Haven't played CoD in years)

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Didn't treyarch try to get rid of quickscoping with Black Ops? (Haven't played CoD in years)

Yep and the way they tried to get rid of it actually made it a lot of fun

You could still do it sort of you just had to have good timing.

I was really good at quickscoping in most CoD Games, it was next to impossible in Black Ops 1. Really, I tried for like, 2 hours. Not one shot.

@Excon

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

About motherfucking time. I haven't really had much of a problem in BF3 for fucks sake.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

A CoD game changing something?!!! IMPOSSIBRU

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

You do realize they have said this since mw3....

In Black Ops 1 you couldn't quickscope at all. But then again, MW3 was after BO

Goodluck quickscoping a bunch of monkeys.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

About motherfucking time. I haven't really had much of a problem in BF3 for fucks sake.

because BF doesnt allow you to quickscope, plus snipers need to factor in wind/bullet drop and recoil

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

In my opinion (with a lack of experience playing CoD..), the snipers in CoD are the equivalent of AKs in CS. They're damn good if you master them. Don't pretend that it takes no skill to go 53 and 4 CQC with a sniper. Those montages you see on YouTube were selected from a pool of dozens of terrible games. It's funny watching Hutch for example when he streams. He isn't very good at CSGO, and then he uploads a few select clips where he does quite well. The more naive viewers could be forgiven for thinking he's much better than he is.

I was really good at quickscoping in most CoD Games, it was next to impossible in Black Ops 1. Really, I tried for like, 2 hours. Not one shot.

Black Ops 1 was still possible and they had ranking for quickscoping clans even

Quickscoping takes skill (shocker I know) and it add dynamic to the game

If I even felt like I was getting sniped too much in a game I would pull out a AR and start mowing people down...  there was little imbalance in CoD games minus things like one man army and grenade launchers

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

In Black Ops 1 you couldn't quickscope at all. But then again, MW3 was after BO

I could and so did everyone i know....

Black Ops 1 was still possible and they had ranking for quickscoping clans even

Quickscoping takes skill (shocker I know) and it add dynamic to the game

If I even felt like I was getting sniped too much in a game I would pull out a AR and start mowing people down...  there was little imbalance in CoD games minus things like one man army and grenade launchers

Quick scoping didn't really take skill, just timing. The way quick scoping worked was with aim assist because console peasants have to use a controller. If you turn aim assist off, you can't quick scope. The reason for this is due to aim assist being on by default for everyone, all you had to do was get the timing right and as long as you aimed somewhat close to the person it would snap to the center and if your timing was right, it would be a one shot kill. 

Quickscoping is literally a thing console peasant thing. 

I hope the new cod fails just like the last cod failed. I hope the series gets burned to the ground and something great can rise from it's ashes... but this is a hundred million dollar a year franchise so that won't happen easily. 

Quick scoping takes skill... so dont see the problem really. On the other hand this cod will just be worse than the previous cod as always

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

I don't think some of you understand the problems with "cut down" on quickscoping can do.

All of the real lovers of CoD(myself for example), stopped playing around MW2, maybe Black Ops 2 depending on when your common sense kicked in and you stopped paying for all of the BS DLC. Right now the masses buy the game because it's either a run and gun for them, they follow the competitive side, or they quickscope. If they "cut down" on quickscoping, then they lose that whole market share of people who would have bought the game for quickscoping alone and people still play CoD just to quickscope, even the older CoDs like MW, MW2, WaW, BO1/2, etc. Now with Halo MCC coming out and a lot of pros going over there means that the people following the competitive crowd, mainly on Xbox, are now going to get MCC instead of CoD, maybe they'll get both, but Halo will be the one that will win in the long run.

So Activision loses out on both the quickscopers and the pro side. Those two alone I would say make up for more than 50% of a CoD game, why? Because when you play CoD today, right now, whatever you join it's either people trying to play competitively, or people trying to quickscope.

If you don't believe me, wait until MCC comes out and this new CoD and we'll see which lasts longer. I can see CoD dieing on the Xbox side easily because of this, maybe it will still thrive on PC and PS4, but it won't be what it is right now. I know, MCC comes with four games and CoD is one game, but I'm betting that with the new revival of Halo:CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 alone will last the competitive side and shooters on Xbox for years to come. There will be competitions for all of them and Halo will be what it was back in the old Halo 2 days, but better.

