Witcher 3. In before the next downgrade controversy.

deathjester

After all their spiels about PC not being left behind and being all into it and focused as the lead platform,..

If they go for 'Console Parity' then I'm gunna have a huge bitchfit.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Johnny is to blame. He's not there in the first screenshot and it's beautiful. He's there in the second and it looks like shit. F you Johnny... 

1412172357165.gif

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

What they're thinking:

" Watch Dogs got so much bad press because of the sudden drop in graphics.... Oh! how about we slowly downgrade it!"

1. I don't really care, I won't be able to run it on max anyway.

2. I trust CDPR that they will make an amazing game.

3. I'm here for the story above all. I'm an avid Witcher fan, I read every book available and played both games several times over.

4. These are actual screens, not some pre-rendered, photoshopped, scene edited bullshit. Games don't actually look that good when you take a screenshot of them. The beauty comes from the constantly updating picture. For e.g. I took a screen of SoM today, it looked beautiful when it was live, but now it's kind of depressingly bad.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Those are XboxOne screenshots not PC so the comparison makes no sense.
I'm holding my judgment till I see some PC screenshots at max settings with PhysX and AA on.

RTX2070OC 

They fact there's no AA makes me think it's console screenshot or something.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

lel. all the people complain about the grapics and i'm just sitting here waiting to play it because of the story  ^_^

Def console screen, CDProject Red is too entrenched in the whole PCMR thing to think they can get away with a visual downgrade on PC.

What gave you that idea?  ;)

CL5CVkr.jpg?1

Like I said. No Nvidia hair shown on wolves. MS/Xbox One marketing ties. Saw people exploding on Neogaf/forums and I knew this would be the next big conversation. Only reason I posted it. My worry this game will be heavily downgraded? 0/10.

If this was Ubisoft? I would be worried. CDPR? Nah. CE Edition ordered a long time ago and no regrets.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

@deathjester, regarding the hairworks, there are reports that it runs ridiculously slowly even on powerful hardware. That may explain why they dumbed it down.

According to below with two wolves being simulated and absolutely nothing else on screen (no map) a Titan could only do 60fps at a very low resolution of 1024x768.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher-3s-fur-tech-will-most-probably-bring-your-gpus-to-their-knees/

Whats the diff

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I don't believe they would reduce the visuals for the PC. People still have plenty of time to cancel their preorders, they can't take the risk.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Really hope this isn't the PC max settings. One of my most hyped games.

I do believe that is the gameplay of the Xbox One. Not the PC. However, it is to be released like that, I am not buying it. I am sick of companies trying to make the new consoles look better than what they are. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

@deathjester, regarding the hairworks, there are reports that it runs ridiculously slowly even on powerful hardware. That may explain why they dumbed it down.

According to below with two wolves being simulated and absolutely nothing else on screen (no map) a Titan could only do 60fps at a very low resolution of 1024x768.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher-3s-fur-tech-will-most-probably-bring-your-gpus-to-their-knees/

That was from 2013 man. We have since had  a trailer with PC footage. Click the 600 MB download for best compression.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_the_sword_of_destiny-32222_en.html

We also saw the game running on XB1 at the E3 MS conference, and it looked worse than our Witcher 2 on a good GPU. The Xbox One just has a really mediocre GPU. 1.3 TFLOPS is horrible compared to a GTX 970. Before the GTX 970 that price performance came at a HUGE premium (sometimes r9 290's were on sale), but now? Stock 780ti performance isn't just for a small percentage of players. r9 280 3b cards are 180 bucks and will dwarf the PS4.

They also said something like it ran at 40-45 before optimization at max on a PC on a 780ti. This game isn't going to look worse than Witcher 2 lol. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

well since this isn't EA or ubisoft I think it's safe to assume these screenshots are from either a budget rig running lower settings or a console version.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

They've said multiple times that all the gameplay videos that have been shown so far are XBOX ONE/PS4

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I am also with OP, CDPR have yet to let me down in anything really. I have not pre-ordered yet but I was fully intending to with my next pay cheque and I am still now. tbh even if the graphics are not better I dont care, well I will but not enough to make a difference, as long as they keep their story and gameplay promises so far

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

But we can modify the game. Anyway who gives a shit about this console dirty 4chan shit. FUCK ass casual gamers! It all happened just because of you.

But we can modify the game. Anyway who gives a shit about this console dirty 4chan shit. FUCK ass casual gamers! It all happened just because of you.

That's not a solution, it's a workaround, modding is supposed to improve games or add new content to them, it's not modders job to fix the fucking games, it's no excuse for downgrades. Plus modding will only get you so far and you'll never achieve the full production quality of the actual developer studio.

You shouldn't have mentioned that at all, it's total horsesh*t.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

That's not a solution, it's a workaround, modding is supposed to improve games or add new content to them, it's not modders job to fix the fucking games, it's no excuse for downgrades. Plus modding will only get you so far and you'll never achieve the full production quality of the actual developer studio.

You shouldn't have mentioned that at all, it's total horsesh*t.

You could have used word "bull shit".

I think this is the time to rise and destroy every consoles. This is the time. My brothers?, DO you stand with me?