The iPhone 6 plus bends, when carrying it in your front pocket! Permanent bend and OFFICAL iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test (Update from 25.09.2014)

LarsReviews

Do you guys even, do you know how many people the banana growers employ to walk around with bananas in their pockets?  it's lots, it's a butt ton.   Apple don't employ that many people so it's not possible that everyone is going to get a bent phone.  It's basic math people. :unsure: :blink:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

--snip--

MKBHD does not address the bigger issue that unbox therapy's followup video highlighted. That being the stress fracture he got when he tried to bend the phone back into form. One concern I would have (now that bendgate has been revealed) is how much does it take to fatigue the case and screen before issues arise.

Pointing out that theres been a huge number of units sold and only a small fraction of people have had an issue is hardly reassuring. The other side of that coin is that the phones have been out for a very short time and no one knows how far this will go.

We can either listen to the issue that people are having and consider solutions, or point and laugh while making some idiotic joke about tight pants(victim blaming much).

P.s. if you people cause girls to start wearing bagging jeans just so their phone won't get bent, I will hate you forever!

This is a pretty interesting video. By hte same guy, so it's probably as "close" as we'll get to someone giving the phone the same amount of pressure.
Obviously it's no where near scientific but at least his strength is the same.

It shows the iPhone 6, Moto x 2014, HTC M8, and Nokia 1020.

Interestingly enough the devices with the curved backs are quite resilient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IROcoJeVfSI#t=422

@Victorious Secret I think this might give you a bit of piece of mind.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Stop wearing tight pants you goddamn hipsters

/s 

or not to /s

For some reason your tag is the hardest to get to work with the @ thing for me. Above post.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

For some reason your tag is the hardest to get to work with the @ thing for me. Above post.

That's what I like to see. Better evidence.

I'm really concerned about Apple's build quality recently.  First the rumors of the 5/5s and then the shoddy looking construction of the iwatch, and now the bending of i6/6+'s.  I think we need more evidence of these bends, and how they occur, but these kinds of occurrences do really shake my already minimal faith in Apple products.

The 5 and 5s had fine build. The Apple Watch is not even out and you're saying it's shoddy looking?

Apple's devices aren't designed to endure; they're designed to look good so tech illiterates throw their money at them. Expecting above average assembly quality from them is a stretch. What do you think happens to a macbook air if it falls vertically on a table from 15cm? The edge bends or dents. I've personally seen more than one case of this before people jump at my throat. Not to mention the thousands of cracked screens on portable idevices. My nokia 5800 once got accidentally slammed against a chair from 1.5 metres and then bounced off to the floor face down. Not a scratch. And the funny thing is, Apple fanboys always bring up the fact that they don't want crappy plastic and aluminium+glass is the best, but my phone is made completely out of plastic and got no damage from a fall that would have devastated an iphone.

I've dropped my MacBook several times with the lid open onto a concrete floor. I filed out the dents and polished it a bit and now it's good as new!

15cm is nothing. When I walk into my dorm every night I toss my MacBook Pro across the room onto my couch. Sometimes it hits the wall, sometimes it hits the floor. Still fine. I went through a bunch of PC laptops before this one. I have a pile of them in the corner over here...they were too heavy to chuck across the room. I'm captain of the Ultimate team, and the secret to getting it to land safely from 10' away? It's all in the wrist. You gotta put some spin on that aluminum unibody.

Also this Air falling off a truck and getting dropped and shit would like to disagree with you:

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

anybody seen the videos from unbox therapy on this topic..

Its concerning

What I saw was an entire video of him bending a phone that was already bent, and him spending a few seconds trying to bend other phones. When the other phones popped or showed sighs of breaking he stopped. 

I don't really see how people take these videos seriously. If I put all my force into trying to break a phone my thumbs, hands, wrist, and arms would be tired for a while. He takes several other phones, and tries to bend them in succession. A couple pop and show signs of breaking, then he stops and moves onto the next one. 

His videos are so terribly unscientific I can't believe people are going nuts over them. His latest one he said it was shown on NBC. 

