Why I'll Never Put You On Ignore (why my ignore list is empty)

Builder

I may leave debates, make mistakes, screw shit up, get tired of debating, take breaks from the forum, but I will never, ever, put you on ignore. Here's why.

Regardless of what light you may hold me in I believe I have an obligation to the community not to put anyone in my ignore preferences. I don't appreciate seeing people do it to me because it feeds their confirmation bias. I realize I'm not an entirely agreeable person but this is who I am and it's not changing. The only way to stay confident in your beliefs is to constantly subject them to debate and reexamine them. Ignoring people that would allow me to do that more effectively is contrary to my personal credo and the morals I uphold in regards to objectivity.

I encourage you and others to do the same but I understand it's a lot to ask for some of you.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Wait, we have an ignore option?!

im just happy that we dont have a down vote function like some forums

Amen

tumblr_inline_mf7xwcqUjD1ry4qim.gif

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Pretty sure i've worked my way onto some people's ignore list...

If you are offended by what someone says, then stop posting in the thread and move on.

-people-pic-1343654100.jpgstephen-fry-offended.jpg

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Well-spoken, and by comparing and contrasting your opinion with those of others you will end up with a much more informed opinion, and do the same for those with which you debate.

I've butted heads with few members in the past, some of which made me envy those who smashed their heads against a brick wall. BUT objectivism is a good thing for discussion. Sometimes you get a whole new perspective (other times you will forever see the other person as full of bovine poo). We've butted heads before and also agreed to things as well. As of Oct 1st 2014, there is only one member on my ignore list. Just one. Mainly because they tend to spew anti America crap every single opportunity and this tasteless type of posting the forum can do without, at least when I'm personally viewing it.

we have had one since the beginning of time.

How? :o

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

post-4438-0-66299800-1412216756_thumb.jp

Already ahead of you. ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Mainly because they tend to spew anti America crap every single opportunity and this tasteless type of posting the forum can do without, at least when I'm personally viewing it.

Sounds like me according to Trik...

If you don't mind me asking, whom is it?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The only perosn I see you blocking is Trik' Stari, but you seem to enjoy arguing with him though so.........

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

The only perosn I see you blocking is Trik' Stari, but you seem to enjoy arguing with him though so.........

I don't enjoy it. Sometimes he just goes too far though.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I don't enjoy it. Sometimes he just goes too far though.

Your not even a liberal- classical that is- you are clearly a progressive.

No offence but thats what I pick up from your posts

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

ok now, let's stay on topic and not derail this into an ironic political debate

How is it a debate? This is merely a discussion among friends.

just using past knowledge. "discussions" more often than not end up in heated debates from my knowledge on LTT

We are civilized and classy people, Builder and I, therefore we would absolutely never tarnish a discussion with anything more than a friendly debate among friends. Now in random threads its fair game though.

I'm very quick to add people to my ignore list or block them. I don't have anyone here on my ignore list (because frankly, I think that's only so people cannot contact me personally) but on many sites I have no qualms about blocking or ignoring other users.

Here's my reasoning:

I don't care if I'm called out about being incorrect about something. I'll stand corrected if I make a mistake, and I think it's really stupid to block or ignore someone for correcting me. It's when I find something to be offensive that I go ahead and block someone. I also block people for spam, but that's a different story. I don't tolerate anything I find offensive. For example, a personal attack directed towards me would be where I draw the line. Call me a dick, it doesn't make any difference to me.

And honestly, I really don't care if anyone blocks me. I couldn't care less.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

By the way @LOLZpersonok I don't remember you but I apologize for whatever it was I think...

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Did you really come here just to say that? More insults? More trolling?

Compared to your entire thread doing the same thing, in a manner not directly stating so? yes.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Compared to your entire thread doing the same thing, in a manner not directly stating so? yes.

This is your perception only. Not everyone here thinks that.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This is your perception only. Not everyone here thinks that.

Your second post on this very thread, mere minutes after a thread where we were having a debate gets deleted, one in which I stated that I have you on ignore (which is not the first time I've stated it openly)

|

V

Sounds like me according to Trik...

If you don't mind me asking, whom is it?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs