GTX 970 not as great as I thought :-(

I/O

Yeah, OC for OC 970 wins.

What I thought then tuned into LTT and the difference is negligible at best ;-(

It's a good side grade when OCing comes into play. Seem you are having issues I think you might be infected with malware and viruses. No AMD was not the malware and viruses LOL.

That doesn't really make sense considering that when I switched back to my GTX 650 I've had no problems...

That doesn't really make sense considering that when I switched back to my GTX 650 I've had no problems...

Please do not feed the trolls.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Please do not feed the trolls.

Please leave the thread troll !

There's the problem. If you don't use Driver Sweeper when switching from nvidia to AMD GPUs you are asking for trouble.

There's the problem. If you don't use Driver Sweeper when switching from nvidia to AMD GPUs you are asking for trouble.

I've switched between the two over 4 years with no Driver Sweeper and no OS reinstalls and have had no problems.  Just uninstall the right way.  For AMD you have to uninstall the Install Manager first before uninstalling the driver.  I went from a GTX 460 to  a GTX 670, HD 7950, 2x HD 7950 to a GTX 970.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I can't believe I read half of this. Good points were made for both cards, but if you don't look at the reviews and see the numbers then why post this. I got the 970 MSI twin frozr this week and I love it. If you really want to buy a card for games and not the card it self then maybe get something like a 750 with a few games attached to it. I wash linus would do non oc card benchmarks too. Maybe then the cards would be more comparable and post like this would not drag on. Buy what you want. All the trash thrown at both the 290 and the 970 is stupid everything has a pro and con. Just get what you think will run the way you want it to. I came from a 550ti so I am happy with what I got. It runs like I want. If I want games I will buy them, I have the money for the card and games separate.

I can't believe I read half of this. Good points were made for both cards, but if you don't look at the reviews and see the numbers then why post this. I got the 970 MSI twin frozr this week and I love it. If you really want to buy a card for games and not the card it self then maybe get something like a 750 with a few games attached to it. I wash linus would do non oc card benchmarks too. Maybe then the cards would be more comparable and post like this would not drag on. Buy what you want. All the trash thrown at both the 290 and the 970 is stupid everything has a pro and con. Just get what you think will run the way you want it to. I came from a 550ti so I am happy with what I got. It runs like I want. If I want games I will buy them, I have the money for the card and games separate.

550ti LOL a Potato would have been an upgrade from  that turd LOL.

550ti LOL a Potato would have been an upgrade from that turd LOL.

Still better than the gpu you have!!

Does he even have a gpu? Lmao

Lol no. He likes to pretend though. He took a picture of a 290 and taped it to his Wii if that counts.

Lol no. He likes to pretend though. He took a picture of a 290 and taped it to his Wii if that counts.

Lel. I really don't understand why he doesn't buy a 290 already, for a long time he's been raving about the 290, and talking crap on every gpu, but hasn't even bought it hahaha. He says shit about my 770, and tells me I should have a got a 290 instead, which I got my 770 months before a 290 released.

Still better than the gpu you have!!

You fail at trolling.

You fail at trolling.

I thought i did pretty good!! ::lol: