Corsair 900D Unforgiven - The Metallica Build

Very nice :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Well, to sum it up:

Dat detail...

dat copper...

dat everything... :D

thumb.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

The question is... will a death metal growl turn it on? Or a sick guitar solo?

How well does it cool?

Congratulations voice. You finally completed this. Rockers and Copper enthusiasts will be proud :)

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You know that feeling you get when you finish your favorite tv show that you've been watching non stop for the past month? The lost feeling - that you don't know what to do with your life anymore? That's what I'm getting. A truly amazing build. It's awesome to see it finally completed but also so sad. Congratulations mate on creating such a masterpiece.

I know what you mean. when your in a build everyone is saying ( I can't wait to see you finish this)  I can, then I have to find something else to do.  It's been a great ride. I'll have to start doing some promoting in different circles to help pay back my sponsors, but I enjoy that anyway. Thanks guys!

I know what you mean. when your in a build everyone is saying ( I can't wait to see you finish this) I can, then I have to find something else to do. It's been a great ride. I'll have to start doing some promoting in different circles to help pay back my sponsors, but I enjoy that anyway. Thanks guys!

I have noting but the utmost respect and I some day hope to get into modding . You've inspired me :)

Dsgreek your an aussie, you were born to Mod.!  Just start out with something you think would make your case look cool ( to You ) and have fun with it. Learning new skills is the  greatest part of modding.  Thanks for the kind words!

Dsgreek your an aussie, you were born to Mod.!  Just start out with something you thing would make your case look cool ( to You ) and have fun with it. Learning new skills is the  greatest part of modding.  Thanks for the kind words!

Wise words! I'm probably gonna annoy about 109 subscribers to this topic by posting something that doesn't have a pic of your fantastic case in it, but why haven't you been featured on the build of the week section yet? :P

Wise words! I'm probably gonna annoy about 109 subscribers to this topic by posting something that doesn't have a pic of your fantastic case in it, but why haven't you been featured on the build of the week section yet? :P

They don't often include them on builds of the week until they're complete ^_^ This build only finished recently.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Dsgreek your an aussie, you were born to Mod.! Just start out with something you thing would make your case look cool ( to You ) and have fun with it. Learning new skills is the greatest part of modding. Thanks for the kind words!

Feeling proud. Thank you :) what would be a good case to start modding in?

Excuse me, I need to go change my pants...

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Dsgreek- I was looking at your parts list - Do you have these parts or is this what your planning to buy? In particular do you already have the 750D?  Secondly what is the main usage that you are building for? We all multitask, but we all have something's that  we really want our Rigs to excel at the most. Like Gaming, Folding at home, Multimedia?  The people on this forum have really good suggestions and I'm sure we can give you some ideas.  One last thought,  do you have a computer to use while your building this new one?  And how quick would you like to have it complete.  I modded my 800D while I was still using it and that was a real pain, because I had to get it back in operation at the end of every day! This build was mush more pleasurable because I didn't have to use it while I worked on the Mod.  Let us know what you think and we will start fine tuning some Ideas here.

You've gotta post a few pics and a video showing the coolant. Please.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I Modded myself into a corner by making the Copper EK emblem for the reservoir. I am using Mayhems Ultra Pure H 20 which has a very low electrical conductivity because all the minerals are removed. So should I get a leak, there is less chance of shorting stuff out.  So at the most I would have to use a translucent fluid, or I would loose the cool effect of the tubing rings magnifying thru the Res.  I do Love colored fluids, but everyone Is already doing that and the only place that the fluid is visible is in the reservoir.  I may try some light coloring one of these days?  That's my story and I'm stickin to it!   

s6qv.jpg

Dsgreek- I was looking at your parts list - Do you have these parts or is this what your planning to buy? In particular do you already have the 750D? Secondly what is the main usage that you are building for? We all multitask, but we all have something's that we really want our Rigs to excel at the most. Like Gaming, Folding at home, Multimedia? The people on this forum have really good suggestions and I'm sure we can give you some ideas. One last thought, do you have a computer to use while your building this new one? And how quick would you like to have it complete. I modded my 800D while I was still using it and that was a real pain, because I had to get it back in operation at the end of every day! This build was mush more pleasurable because I didn't have to use it while I worked on the Mod. Let us know what you think and we will start fine tuning some Ideas here.

