Cooler Master is looking for your input about PSU and Laptop Stand ideas!

CM Norumu

I really like the idea of seeing exactly how much power is being drawn without a wall meter. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Hey LTT champions!

tl;dr: SURVEY ABOUT PSU AND LAPTOP STAND FEATURE IDEAS kthx you rock

We're at it again, putting out more surveys to get your expert opinions and thoughts on some things, since you are who we're designing and building things for! Seriously, you tell us, we make things, and everyone's happy. Right? Right!

On this round of survey, we're covering both Power Supplies and Laptop stands! Looking for any and all levels of experts to give us your feedback on all kinds of ideas, and bits about your shopping habit. This survey has all kinds of feature ideas for both PSUs and laptop coolers. Some are specific, some are general, but overall they're exploratory for us to know what you're thinking, ideally to continue making items just for you!

Here's the survey link again and I can't wait to see what you have in store for me :D

Also feel free to AMA. I'll answer as best I can, though I have a lot of running around to do this afternoon. I'll be sure to answer you when I can!

@CM Norumu I have a feature suggestion, and it's kinda odd. A lot of people, including me, have used multiple PSUs in one system. 

It became really common for mining rigs, but GPU mining is dying out, so I don't know how often people need to do it. I, like many, know how to do the wiring by hand.

But what if you could simply plug the 24 pin of one power supply into the master power supply? Of course, with an adapter to make the plug spot on the PSU smaller, reducing it to ground and PS_ON or something.  

It's a weird feature that a select few enthusiasts like myself would appreciate. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I felt a little bad answering these questions, because I bought my Corsair AX760 back when I knew far less about power supplies. My criteria was the Platinum certification and preferably Corsair branding. If I bought a new power supply now my priorities would be... straighter?

I think software will be a big thing in the future for power supplies. It sets them apart from the competition, and gives more control to the users.

The VS Series is an example of poor sleeving on an otherwise good unit. People buy based on aesthetics and colour schemes. Perhaps different coloured and removable labels could be included with higher end power supplies -something like the colour rings on Corsair fans. I've seen many people choose one unit over the other simply because of the colour of the label.

Also, something I recommended to EVGA. Fully-modular lower wattage units. Lots of people want fully-modular units and don't need more than 550W, and so the Corsair RM Series is one of their only options. And units like the XFX XTR Series are poorly available and don't have the reputation of Corsair behind them, so there is really only one option they choose. And something Corsair has been focusing on recently: silence optimisation. The RM Series really is quieter than the competition. The HXi seems to be as well. That's definitely a selling point, and something you should consider if you want to be competitive against Corsair.

Uh... how much would you be willing to pay for that? :P

Because we're not weighing noise levels. We have no intent on making loud PSUs whatsoever.

I don't think I have the access to that amount of information. But about the success of it?

We already do? Stock and availability varies, but we have been supporting EU layouts for years.

<3

I don't see any PT or ES layouts. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

quick question is there way to hook my ups to the psu so it's a all in one monitoring.

so power delivery is more balanced 

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I'd love to be able to see what amount of power I'm currently consuming and I would definitely be willing to spend more money on a PSU to get that feature. If you will implement that as a feature in future power supplies, would you show the power consumption in total, for each rail rail or for each cable?

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

remote start/stop would be great if you could do it lets say from school to boot your computer and access it via remote desktop after, HOWEVER, it does increase risks. What I do not want is bluetooth remote start, if you're that lazy, sorry, but wow. However, the bluetooth thing would be nice if you could sync it with your car/phone and have your computer start when you come home, if you're one of the weirdos that don't jut put your computer to sleep.

Done!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro