Has anyone tried to melt a marshmallow with the R9 290 reference cooler?

Shroomster

how about popcorn with reference cooler design, just put corn into blower lol

This idea, I fucking love it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

That might mess it up ;)

yea i know, i was just joking. dont blame me for destroyed gpu :D 

i just put corn on top of the cpu rad, then when they are done they fly off because they have bigger surface

yea i know, i was just joking. dont blame me for destroyed gpu :D

i just put corn on top of the cpu rad, then when they are done they fly off because they have bigger surface

Okay O_o

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

If you go watercooling it's even easier! :D But that would be a very expensive marshmallow melter...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

If you go watercooling it's even easier! :D But that would be a very expensive marshmallow melter...

How is it any easier? I dont get it. :D care to explain?

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

How is it any easier? I dont get it. :D care to explain?

If you have a loop (if you don't, it's harder but let's just go with it) Take the rad and put an aluminium sheet over it, put the marshmallows on it and let the gpu heat everything up. Tadaa a small barbecue! No need to hold or whatever, and you can even take some other things? :D

Don't forget to keep an eye on the temps so you turn up the fans on time, you don't want to melt your gpu too.

Water is more efficient so i think you can get the water and the rad up to 60°C without letting the gpu going over 95°C (no proof, just some guesswork :D )

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

If you have a loop (if you don't, it's harder but let's just go with it) Take the rad and put an aluminium sheet over it, put the marshmallows on it and let the gpu heat everything up. Tadaa a small barbecue! No need to hold or whatever, and you can even take some other things? :D

Don't forget to keep an eye on the temps so you turn up the fans on time, you don't want to melt your gpu too.

Water is more efficient so i think you can get the water and the rad up to 60°C without letting the gpu going over 95°C (no proof, just some guesswork :D )

Should I try it? 2x R9 290s and a FX-8350 pumping all the heat into a 360 rad? I will take pics.

Should I try it? 2x R9 290s and a FX-8350 pumping all the heat into a 360 rad? I will take pics.

Why not? if it's getting too risky just pull the plug or ramp up the fans. I would try it if i had a rig like that, and no parents that could complain :P. Just be careful!

Why not? if it's getting too risky just pull the plug or ramp up the fans. I would try it if i had a rig like that, and no parents that could complain :P. Just be careful!

I will try it today or tomorrow.

I will try it today or tomorrow.

That's the spirit :D PM me the link to the topic if you are done! :P

Just be careful... I don't want to see a rig like that go up in smoke with some marchmallows on it.

That's the spirit :D PM me the link to the topic if you are done! :P

Just be careful... I don't want to see a rig like that go up in smoke with some marchmallows on it.

I found marshmallows downstairs. Pics coming soon. :D

Turning Valley on now

cant wait to see it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Close but no cigar. It did not get hot enough. the loop. Someone try this with a ref cooler. @LinusTech (just sayin')

dang it maybe next time 

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

dang it maybe next time 

I have to get a reference cooler first sent to me. The 2 cards will probably have to part ways anyways as my parents are divorcing and I would like to have a rig in both houses. So until then.

I have to get a reference cooler first sent to me. The 2 cards will probably have to part ways anyways as my parents are divorcing and I would like to have a rig in both houses. So until then.

sorry to hear that

Spoiler

sorry to hear that

It seems to be not so bad. Less money, but the arguing is over. And I get to have the fathers house to myself as my father is always at work.