Odd things you do when you are driving

RevoltTrain

What are some odd / abnormal things you do while driving?

Personally, I headbang while driving. (I listen almost exclusively to Heavy Metal)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

When my dad takes the wheel,  he constantly checks the parking brake to make sure it's down. Like an irrational amount.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I know not many people do it, but I pay attention. So strange, eh?

Odour remarks theme is just like mine. BUT YOU ENETERED THE POST BUTTON BEFORE ME!

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg

Driving is serious shit son.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

When my dad takes the wheel,  he constantly checks the parking brake to make sure it's down. Like an irrational amount.

Why..? I see no point of doing that if the vehicle is moving.

I have to have my elbow out the window, and I have to drive with 1 hand. 2 hands makes my arms get tired and it also makes me drive less straight.

Also I must have music.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Listen for vehicles in my blind spot, instead of looking... (<-- I only do this when I need to pay attention to multiple areas at the same time...)

Driving with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the stick...

Use the steering wheel as a drum pad when in heavy traffic...

Use intuition when night-blind...

Listen for vehicles in my blind spot, instead of looking... (<-- I only do this when I need to pay attention to multiple areas at the same time...)

Driving with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the stick...

Use the steering wheel as a drum pad when in heavy traffic...

Use intuition when night-blind...

#onehandeddrivingmasterrace

#steeringwheeldrumpadmasterrace

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i usually fall asleep.....

i check to speedometer to often for no reason.

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

sometimes i sing

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I suck ass whit a stick, like so bad I focus so much in not screwing the shifts and croch that I forgot basic stuff like headlights and signal lights, though that's because I have driven manual for like a week then go straight to automatic since then so the time I have to drive someone's car whit a stick I suck at which is why i try to stay away from it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I know not many people do it, but I pay attention. So strange, eh?

When I am driving, I keep my eyes straight on the road.

Same here. I did only start driving 3 days ago though. :)

I tend to stall because I am 14 and learning to drive in a paddock

Same here. I did only start driving 3 days ago though. :)

I've got around 15k miles from the short amount of time I've been driving and it is amazing how many people I think should have their licenses revoked. So many idiots on the road.

using the indicators

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Why..? I see no point of doing that if the vehicle is moving.

Exactly. That's why it's an odd thing. It gets completely annoying too. Seriously when I'm shotgunning, every 3 min I see his hand push down on the hand brake. 

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Exactly. That's why it's an odd thing. It gets completely annoying too. Seriously when I'm shotgunning, every 3 min I see his hand push down on the hand brake. 

I'd have probably snapped at him already.

I've got around 15k miles from the short amount of time I've been driving and it is amazing how many people I think should have their licenses revoked. So many idiots on the road.

Yeah, thankfully they can change...if they will work at it.

I am not and will not become one of those drivers. :)

Blowjob. 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Yeah, thankfully they can change...if they will work at it.

I am not and will not become one of those drivers. :)

The one thing I've learned so far is that people don't change.

Blowjob. 

How can you keep your eyes of the road if your head is under the dash?

I suck ass whit a stick, like so bad I focus so much in not screwing the shifts and croch that I forgot basic stuff like headlights and signal lights, though that's because I have driven manual for like a week then go straight to automatic since then so the time I have to drive someone's car whit a stick I suck at which is why i try to stay away from it

There's a technique/excercise that my driver's ed instructor taught me... Do this (while safely stopped) at a flat section of the road or at a slight incline... (Find an empty parking lot you can practice in)

1. Put the stick to neutral and fully press on the clutch and brake pedal.
  2. Put the stick to first gear, keep the clutch and brake fully pressed.
  3. Slowly lift the clutch (while the brake is still fully pressed) until you feel the car rumble (Tachometer should read around 600rpm on a car that idles at 1000rpm, but it's better to get a feel for how the car's engine responds). Keep the engine from stalling using slight adjustments with the clutch.
  4. Release the brake and maintain your speed. Try to keep the engine from stalling using only the clutch.

You and me both... I've been driving around for only a few years and I've gotten my share of near-misses... They're usually caused by some idiot suddenly stopping for no reason, or suddenly cutting/changing lanes for no reason...