GTX 970 not as great as I thought :-(

I/O

The difference between a poor OC card and a good OC can be upwards of 20% in performance. That is more than 1 to 2 fps.

20% bwah bwah hhahahahahahah Cited sources to your wild claims ?

Can't you just buy a GPU without making a big deal out of it and go on for days and hate around and just requote other people?!?

I mean it's simple buy it, install it and enjoy it... I can't even understand why you light up on certain things so hard... it's not that you are buying hardware on the bleeding edge of technology... it's just normal hardware. Not that this really interests me what kind of GPU you like or dislike but it's not worth to open threads and troll around and start verbal fights all the time.

Well it's just all this mumbo jumbo going around about OCing and some think that it will make a GPU of the same series perform .... 20% better OC for OC LOL.

20% bwah bwah hhahahahahahah Cited sources to your wild claims ?

Lmao did you read the your own link?
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Lmao did you read the your own link?

It's nowhere near 20% faster than any other GTX 970.

It's nowhere near 20% faster than any other GTX 970.

I said the difference between a poor OC and a good OC can be upwards of 20%. More than 1-2fps. That is common sense and if you OC and benched ever you would know that.

Sigh you make it seem like every card is massively different when they are massively the same. Reality is no matter what 970 one trys to OC they are all going to perform within 2 or 3fps of each other. The G1 does not add 10fps over other 970s. 

Wrong. My 780TIs perform much less than an average OC'd EVGA variant. More in the range of 8-10 fps. There are plenty of reviews showing the same thing with the 970, not sure why you are so blind.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

I said the difference between a poor OC and a good OC can be upwards of 20%. More than 1-2fps. That is common sense and if you OC and benched ever you would know that.

All GTX 970s gain about 10fps when OCed to the max at around 1450 to 1500Mhz and all GTX 970 are within a few frames of each other depending on factory clocks they come with. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/16 I think you are overestimating OCing.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    

Wrong. My 780TIs perform much less than an average OC'd EVGA variant. More in the range of 8-10 fps. There are plenty of reviews showing the same thing with the 970, not sure why you are so blind.

I don't think you understood. I said that when all GTX 970s are OCed to the max which is about 1450 to 1500Mhz they will all be in the same ball park.

All GTX 970s gain about 10fps when OCed to the max at around 1450 to 1500Mhz and all GTX 970 are within a few frames of each other depending on factory clocks they come with. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/16 I think you are overestimating OCing.

This guy right here, is truly the LTT clown. You lack any knowledge on this subject. That is very clear. Im taking the advice of others and just ignoring you from now on lol

This guy right here, is truly the LTT clown. You lack any knowledge on this subject. That is very clear. Im taking the advice of others and just ignoring you from now on lol

Ok you still have not proved anything. You state and fail to provide evidence that a Gigabyte G1 970 can go far and above the performance of all other 970s. Fact is all 970s get to close to the same OC mark of between 1450 and 1500Mhz and they are all massivly similar in performance. The G1 is not magic man LOL. You trying to claim that ... " A Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 is 20% faster" is BOLLOCKS !

Ok you still have not proved anything. You state and fail to provide evidence that a Gigabyte G1 970 can go far and above the performance of all other 970s. Fact is all 970s get to close to the same OC mark of between 1450 and 1500Mhz and they are all massivly similar in performance. The G1 is not magic man LOL.

But its proven that the 970 outperforms the 290 by a wide enough margin to make it superior, especially at the same cost. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/16 proves that. So just go ahead and mark this as solved, kthx.

Ok you still have not proved anything. You state and fail to provide evidence that a Gigabyte G1 970 can go far and above the performance of all other 970s. Fact is all 970s get to close to the same OC mark of between 1450 and 1500Mhz and they are all massivly similar in performance. The G1 is not magic man LOL.

It has a higher stock tdp actually. That is why the G1 gets higher clcoks on average because it doesn't hit the tdp like the others. I dont expect u to understand any of that though.

It has a higher stock tdp actually. That is why the G1 gets higher clcoks on average because it doesn't hit the tdp like the others. I dont expect u to understand any of that though.

But its proven that the 970 outperforms the 290 by a wide enough margin to make it superior, especially at the same cost. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/16 proves that. So just go ahead and mark this as solved, kthx.

That's what I originally thought but this only speaks for stock clocked cards. OC for OC they are very very similar in performance as indicated in the LTT video which is found in the OP in this thread. Trust me it pissed me off.

So tack on another couple of FPS on the max OC for Max OC and call her a day. GTX 970s @ 1500Mhz perform the same no matter what but for the 970s like the STRIX that only go up to aroun 1450Mhz max you can deduct a couple of FPS that's all.

This is I/O guys. You know how he is when it comes to GPUs. Don't forget this before posting.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

That's what I originally thought but this only speaks for stock clocked cards. OC for OC they are very very similar in performance as indicated in the LTT video which is found in the OP in this thread. Trust me it pissed me off.

Here i was pointed to a review by some members on the OCN forum. This is a good comparison all with good OC cards. You can even see the reviews published earlier for each individual card before the 970 was even a thought.

http://www.reviewstudio.net/2028-asus-gtx-970-strix-oc-review-bring-the-maxwell-to-the-owl/performance

post-107732-0-45694500-1412027321_thumb.

post-107732-0-93556300-1412027329_thumb.

post-107732-0-19016900-1412027343_thumb.

post-107732-0-03287500-1412027347_thumb.

post-107732-0-80367400-1412027349_thumb.

post-107732-0-36351900-1412027352_thumb.

I just sent back my driver wrecked, crappy, low FPS, unoptimized, CPU bottlenecking, 750Watt PSU destroying, youtube bluescreening, crap video pixilating, r9 290 for a refund so I can buy a GTX 970. 

I just sent back my driver wrecked, crappy, low FPS, unoptimized, CPU bottlenecking, 750Watt PSU destroying, youtube bluescreening, crap video pixilating, r9 290 for a refund so I can buy a GTX 970. 

It's a good side grade when OCing comes into play. Seem you are having issues I think you might be infected with malware and viruses. No AMD was not the malware and viruses LOL.

Here i was pointed to a review by some members on the OCN forum. This is a good comparison all with good OC cards. You can even see the reviews published earlier for each individual card before the 970 was even a thought.

http://www.reviewstudio.net/2028-asus-gtx-970-strix-oc-review-bring-the-maxwell-to-the-owl/performance

That is a really great article. Good post.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah, OC for OC 970 wins.