Corsair 900D Unforgiven - The Metallica Build

Simply amazing.

Have you seen the whole show of Metallica playing in Antarctica?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

You should send this to Metallica if you haven't already. I'd say it's worth their time to take a look at this. They love fan stuff anyway!

Dude that Ram looks beastly! Actually screw that, this whole case is beastly. Very well done, you have channelled your inner rock to make something spectacular!

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Thanks everyone! I'll check out that Antarctica concert. 1 of my favorites is them in Moscow, the crowd is just wild.

helicopters flying around and military rocking out.

We have tweeted this to them before and some of our early renderings were featured on their fan page master of Pancakes.

Thanks for checking it out!  

Hey we got a nice little inclusion on the Corsair Blog for 2013 the year in system mods 
Funny I used to be a quite reserved person before I stated this build. Me and Sam were laughing that I'd become a media Whore!  Guilty

I had to do a lot of posting to get this thing off the ground financially, Along with the help of some good people, But along the way this happened to me. lol 

http://www.corsair.c...eflections-2013

Some of our featured builds are very polarizing in their appeal while others are polarizing in their theme.

The Metallica themed "Unforgiven" 900D build by onevoicewild certainly sparked a huge debate on our Facebook page.

The Metallica fans, the Megadeth fans, and loads of other metal heads came out of the woodworks to voice their opinion

on both the case and their favorite band. This sort of passion for music and for custom PCs is really cool.

You just don't see this with other types of music or computers. Let's face it, no one is doing ABBA themed MAC build

although that seems strangely appropriate. Someone will probably do it now that I've said it.

agdc.png

lol an abba themed mac

I would maybe do an eluveitie, amon amarth or the agonist build if I had the chance to make it as awesome as your pc. 

damn.

Worlds coolest computer!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone - Me and Sam are starting to work on our initial ideas for our next build.
Sam Kicked out this quickie render while we were talking over ideas.

I have some huge news to tell you shortly, but I need to make sure it's finalized before I let it out ( tease ha ha )

jzuc.jpg

Megadeth build!

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

If you can get a good paint job on it amon amarth could be a great base for a build. Vikings, metal, and computer what more could you ask for?

Allow me to counter that suggestion. An Alestorm build would be awesome, especially if you play a lot of AC4.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Everyone has an opinion! I ran into a just started build log on another forum for an
Iron Maiden dual case build,from a guy in Brazil. They have a really cool looking Logo.
I'm not sure if I'll do anything that I have to worry about copy right infringement.
We can do tributes to games, movies or bands, but you can't sell them. Not that I would
ever want to sell Metallica. I still look over and can't believe It's mine, I think
someone else built it while I was dreaming.

wwaz.jpg

Here is his Render of it. I really like the design. This could be pretty cool

fc25.jpg

wow he planning to stack two haf xm (or whatever the name is :P) that cool

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

That is cool! if I'm not mistaken that makes it a whole xm

LoL! :-p

Iron Maiden gives you a lot of options regarding "garnish", the somewhere in time album artwork could be a good place to look for inspiration! But with the level of fine detail in the Maiden artwork, I would enlist the help of a 3D printer :-p can't wait to see what you will come up with!

LoL! :-p

Iron Maiden gives you a lot of options regarding "garnish", the somewhere in time album artwork could be a good place to look for inspiration! But with the level of fine detail in the Maiden artwork, I would enlist the help of a 3D printer :-p can't wait to see what you will come up with!

if he keeps with the stacked haf XBs then he could try to fit a powerslave pyramid on top

Another epic band build? :wub: Can't wait.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys- apparently they don't do build of the month around here anymore ha ha oh well I have other Irons in the fire. For those Modders that want to be sponsored

there is a price! one I'm glad to pay at the risk of your boredom. lol Sponsorship is a business deal. They provide parts, I make the parts look good and promote

their products. If you get lucky enough to get sponsored once and you don't hold up your end of the deal that will be the end of it. But not only that, it hurts

future unknown modders, because manufacturers get tired of getting burned by people with big plans that don't deliver on there part of the deal. That is why you see

the big names again and again, those builders have proven results. I am an unknown and was very fortunate to get the chance to prove I could deliver. I'm still

working on that. The big news I mentioned is still a couple of weeks out until I can be sure it's for sure. Until then we got a featured Mod and Interview on

Modders Inc and they were Kind enough to mention my sponsors. Thanks guys ,I'll be back soon.

http://www.modders-inc.com/unforgiven-metallica-tribute-case-mod/

Hey guys- apparently they don't do build of the month around here anymore

It will be back I've been told, they're currently revising the system (might

be a while though).

And agreed, sponsorship is a two-way street, not just 'Yay free parts!'.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I was wondering, I finally get my build done and hoping maybe just maybe I might make the cut and then they quit doing it? It takes a whole lot of people and work

to run a big forum like this. I have been recommending Linus tech forums to people, mainly because of how great the people are here. And once they come over the find the same thing I did! great place to share each others work.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok now I can let everyone know whats happened. The Metallica Tribute Build won CPU Magazine's Mad Reader Mod of the month

and got the cover. I didn't expect to get the cover, because of CES just going down. There would be to many shiny things to put

on the cover besides us.  I'm totally honored to get this, because there are so many incredible builders out there.  They wrote up a

nice article and mentioned all my sponsors and the people that helped me out. thanks to everyone here for following!

http://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalEditions/Default.aspx

5c9l.png

Ok now I can let everyone know whats happened. The Metallica Tribute Build won CPU Magazine's Mad Reader Mod of the month

and got the cover. I didn't expect to get the cover, because of CES just going down. There would be to many shiny things to put

on the cover besides us.  I'm totally honored to get this, because there are so many incredible builders out there.  They wrote up a

nice article and mentioned all my sponsors and the people that helped me out. thanks to everyone here for following!

http://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalEditions/Default.aspx

-snip-

Congratulations!

You thoroughly deserve it :)

Congrats! Your build is the most completely modded I think i've ever seen. 

Just curious about what you think of this band. They quickly reached my favorite thrash metal band

Their pretty good for that style of music, It's a little heavier than I usually listen to.  I just noticed you live in Texas, I used to live in Harlingen down by Brownsville.  I'm south of OKC now.  Boring around here, but I'm either working or modding or goofing around on the computer so it doesn't really matter anyway.