Cooler Master is looking for your input about PSU and Laptop Stand ideas!

CM Norumu

Hey LTT champions!

tl;dr: SURVEY ABOUT PSU AND LAPTOP STAND FEATURE IDEAS kthx you rock

We're at it again, putting out more surveys to get your expert opinions and thoughts on some things, since you are who we're designing and building things for! Seriously, you tell us, we make things, and everyone's happy. Right? Right!

On this round of survey, we're covering both Power Supplies and Laptop stands! Looking for any and all levels of experts to give us your feedback on all kinds of ideas, and bits about your shopping habit. This survey has all kinds of feature ideas for both PSUs and laptop coolers. Some are specific, some are general, but overall they're exploratory for us to know what you're thinking, ideally to continue making items just for you!

Here's the survey link again and I can't wait to see what you have in store for me :D

Also feel free to AMA. I'll answer as best I can, though I have a lot of running around to do this afternoon. I'll be sure to answer you when I can!

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

Done. 

Being able to see how much power your computer is using at any given moment without any extra tools would be kinda cool. 

Also, the "perfect" cables would be really awesome -- nice and flexible yet compact/flat like Corsair RM cables, but still easy to manipulate (unlike the RM series); Oh and maybe some right angle'd power connectors on the 8 pin/24 pin cables. 

Oh, and a free coupon at the end :)

Too bad I don't really need anything....Although, I do kinda wanna try out a Quickfire Rapid-I with blues :unsure:

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Are we ever going to see a solid gold collectors edition of the 212 evo?

also, done.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Doing this right now <3

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Ooooh, let Linus do another cop commercial for you :D

Took the survey, IMO the question "What is the primary criteria you select your PSU with (excl. wattage)?" lacks "Noise levels" as an option

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Done, I said it before and I'll say it again. I think it's really awesome that you guys come here and ask for actual input from communities outside your own forum. It speaks volumes about how much you care about what we actually want.

+5 internets Cooler Master.

FqBQMXz.jpg

On an unrelated note how many 212 Evo's has CM sold at this point and how to you guys at Cooler Master feel about having pretty much the most widely used recommended CPU cooler on the market?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Done, very interesting with the whole PSU monitoring thing, I hope that you'll include that in your PSU's

PS. Seriously get some proper sleeving done on your PSU's, look at EVGA or Bitfenix.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

done

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Done.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

it would be cool to see how much the pc uses(must be very accurate)

other than that NO i dont want useles feautures like monitoring and bluetooth . the PSU must figure it out itself fan speed and stuff. dont add extra cost for that crap

use superflower,delta or seasonic as OEM and you will get great reviews and appreciation

Done. 

Being able to see how much power your computer is using at any given moment without any extra tools would be kinda cool. 

Also, the "perfect" cables would be really awesome -- nice and flexible yet compact/flat like Corsair RM cables, but still easy to manipulate (unlike the RM series); Oh and maybe some right angle'd power connectors on the 8 pin/24 pin cables. 

Oh, and a free coupon at the end :)

Too bad I don't really need anything....Although, I do kinda wanna try out a Quickfire Rapid-I with blues :unsure:

RIGHT ANGLE PCI POWER CABLES GOD PLEASE YES

If cooler master adds these to a psu I will cry manly tears. Please.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

If any of this is executed correctly I will definitely look into cooler master for a psu upgrade if/when I ever need a new one. I don't like the remote control of the PSU though, through desktop applications that would be awesome though. I really don't want a virus to fry my computer :)

RIGHT ANGLE PCI POWER CABLES GOD PLEASE YES

If cooler master adds these to a psu I will cry manly tears. Please.

the only issue with that is, which right angle? Angles down toward the psu or angled forward? Since it really depends on the case....in my h440 I would want a cable angled down, but in my 350d I want it angled forward.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Done. I have been looking at a laptop stand. But winter is coming, and they are too expensive for me

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Done :D Considering that my family use your products alot in our builds we would be very interested in PSU montoring! 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Thank you for not hocking product and asking for buyer feedback/info.

I ban the hockers, from my personal buying list.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Done.

Also, when are you guys going to compete with Steelseries and make some mechanical keyboards with european layouts?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Done, although I felt like some of the questions could of had the ability to choose multiple answers instead of just one.

Hey LTT champions!

tl;dr: SURVEY ABOUT PSU AND LAPTOP STAND FEATURE IDEAS kthx you rock

We're at it again, putting out more surveys to get your expert opinions and thoughts on some things, since you are who we're designing and building things for! Seriously, you tell us, we make things, and everyone's happy. Right? Right!

On this round of survey, we're covering both Power Supplies and Laptop stands! Looking for any and all levels of experts to give us your feedback on all kinds of ideas, and bits about your shopping habit. This survey has all kinds of feature ideas for both PSUs and laptop coolers. Some are specific, some are general, but overall they're exploratory for us to know what you're thinking, ideally to continue making items just for you!

Here's the survey link again and I can't wait to see what you have in store for me :D

Also feel free to AMA. I'll answer as best I can, though I have a lot of running around to do this afternoon. I'll be sure to answer you when I can!

Done deal, man.

I've been looking for a company that properly crowd-sources ideas for products and Cooler Master, you receive a whacking great thumbs up from me. Well done for sticking to your guns, (and ours).

You might not think it, but it really means a lot to us when we get real, tangible communication from companies. It makes us feel like our voices are more heard here. Most of the time I feel like we're kind of isolated on this forum from the rest of society, we kind of keep to ourselves. Your coming to this backwater tech forum asking our humble selves for advice for actual future products is a huge point in your favour. You guys are awesome in my books.

Are we ever going to see a solid gold collectors edition of the 212 evo?

also, done.

Uh... how much would you be willing to pay for that? :P

Took the survey, IMO the question "What is the primary criteria you select your PSU with (excl. wattage)?" lacks "Noise levels" as an option

Because we're not weighing noise levels. We have no intent on making loud PSUs whatsoever.

On an unrelated note how many 212 Evo's has CM sold at this point and how to you guys at Cooler Master feel about having pretty much the most widely used recommended CPU cooler on the market?

I don't think I have the access to that amount of information. But about the success of it?

Done.

Also, when are you guys going to compete with Steelseries and make some mechanical keyboards with european layouts?

We already do? Stock and availability varies, but we have been supporting EU layouts for years.

Done deal, man.

I've been looking for a company that properly crowd-sources ideas for products and Cooler Master, you receive a whacking great thumbs up from me. Well done for sticking to your guns, (and ours).

You might not think it, but it really means a lot to us when we get real, tangible communication from companies. It makes us feel like our voices are more heard here. Most of the time I feel like we're kind of isolated on this forum from the rest of society, we kind of keep to ourselves. Your coming to this backwater tech forum asking our humble selves for advice for actual future products is a huge point in your favour. You guys are awesome in my books.

<3

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

Done! Great to see big companies looking for user input.

Does the Cooler Master-US store ship to Canada?

P.S.

I think that individually sleeved cable kit should be made available for the Fully modular power supplies.

(10/10 would buy)