Call Of Dewty: AW will cut down on "Quick-Scoping"

Jerakl

I could and so did everyone i know....

mmmmk, weird. I never knew anyone, or saw anyone do it. Ever.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I agree.  All my friends were really skeptical about buying BO1 when it came out because of the "no quickscoping".

Personally I don't quickscope, I've always saw CoD as a competitive game back in its prime days, but it's gone far too down hill since MW2 and I can't enjoy competitive matches anymore and I can't play them. I still play CoD4 every now and then on PC because I love the simplicity of the game and how it feels. Getting a good match and squad that knows how to play S&D can create some memorable moments.

Nowadays I just watch CS:GO matches on occasion if I want something competitive. 

It's not the first time a publisher has tried to address quickscoping. Saying they want to do something about it doesn't make it magically gone. We'll have to see exactly how they went about changing things before we start cheering (if indeed you think it's something to cheer about)

It's something to cheer and not cheer about. If it goes away completely then CoD is pretty much over for the long run, people will still play it, but I doubt there'll be a lot of players by the time the 3rd or 4th DLC comes out for that game.

If it doesn't go away and they backtrack on their decision, then CoD continues to thrive off of the quickscoping and average gamer markets.

Either way they'll be losing a lot of pro players to MCC in November. The CoD devs nowadays don't really listen to pro player feedback and 343 has been physically inviting pro players to their headquarters just to beta test and give feedback on MCC for the competitive market, so we are more than likely going to see a huge shift in the competitive scene within a year.

Personally I don't quickscope, I've always saw CoD as a competitive game back in its prime days, but it's gone far too down hill since MW2 and I can't enjoy competitive matches anymore and I can't play them. I still play CoD4 every now and then on PC because I love the simplicity of the game and how it feels. Getting a good match and squad that knows how to play S&D can create some memorable moments.

Nowadays I just watch CS:GO matches on occasion if I want something competitive. 

It's something to cheer and not cheer about. If it goes away completely then CoD is pretty much over for the long run, people will still play it, but I doubt there'll be a lot of players by the time the 3rd or 4th DLC comes out for that game.

If it doesn't go away and they backtrack on their decision, then CoD continues to thrive off of the quickscoping and average gamer markets.

Either way they'll be losing a lot of pro players to MCC in November. The CoD devs nowadays don't really listen to pro player feedback and 343 has been physically inviting pro players to their headquarters just to beta test and give feedback on MCC for the competitive market, so we are more than likely going to see a huge shift in the competitive scene within a year.

I feel the same way. I loved the competition. Over the years it's fallen way off and I've stopped playing and switched to LoL to get my competitive fix. What is MCC? 

I feel the same way. I loved the competition. Over the years it's fallen way off and I've stopped playing and switched to LoL to get my competitive fix. What is MCC? 

Sorry for using acronyms. I'm talking about the Halo: Masterchief Collection that is coming out in November for Xbox One, it includes;

• Halo: CE
  • Halo: CE Anniversary
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4

All of these will be playable online and you can switch between all of them on the fly as they are in a synchronized menu system. Want to play Halo 3 SWAT, then switch over to Halo 2 Sniper-Shottys without getting up and swapping discs? Now you can!

Halo 2 Anniversary only has 6 new upgraded maps and a new visually upgraded campaign.

For more information either Google or see here(or even reply and ask me questions, I don't mind): https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection

NOT TRUE!

At close range you can quickscope pretty effectively.

yup, its still inaccurate unless you actually look down the scope, or if you were smart you would just use a 3.44

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Sorry for using acronyms. I'm talking about the Halo: Masterchief Collection that is coming out in November for Xbox One, it includes;

• Halo: CE
  • Halo: CE Anniversary
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4

All of these will be playable online and you can switch between all of them on the fly as they are in a synchronized menu system. Want to play Halo 3 SWAT, then switch over to Halo 2 Sniper-Shottys without getting up and swapping discs? Now you can!