Well, unfortunately my upcomg build has pretty much been halted because of issues with the money, I'm just gonna put together a straight gaming build on a budget and see how stuff goes from there. I'm hoping to find an easy to mod and work in case and do some basic stuff to it. Besides a stupid amount of multitasking,its mainly gaming. The problem is that I've got no idea where to start D:

Well once I throw together my budget rig ( 6300 and 270),I'll slowly upgrade and once I'm don't with all my upgrades ( to my satisfaction) I'll figure out which case would be good for my space situation ( I've got a 1600mm desk,1.6 m) and im doing a full cleanout to make space for everything.

The new corsair 230t in gray or other colors looks great for 70 or 80 bucks. An affordable case is a great place to start modding if you make a mistake it's better that it's not a 500 dollar case. And you could up grade the case itself latter if you want more room.

http://www.corsair.com/us/pc-cases/graphite-series-pc-case/graphite-series-230t-windowed-compact-mid-tower-case-battleship-grey.html

If you like another brand, I can look at other options?  I'm sponsored by Corsair, but I'm a fan boy for them anyway.  The main  point, if you want to start doing some Mods an affordable case is a great place to start and I have been hearing a lot of good comments on these cases.

ousg.png

The new corsair 230t in gray or other colors looks great for 70 or 80 bucks. An affordable case is a great place to start modding if you make a mistake it's better that it's not a 500 dollar case. And you could up grade the case itself latter if you want more room.

http://www.corsair.com/us/pc-cases/graphite-series-pc-case/graphite-series-230t-windowed-compact-mid-tower-case-battleship-grey.html

If you like another brand, I can look at other options? I'm sponsored by Corsair, but I'm a fan boy for them anyway. The main point, if you want to start doing some Mods an affordable case is a great place to start and I have been hearing a lot of good comments on these cases.

ousg.png

Thanks :) I'll be sure to give it a look :D Thank you onevoicewild for the suggestions and Absolutely Godly mod !

Thanks :) I'll be sure to give it a look :D Thank you onevoicewild for the suggestions and Absolutely Godly mod !

Also consider the NZXT Tempest or Source lines. The most expensive Source is 90 bucks, and it's essentially a Phantom 530 with a much less flashy exterior and no fan controller.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

*Jaw Drops* 

I just went through this whole build log and not once found myself bored, this build is amazing and the attention to detail is incredible. I found myself laughing at the insanity of it, this is an astounding build.

*Fixes jaw and finally goes to sleep realizing he has to wake up in 6 hours*

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

This build is truly epic, Mod on man \m/ 

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

*Jaw Drops* 

I just went through this whole build log and not once found myself bored, this build is amazing and the attention to detail is incredible. I found myself laughing at the insanity of it, this is an astounding build.

*Fixes jaw and finally goes to sleep realizing he has to wake up in 6 hours*

Thanks everyone for the kind words, The people on this forum are very supportive, All that and alpenwasser thrown in for free!

Nkucz I'm glad I could be part of ruining your sleep!  I really appreciate what you said.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm boring people to sleep, instead of keeping them up. lol

Well here is the update from the Asus rush for the Gold case modding contest.  We finished 3rd.  I am very happy with that and thanks for your votes.  I was surrounded by Asus logoed class builds and Coolmaster was one of the sponsors. considering the pictures I entered were of an unfinished case, I did very well!  In the end the Judges voted fairly. 

rc3f.png

We one a Asus GTX 770 Cu graphics card. woot  The little devil on my left shoulder is telling me to keep the card! but the Angel on my right shoulder Is telling me to do the right thing and offer the card to Sam over in England. Sam did most of the design and all the rendering and I would have never have gotten sponsored if not for the strength of his renderings.  So I have offered it to him.

oj3v.png

I'll add just a few more pictures when I get a better camera in my hands.  This shiny case is hard to take pictures of. If I add to much light, all I get is reflections of the lights. to little light and I lose the fine details. These first world problems are just terrible. lol  thanks guys and Gals

• 2 weeks later...

First off I finally weighed the case at 87 pounds.  Heavy enough I could pick it up, but I'd rather not. 
I borrowed a better camera to get closeup's and shot's inside the case. This shiny case is a bit of
a pain to photograph.  If you get enough light on it to bring out the detail, you get bad reflections.
These last pic's are high def so they are a little slow to open. I appreciate everyone following the 
build and this will be the final entry unless something big happens.  I'm going to give it a shot to 
see if I can get it in any magazines.  It's a longshot considering how many good builds
are out there, But out of respect for my sponsors I'll give it a go and see if I can get Lucky.

3j4p.jpg

pjhe.jpg

u4ww.jpg

2ypl.jpg 

8b5p.jpg

6y0j.jpg

aarm.jpg

gu7i.jpg 

u4t8.jpg

wklz.jpg

rz6l.jpg