AMD Readying Two New 20nm Cards To Go against Maxwell, 380X Will Take on 980, 390X Will Take on Titan 2 / 980 Ti

CarlosRex

Honestly I might even buy one of amds new cards when they come out if they can beat nvidia in raw power and sustain similar decibel levels. I couldn't care less about heat or power consumption. I'm about to water cool my computer on a custom setup after these new GPUs are released. Freedom here I come!

Do bear in mind that an announcement like this favours AMD massively from a business standpoint, and as seen here, it's making a lot of people reconsider buying a 970 in order to wait for what AMD has to offer.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Well it is a die shrink, and a lot of things change with something like that. As we have seen with the last gen of nvidia cards.

Do bear in mind that an announcement like this favours AMD massively from a business standpoint, and as seen here, it's making a lot of people reconsider buying a 970 in order to wait for what AMD has to offer.

AMD will release something that slightly beats or matches the 980/970 for a better price. Nvidia will release something that beats AMD........rinse and repeat!
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I would not be surprised If they come out with better performance than 980/970. I mean, they're months behind. Hopefully, Nvidia add more gas to the GPU wars by announcing the new Titan/ti the next day. lol 

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

That would be amazing for us consumers lol. I would love to see Intel announce their new titan so to speak, and the day after amd to announce their 390x or whatever it will be called. Side note, think the will come out with a 360 lol?

That would be amazing for us consumers lol. I would love to see Intel announce their new titan so to speak, and the day after amd to announce their 390x or whatever it will be called. Side note, think the will come out with a 360 lol?

I didn't know that Intel also has TITAN products. :|

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

I didn't know that Intel also has TITAN products. :|

Yeah, my bad. Trying to read and post on here while trying to research some Intel info. I definitely meant nvidia -_-

At this point it's only a rumor though.

Actually since they are 20 nm cards. Don't be suprised when they absolutely destroy maxell in the best and power department.

You can only push architecture so far, smaller Transistors will really step up the game thou.

That is only if AMD went after any architectural efficiency improvements. And don't forget Maxwell will be getting a 20nm refresh too in mid 2015 (yes this was already confirmed on Nvidia's roadmap months ago).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hopefully AMD doesn't do the same thing they did last time and have their partners wait a whole freaking month before non-reference coolers come to market.

Nvidia's 980 and 970 launch has been one of the best launches I've experienced yet.

Though, they leaks suggest it will be a AIO for the 390x

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

odds are they will beat Maxwell here going by their track record and the fact that they are releasing a new architecture on a new process node. nvidia probably knows this too but are Ok with it because they have 5 months head start to sell loads of GPUs at high margins.

Why is it ever interesting when amd and nvidia have cards are close in performance... they're both made by tsmc.  I expect them to be neck and neck for the forseable future untill they stop using the same company to make their dies. Why is amd not neck and neck with intel... because their chips arent made in the same factory. I know its an oversimplification but really... its never interesting that amd cards and nvidia card are neck and neck.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Was super excited. Then saw WCCFTech......

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I thought the current 980 is basically the Ti... Fully unlocked...?

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

If you look closely at that picture, on the Sapphire poster thing, it says "R9 285". All those coolers look like the coolers used for the 285. If anyone is thinking those coolers are for the 300 series, you're probably wrong.

Also I tried following their sources and went through some Russian site then ended up on Digitimes, where they were talking about notebooks or some shit. I'd take this with a grain of salt.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

20nm?  Highly unlikely.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Why?

It's an unnecessary stopgap, and might actually screw up efficiency even more compared to 28nm.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Why the hell do they have to codename the different cores? Why can't they be like Nvidia, name the architecture, and then put varying amounts of Stream processors in them. Jeez AMD, get your shit together.