This is the end of CoD, no doubt about it.

about damn time

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Quick scoping didn't really take skill, just timing. The way quick scoping worked was with aim assist because console peasants have to use a controller. If you turn aim assist off, you can't quick scope. The reason for this is due to aim assist being on by default for everyone, all you had to do was get the timing right and as long as you aimed somewhat close to the person it would snap to the center and if your timing was right, it would be a one shot kill. 

Quickscoping is literally a thing console peasant thing. 

I hope the new cod fails just like the last cod failed. I hope the series gets burned to the ground and something great can rise from it's ashes... but this is a hundred million dollar a year franchise so that won't happen easily. 

Quick scoping was on PC too... aim assist doesn't help as much as you think.  Otherwise, the skill gap in clan matches would have been much lower.  I used to play against the ranked #1 and #2 teams, I actually stomped the #2 team with my friends and made them rage quit... lol

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I don't think some of you understand the problems with "cut down" on quickscoping can do.

All of the real lovers of CoD(myself for example), stopped playing around MW2, maybe Black Ops 2 depending on when your common sense kicked in and you stopped paying for all of the BS DLC. Right now the masses buy the game because it's either a run and gun for them, they follow the competitive side, or they quickscope. If they "cut down" on quickscoping, then they lose that whole market share of people who would have bought the game for quickscoping alone and people still play CoD just to quickscope, even the older CoDs like MW, MW2, WaW, BO1/2, etc. Now with Halo MCC coming out and a lot of pros going over there means that the people following the competitive crowd, mainly on Xbox, are now going to get MCC instead of CoD, maybe they'll get both, but Halo will be the one that will win in the long run.

So Activision loses out on both the quickscopers and the pro side. Those two alone I would say make up for more than 50% of a CoD game, why? Because when you play CoD today, right now, whatever you join it's either people trying to play competitively, or people trying to quickscope.

If you don't believe me, wait until MCC comes out and this new CoD and we'll see which lasts longer. I can see CoD dieing on the Xbox side easily because of this, maybe it will still thrive on PC and PS4, but it won't be what it is right now. I know, MCC comes with four games and CoD is one game, but I'm betting that with the new revival of Halo:CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 alone will last the competitive side and shooters on Xbox for years to come. There will be competitions for all of them and Halo will be what it was back in the old Halo 2 days, but better.

This is the end of CoD, no doubt about it.

I agree.  All my friends were really skeptical about buying BO1 when it came out because of the "no quickscoping".

It's not the first time a publisher has tried to address quickscoping. Saying they want to do something about it doesn't make it magically gone. We'll have to see exactly how they went about changing things before we start cheering (if indeed you think it's something to cheer about)

Quick scoping was on PC too... aim assist doesn't help as much as you think.  Otherwise, the skill gap in clan matches would have been much lower.  I used to play against the ranked #1 and #2 teams, I actually stomped the #2 team with my friends and made them rage quit... lol

Quick scoping is on pc but you have to turn aim assist on as it's off by default (pretty sure anyway, been a while since I've checked). Aim assist on pc makes you miss shots if you use a kb/m as you don't need any aim assist because you aren't a filthy casual console pleb with a shit tier controller. 

Go turn off aim assist on plebbox1 and try and quick scope. It becomes increasingly more difficult, almost impossible. 

Quick scoping is on pc but you have to turn aim assist on as it's off by default (pretty sure anyway, been a while since I've checked). Aim assist on pc makes you miss shots if you use a kb/m as you don't need any aim assist because you aren't a filthy casual console pleb with a shit tier controller. 

Go turn off aim assist on plebbox1 and try and quick scope. It becomes increasingly more difficult, almost impossible. 

I've done it, and I'm not a pleb

been about 2 years since I sold my Xbox 360

because BF doesnt allow you to quickscope, plus snipers need to factor in wind/bullet drop and recoil

NOT TRUE!

At close range you can quickscope pretty effectively.

I've done it, and I'm not a pleb

been about 2 years since I sold my Xbox 360

I wasn't calling you a pleb, I was speaking in general terms for "console gamers".