Halo 2 Anniversary only has 6 new upgraded maps and a new visually upgraded campaign.

For more information either Google or see here(or even reply and ask me questions, I don't mind): https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection

Oh yea the new Halo. I would have been excited about this if it were coming to pc. There was a rumor for a while but I guess that's all it was. 

Oh yea the new Halo. I would have been excited about this if it were coming to pc. There was a rumor for a while but I guess that's all it was.

There have been rumors and speculations that it is coming to PC, just not anytime soon. I created my own speculation on the matter and if you'd like to read it then by all means feel free to do so, I'll put it in a spoiler tag so others can skip this post without having to scroll all the way through it.

The Steam groups for Halo 1, 2, and 3 are still there, but they are indeed hidden currently, as of last month I believe. They were created in early 2013 when SteamDB got the Halo 1, 2, and 3 entries and this is also when people found "Halo3.exe" in AMD driver code. The Steam groups were open for a couple days but were promptly closed and locked down and the only way you could join the group was if you were invited to it, but even then you couldn't look at the group page or anything. The best you could do is join the group chat channel on Steam and talk to other people there, but that's about it. Now it looks like you can't even find them via searching in Groups for "Halo".

Here is a screenshot of Halo 1, 2, and 3 along with Spartan Assault(mobile port) and their member counts: http://i.imgur.com/1YdZlJK.png

My personal speculation is that they originally planned to bring the Halo trilogy to PC, but Microsoft approached them in April of 2013 and told them about the new Xbox One and their plans of MCC for Xbox One instead. So the development/porting of the original three was stopped/put on hold until after they release MCC for Xbone OR they are developing/porting both to Xbone and PC, but the Xbone has higher priority. My reasoning for this? This quote from a Q&A on Halo Waypoint; https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-6-19-14

Q: How long has The Master Chief Collection been in development? -TeK x Fernplant

A: We started thinking about exactly how we were going to debut on Xbox One several years ago, prior to releasing Halo 4.

Halo 4 was released in November 2012. The Xbone was announced in May 2013. SteamDB listings and the Steam groups for the first three Halo's and "Halo3.exe" being listed in the AMD drivers was created/found between later 2012 and early 2013. Sometime in the middle of Spring 2013, it all stopped and then the Xbone was announced and we haven't heard anything since. So either they were planning it and it got canceled/put on hold or they went complete hush-hush on it. Oh and in the same Q&A;

Q: Will there be a PC version of Halo: The Master Chief Collection at some point in the future?

-Beats By Die

A: Our current focus is on the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One.

So, they didn't confirm, nor deny it. So it is likely that they do have plans for it, just not right now, or they are waiting until they are done porting Halo 2 over from GFWL because GFWL is still needed to play Halo 2 online. Which is another speculation of mine as to why they didn't shut down GFWL at another speculated date of July 1st, 2014.

TL;DR, Speculations has it that they originally had plans for it, but Microsoft stopped it so they could port MCC over to Xbone.

Source for my post here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189874-microsoft-announced-a-halo-pc-mouse-could-it-be-a-hint-for-a-pc-release/?p=2559960

I have a few more posts about it that go into more detail, but this is a summary of it.

Quick scoping is on pc but you have to turn aim assist on as it's off by default (pretty sure anyway, been a while since I've checked). Aim assist on pc makes you miss shots if you use a kb/m as you don't need any aim assist because you aren't a filthy casual console pleb with a shit tier controller. 

Go turn off aim assist on plebbox1 and try and quick scope. It becomes increasingly more difficult, almost impossible. 

