The leaving trend

GhostWindGamer

I'm sure when they saw others leaving it just felt like a natural time to move on, but then people will perceive it as a "trend" or a "stupid fad" even though it is simply people making sure there aren't any questions about why they aren't posting on the forum anymore.

Right. Because when you just leave and don't return for several months or years without saying anything people think you're dead, hence why that verbiage exists.

You've been here over a year already. Longer than most people here.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Some of them are actually gonna take a break or leave soon because the popular members have left so there's nothing to fill that void that they want.

I know that. I just think a lot more people are going to make posts that they're leaving just to annoy people. I understand that some people have to, and just want to let their friends now. I respect that. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I would tend to agree with GhostWindGamer, a status update seems like enough to me (who am I to say really, I'm relatively new as well), but members wouldn't be so frustrated about these posts if the people leaving didn't all do it within such a short time span. I'm sure when they saw others leaving it just felt like a natural time to move on, but then people will perceive it as a "trend" or a "stupid fad" even though it is simply people making sure there aren't any questions about why they aren't posting on the forum anymore.

It really isn't enough. Many people don't add others a ton.

A lot of us have spent hundreds/thousands of hours on the forum, and have become used to seeing each other. So I agree with builder, that it is kind of presumptuous to speak for the forum when you are fairly new here. So I really am okay with people posting when they leave. Doesn't bother me a bit.

making this topic doesn't really help either tbh

LET EM KNOW FRITO-LAY

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

It does suck seeing some familiar faces go. For the newbies this isn't a big deal, but for others it is. Older members can start to lose their enjoyment for this board and leave themselves. 

Awhile back, I left for a few months because the vibe was no longer fun. It was too much fighting over politics and not exactly enjoyable. Even now, the more I see console gamers dumped on and PC Master Race type stuff posted, the less I feel compelled to stick around. Vibes like that make me want to leave sometimes. Not just PC vs consoles stuff, but that general attitude.Some instances with some members and subjects, LTT feels like a cross between Tumblr and a middle school playground. I'm not leaving, there are faces I enjoy seeing around the forum like @MyInnerFred @LukaP @TheSLSAMG @Jumper118 @tmcclelland455 @Fooshi @coolkingler1 @Thorium19 @DigitalHermit @DEcobra11 just to name a few. There are more, but I'm too tired right now to go into extravagant detail.

All I'm saying is sometimes, not everything is rainbows and butterfly sprinkles. I can see the reasoning behind taking a leave. Some have reasons such as school which is a high priority. Others may feel no longer welcomed and leave based on that.

It does suck seeing some familiar faces go. For the newbies this isn't a big deal, but for others it is. Older members can start to lose their enjoyment for this board and leave themselves. 

Awhile back, I left for a few months because the vibe was no longer fun. It was too much fighting over politics and not exactly enjoyable. Even now, the more I see console gamers dumped on and PC Master Race type stuff posted, the less I feel compelled to stick around. Vibes like that make me want to leave sometimes. Not just PC vs consoles stuff, but that general attitude.Some instances with some members and subjects, LTT feels like a cross between Tumblr and a middle school playground. I'm not leaving, there are faces I enjoy seeing around the forum like @MyInnerFred @LukaP @TheSLSAMG @Jumper118 @tmcclelland455 @Fooshi @coolkingler1 @Thorium19 @DigitalHermit @DEcobra11 just to name a few. There are more, but I'm too tired right now to go into extravagant detail.

All I'm saying is sometimes, not everything is rainbows and butterfly sprinkles. I can see the reasoning behind taking a leave. Some have reasons such as school which is a high priority. Others may feel no longer welcomed and leave based on that.

I do think that @helping has a point, it has been harder and harder to find quality content.

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying though.

why am I not in that list :(

jk

I'm going to put it simple. We. Don't. Care. Make a status update so you friends know but the rest of us don't care! I have seen three today and have concluded it to be a stupid trend that @Askew started. So please for crying out loud just stop!

Ok I'm going to throw this in quite a few of us don't care as a few people have mentioned that they do care

Let's be honest here, Askew didn't start it. It was definitely PCB that started the leaving trend. I mean, he/she/it left a number of times

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Who's PCB? Also I'm sure it isn't a trend... I "left" bc I'm tired of some bs or stupid posts...

PCB = PCBudgetSolutions. He was the first to make a big deal about leaving as far as I'm aware, it was a while ago now though

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

-magic snip-

I'm flattered...

I was but a newbie a few months back... I immediately found some interesting people like @Builder, @AlwaysFSX, @Mooshi, @MyInnerFred, @helping, @LukaP, @cae, and @DEcobra11. There are also people who I was at odds with like @othertomperson and sometimes @Trik'Stari... Even though I got into arguments and such, I was able to enjoy and learn from these people and other people on the forums... This is probably the only forum where I can be myself without facing too much consequence, so if possible, I'd be staying for as long as I can... (or until the community wants me to leave)

Yea, just make a private status update, or just leave...I don't really understand why these people are but anyway. Don't have to leave, just not be on it as much...

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

You know what? I don't care that you don't care!

You know what? I don't care that you don't care!

Clearly you care enough to not care about me not caring :D

Funny topic because if that was the case, you obviously cared enough to talk about it. 

ZsYhzae.gif

Not exactly. Making this thread shows that he cares about not being bothered with people leaving. He doesn't actually care about the people leaving, but he cares about not wanting them to make threads about it. 

Clearly you care enough to not care about me not caring :D

I don't care enough for you thinking I care enough when I said I didn't care enough

Wazam, pow.

I don't care enough for you thinking I care enough when I said I didn't care enough

Wazam, pow.

You win :D

You win :D

Good! Now I get another Internet discussion victory point, with enough points I can get a prize!

I Want the roller-skates....

You guys are stuck with me for the foreseeable future.

Suck it up, buttercups.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Ugh...

@OP, I hope you realize that some people on this forum are close friends. Have you ever lost a friend IRL? I have. I lost my best friend when he moved to NJ, it was pretty devestating.

Now, would you like it if your best friend moved to some obscure country without even so much as hinting to you about it? Because apparently your thread is stating that people should just leave with a tiny hint. NO. Some of us are great friends and it's sad to see them leave.

Good day.

I would rather have threads about members leaving than threads about people bitching.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?