How to push car up to carport by yourself? (asking)

bcredeur97

Hey guys I had a problem with my car not starting this morning, and I need to get it up a small hill onto the driveway so I can change the starter. Trouble is im not quite strong enough to push it up to the concrete so I can jack it up.. The ground is slightly soft (thats louisiana for ya) so I dont want to jack it up and have it sink in the grass.

Any ideas besides getting another person? Its just me by myself at the moment...

yes i went to a tech forum to ask this question.. only forum I have an account on so :P

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Got access to a vehicle with a Winch? 

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Block and tackle?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It depends. How ripped are you?

Got access to a vehicle with a Winch? 

nope. otherwise would of thought of that

Block and tackle?

again would do this but dont have any equpiment for it :/

It depends. How ripped are you?

sigh :/ not very lol

too much of a computer geek xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Get a strong rope or a winch?

I have a rope but i wouldnt call it strong. I would have to wound it together.

Spoiler

Find someone with a four wheeler, have them tow it up.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

try banging the starter with something

or is the battery dead ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Step 1: Gain access to a car with a Winch

Step 2: ????

Step 3: Profit!

:P

In all seriousness though... the way I see it, you have three options:

have someone tow it

or

find a way to lock the steering wheel as such that it will remain forwards, then push the car with another.

or

find someone for assistance.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

or is the battery dead ?

battery is good. starter turns fine just no start. I believe its the clutch on the starter motor. unless the engine seized but I doubt that (i keep up with oil) and I sure hope it didnt lol

Spoiler

if you have something like this, maybe you could try it, for physics ofc.

320px-Tackle_principle.png

edit: or use multiple of them if you have some.

edit2: if you don't have it, make it yourself from a small spare wheel (maybe even use a bicycle wheel, idk)

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

Easy answer: Call the cops claim it was stolen when they find it they should return it to you...
Hard answer: Pay to get it towed...
Dick answer: PUSH IT FGT DO YOU EVEN LIFT?!
Troll answer: Grab some tools and disassemble the whole car piece by piece... then once it's in pieces carry each piece to your carport and rebuild it...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

ok thanks guys I guess Ill just have to wait till My father gets home so he can help me push it lol..

gonna be a long day xD have to work on that tonight

Spoiler

Do you have any ratchet straps? 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Do any of your neighbours have a 4x4? If so you're done.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

or is the battery dead ?

That's actually the industry standard approach. Get a broom handle, have someone turn the key, bang the hell out of the starter lol.

It does work sometimes.

That's actually the industry standard approach. Get a broom handle, have someone turn the key, bang the hell out of the starter lol.

It does work sometimes.

And if brute force doesn't work, you aren't using enough of it :D

And if brute force doesn't work, you aren't using enough of it :D

Not always, don't want to damage the housing of the starter.

Get someone with a 4x4 and a tow hitch to tow it up the hill.

Just curious, is it a manual or automatic transmission? And did you throw the gear shifter in neutral with handbrakes disengaged? Some people forget and try to push it with the gear shifter in park with the handbrakes applied and wonder why it won't move...

Tow it man, seen people do that all over the states lol.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

4 wheeler and tow it bruh.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

4X4 isn't required lol