Google Glass can now add closed captions to real life

Ethnod

While Google Glass may have seemed like a fad or gimmic to a lot of people, probably most, but these kinds of use cases are the reason why I have always thought Google Glass was a very cool innovation. It will be great when Google Glass is just seamless, advanced and also invisible so no one knows if you are using it or not. It may actually help people communicate in other languages they may not know or not know enough, it may help deaf people communicate seamlessly. 

Love it!

Source:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/google-glass-can-now-add-closed-captions-real-life/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Google spy glass tbh

Not really, if you are referring to Google Inc and how they collate your data, well they would be upfront about that and I would imagine that seeing as you are buying the product you would be able to opt out of something like that. The problem with that would be most likely the apps and the private companies who make those apps and then use your data to make money and that is no different from your mobile phone.

Regardless it has no reflection on this app

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Not only does it do that, it also sends the conversation to the NSA! /dryjoke

It's things like this that help society. No longer will deaf people need to learn sign language. If it gets to the point where the google glasses microphone picks up speech and puts it right on screen then it will be a massive win.

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

It's things like this that help society. No longer will deaf people need to learn sign language. If it gets to the point where the google glasses microphone picks up speech and puts it right on screen then it will be a massive win.

No. Deaf people will still need to learn sign language. How are they supposed to learn reading in the first place without it?

Even if they did somehow, how will they answer back to what they read?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

No. Deaf people will still need to learn sign language. How are they supposed to learn reading in the first place without it?

Google Glass will read their mind and speak their words.

Also... Deaf/Hard of Hearing doesn't necessarily mean Mute.

Not everyone who is hard of hearing or deaf are born that way.  This highlights a potential good use of wearable tech.  Even with glasses limited battery, this could actually be of use....unless they also have poor eyesight...

If it is the same captions that are used in Youtube, good luck to all that use them!

oh this is much cooler and helpful than what I had in mind.

I thought this would be like *stares at student* *caption reads: that one asshole you don't like*

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

We ALL know how the closed captions worked on YouTube right guys? Lol I can imagine a deaf person thinking "what the fuck is he saying?" When his glass captions "hello grandpa" to "I fucked my grandma"

That's pretty cool, this could help a lot of people.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

We ALL know how the closed captions worked on YouTube right guys? Lol I can imagine a deaf person thinking "what the fuck is he saying?" When his glass captions "hello grandpa" to "I fucked my grandma"

demotivational-posters-subtitles.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs