GTX 970 not as great as I thought :-(

I/O

This has been proven erroneous time and time again. My power bill also reflects this fact.

Because using more power doesn't affect the power bill. All them folders and miners have been worried for nuthin.

Because using more power doesn't affect the power bill. All them folders and miners have been worried for nuthin.

If you are worried over an increase of around 13cents a month on your power bill then I suggest you to give up on gaming and get another job or two.

Do you have a decent source fo this?

He has one example at least lmao
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

He has one example at least lmao

If you guy's actually read the OP then you will see my findings are based on LTT findings . This is howI came to a logical conclusion based on OC to OC performance and not the 100 or so other publications that offer stock clock results only. Watch the video please.

If you guy's actually read the OP then you will see my findings are based on LTT findings . This is howI came to a logical conclusion based on OC to OC performance and not the 100 or so other publications that offer stock clock results only. Watch the video please.

Truat me.....nothing you say is logical. Lol

Truat me.....nothing you say is logical. Lol

Then you are saying that LTT is lacking in the logic department. See this is where I based my finding on the fact that the 970 is not quite as sweet as I wanted to think it was. I am glad LTT corrected me cause I was blind but now I see.

Then you are saying that LTT is lacking in the logic department. See this is where I based my finding on the fact that the 970 is not quite as sweet as I wanted to think it was. I am glad LTT corrected me cause I was blind but now I see.

So where is your "OC'd 290"?

So where is your "OC'd 290"?

What does that have to do with anything. Why change the subject LOL. Hey man I am going to chill out and play some ESO so TTYL. Peace brotha.

What does that have to do with anything. Why change the subject LOL. Hey man I am going to chill out and play some ESO so TTYL. Peace brotha.

Do you even game bro?

Please stop trolling man LOL.

I dont think you know how to OC. Wait, do you even have a gpu?

I dont think you know how to OC. Wait, do you even have a gpu?

I guess they should make an overlord application like Evolved/Gameworks to take that OCing control away from me as well right LOL.

I guess they should make an overlord application like Evolved/Gameworks to take that OCing control away from me as well right LOL.

They have plenty of those built into mobo's. OC Genie etc.

You cant OC anyway though. Lots of talk and no proof. :lol:

But it overclock like a champ and beat stock 780 Ti/980. DSR, Physx, G-Sync, Shadowplay, MFAA, Gameworks, Ultra stable driver, Lower TDP, F@H like a champ.

It does not beat a 780ti even overclocked.

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

Please stop trolling man LOL.

Just stop.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

Just stop.

Yes I hope you guys stop trolling me. Is uncalled for and not nice. Come on cant we just get along ;-)

There are plenty of reviews showing an OC 970 beating OC 290X. All of our claims are based around a sample size of 1 card. Perhaps the ASUS card that LTT received cannot OC as well as other brands. My ASUS 780TIs don't OC for shit compared to EVGAs but they get the job done. If you want to stay an AMD fanboy and stick with inferior products then go for it, enjoy, no one here cares. The 290 is a decent card just not as good as 970 and thats been proven time and time again by numerous reviewers, some even more reputable than LTT.'

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

There are plenty of reviews showing an OC 970 beating OC 290X. All of our claims are based around a sample size of 1 card. Perhaps the ASUS card that LTT received cannot OC as well as other brands. My ASUS 780TIs don't OC for shit compared to EVGAs but they get the job done. If you want to stay an AMD fanboy and stick with inferior products then go for it, enjoy, no one here cares. The 290 is a decent card just not as good as 970 and thats been proven time and time again by numerous reviewers, some even more reputable than LTT.'

Sigh you make it seem like every card is massively different when they are massively the same. Reality is no matter what 970 one trys to OC they are all going to perform within 2 or 3fps of each other. The G1 does not add 10fps over other 970s. 

But it overclock like a champ and beat stock 780 Ti/980. DSR, Physx, G-Sync, Shadowplay, MFAA, Gameworks, Ultra stable driver, Lower TDP, F@H like a champ.

Overclocking FTW

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

First of all I hope you know this is not an a i5/i7 3/4th, z77, z87 or ddr3. Take that in mind please, oke? Also I am sure you don't own a 4k or even a 5k monitor LoL! To rly see the diference .. So in this case, R290 would be more fun, just becuz of these games and same price as the GTX970, but GTX970 is also nice, rly nice. :) Would like to see it more in action with new drivers. I myslef, would pick the GTX970 just becuz I'm doing small editing and I'm on cuda. BUT right now, PLEASE have some patience and wait 2more months and the price will drop, maybe you will find some even better offers for the GTX970. On di other hand I would like to know what you rly expected from the new GTX970 :P. Is a rly good one tho. ;)

Sigh you make it seem like every card is massively different when they are massively the same. Reality is no matter what 970 one trys to OC they are all going to perform within 2 or 3fps of each other. The G1 does not add 10fps over other 970s.

This statement right here truly shows how much you actually know about GPU's and OC'ing lol.

This statement right here truly shows how much you actually know about GPU's and OC'ing lol.

OK let me reiterate the facts that I base my standing on http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_970_g1_gaming_review,12.html as you can see that the G1 is not miles above any other 970 they are all very very close in performance. The most logical metric to use when choosing a GPU is to get on that has an effective and low noise cooler.

OK let me reiterate the facts that I base my standing on http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_970_g1_gaming_review,12.html as you can see that the G1 is not miles above any other 970 they are all very very close in performance. The most logical metric to use when choosing a GPU is to get on that has an effective and low noise cooler.

The difference between a poor OC card and a good OC can be upwards of 20% in performance. That is more than 1 to 2 fps.

Can't you just buy a GPU without making a big deal out of it and go on for days and hate around and just requote other people?!?

I mean it's simple buy it, install it and enjoy it... I can't even understand why you light up on certain things so hard... it's not that you are buying hardware on the bleeding edge of technology... it's just normal hardware. Not that this really interests me what kind of GPU you like or dislike but it's not worth to open threads and troll around and start verbal fights all the time.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

that a 290X could be better at 4K res, that could be.

the smaler memory bus on the 970 could become a limited factor.

However, there is not any proof for this, so yeah. thats just a guessing

i suppose that Nvidia has verywell thought about this, wenn they created that compression technology

Better 4K benchmarks, will solve that mystery out.

But at 1080p and 1440p on which most people nowdays game.

the GTX970 seem to be slightly ahead 8 out of 10 times.

Unless all the reviewers and articles spew miss-information