I've always had aim assist off on any game that's ever had it, I hate that 'sticky' feel your reticule gets when it tries to lock onto a character. I can say that didn't make a dang difference when it came to quickscoping, and every big console quickscoper I've ever met plays with 10 sensitivity on a hyper sensitive controller with aim assist off, kinda like an 80,000 DPI mouse on PC but not.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I've always had aim assist off on any game that's ever had it, I hate that 'sticky' feel your reticule gets when it tries to lock onto a character. I can say that didn't make a dang difference when it came to quickscoping, and every big console quickscoper I've ever met plays with 10 sensitivity on a hyper sensitive controller with aim assist off, kinda like an 80,000 DPI mouse on PC but not.

I seriously doubt it. The high sensitivity yes, but aim assist being turned off is very unlikely. 

I seriously doubt it. The high sensitivity yes, but aim assist being turned off is very unlikely. 

I saw them with my own eyes turn it off... They all agreed that it was annoying as crap

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Because I never saw anyone do doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Silly

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Because I never saw anyone do doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Silly

Yes it does. That's exactly what it means. You're trying to say quickscoping on blops isn't a thing when it very clearly is. 

They should make every gun be hip fired only... To make game more "balanced". 

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Yes it does. That's exactly what it means. You're trying to say quickscoping on blops isn't a thing when it very clearly is. 

P32aN1Y.gif

I was corrected before you came along. I didn't post about it though. And for the record, because I've never seen anyone do it, doesn't mean I said it isn't a thing. I did earlier, but I was corrected. Go be a jerk somewhere else please.

Are you literally retarded?

Get out of here and stop derailing.

You know what? I already was corrected earlier.

And then you go on to say that you aren't wrong with your logic of I haven't seen it therefore it doesn't exist. You can keep posting pictures of facepalms all you want, that doesn't mean you aren't wrong. 

And then you go on to say that you aren't wrong with your logic of I haven't seen it therefore it doesn't exist. You can keep posting pictures of facepalms all you want, that doesn't mean you aren't wrong. 

dude, just let it go.

turn away and slam the door

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Well to be completely honest will this just piss off the fans i would have thought. I personally dont care as im moving away from fps now.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

If you want to get rid of quick scoping give us back Cod2-style rifles.

This problem only exists on peasantboxes because when you aim through the scope it snaps to the enemy at the start, requiring little skill to do it.

And for nth time PC will suffer as side effect.

If you want to get rid of quick scoping give us back Cod2-style rifles.

This problem only exists on peasantboxes because when you aim through the scope it snaps to the enemy at the start, requiring little skill to do it.

And for nth time PC will suffer as side effect.

PC COD is dead m8. Ghosts runs absolutely horrible on my machine. It's so bad it's actually unplayable. I'll never buy another COD again. Like @brownninja97 said, I'm done with FPS games also. I've moved on to MOBA's. 

PC COD is dead m8. Ghosts runs absolutely horrible on my machine. It's so bad it's actually unplayable. I'll never buy another COD again. Like @brownninja97 said, I'm done with FPS games also. I've moved on to MOBA's. 

Well I've played lol since 2009... and it's IMO ran to shit too.

There are more out there, but I can't be asked leveling 3 months do discover that the game on top level isn't that engaging.

RTS genre is almost dead too, with only click fests left...

But we got Sleeping Dogs remastererered version... yayy

Well I've played lol since 2009... and it's IMO ran to shit too.

There are more out there, but I can't be asked leveling 3 months do discover that the game on top level isn't that engaging.

RTS genre is almost dead too, with only click fests left...

But we got Sleeping Dogs remastererered version... yayy

I started playing league at the end of season 2 and it's only going to get better. I tried smite and can't play that due to crap imbalances between gods. I stopped playing Starcraft before the expansion came out. I just cannot compete with the Koreans, they are too good. Honestly the only thing I'm excited for is LoL these days. COD is dead to me and I haven't seen anything that looks fun or exciting in a long time. About the only thing I know I'm going to get is the new Metal gear and that's only because it will be on PC. I'm not buying a plebstation this time just for one game, so if the pc release changes I'll skip it. 

Quick scoping is for losers.  No scoping is where the pro's at.