Just proof we need more STEM in this country and less liberal arts and feel good stuff. 

i saw several phones hold up really well including the iPhone 6, so it would seem that the issue is with the 6+.   not that surprising given that the 6 is smaller and therefore more compact

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

What I saw was an entire video of him bending a phone that was already bent, and him spending a few seconds trying to bend other phones. When the other phones popped or showed sighs of breaking he stopped.

I don't really see how people take these videos seriously. If I put all my force into trying to break a phone my thumbs, hands, wrist, and arms would be tired for a while. He takes several other phones, and tries to bend them in succession. A couple pop and show signs of breaking, then he stops and moves onto the next one.

His videos are so terribly unscientific I can't believe people are going nuts over them. His latest one he said it was shown on NBC.

Just proof we need more STEM in this country and less liberal arts and feel good stuff.

Well actually he is a apple lover and if he says that the phone does bend then it is a problem with the phone.

Plus if you have seen him bending the note 3 in the other video with the same effort as the iphone 6 plus. The note 3 held up pretty well. And i may also add and request you to see the latest iphone 6 plus video from mkbhd in which he explains the reason for this and says that there is no reason for panicing... It is a very good video you should see it.

inb4 apple says "you are not supposed to put your phones in the pants pocket"

Iphone 7 - it replaces the pants pocket with your anus.

vibration has never felt this good.

I've dropped my MacBook several times with the lid open onto a concrete floor. I filed out the dents and polished it a bit and now it's good as new!

15cm is nothing. When I walk into my dorm every night I toss my MacBook Pro across the room onto my couch. Sometimes it hits the wall, sometimes it hits the floor. Still fine. I went through a bunch of PC laptops before this one. I have a pile of them in the corner over here...they were too heavy to chuck across the room. I'm captain of the Ultimate team, and the secret to getting it to land safely from 10' away? It's all in the wrist. You gotta put some spin on that aluminum unibody.

Also this Air falling off a truck and getting dropped and shit would like to disagree with you:

Either you are extremely lucky or some mbps are tougher than others ^^ I've seen personally mbs getting dented for a lot less than what you do with it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's what I like to see. Better evidence.

Still sucks about the 6+. Maybe Apple owners will get a case this time instead of a bumper? ;)

Apple should have copied the M8's design even more than they already did. A rounded backside would have prevented the whole bending problem whilst still allowing for thin sides.

Exactly my thinking as well. All the phones with curved backs fared extremely well, just like I figured they would.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Yes, that's usually what small pertains to.

is that an issue your well versed in  ;)

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Still sucks about the 6+. Maybe Apple owners will get a case this time instead of a bumper? ;)

Exactly my thinking as well. All the phones with curved backs fared extremely well, just like I figured they would.

I'd settle for a free upgrade to the 6S+ :P

15 pages already? Should I read em or can I assume about 12 of them are just back and forth arguing between people irrationally defending apple and people irrationally condemning them?

-------

Current Rig

-------

15 pages already? Should I read em or can I assume about 12 of them are just back and forth arguing between people irrationally defending apple and people irrationally condemning them?

Essentially accurate.

This thread is a post/like farming thread.

@LarsReviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-lEnPwzAw

Update the OP with this? An actual test with force gauges! Far better than what we've been getting before. 

Still not good news for the iPhone 6 given the aluminium construction, but still. SOME SCIENCE!!! @dizmo I'm finally pleased, someone went and did what many were calling for. Real (better?) numbers in a test that was standardized. 

@LarsReviews

Update the OP with this? An actual test with force gauges! Far better than what we've been getting before. 

Still not good news for the iPhone 6 given the aluminium construction, but still. SOME SCIENCE!!! @dizmo I'm finally pleased, someone went and did what many were calling for. Real (better?) numbers in a test that was standardized.

Thanks for the video. I will updated it, as soon as I am on a PC. Typing on tablets is annoying;)

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Either you are extremely lucky or some mbps are tougher than others ^^ I've seen personally mbs getting dented for a lot less than what you do with it.

Denting =/= permeneant damage. Aluminum bends fairly easily -- not just macbook pro aluminum. 

Also, go to any high school where students can use laptops, I'll put money on this statment: All the macbook pros look perfect with the exception of a few scuffs and maybe a dent or two, and any windows laptop has missing pieces, is be held together by tape, has missing hinge or screen covers, or is separating.

I've been using macs for 8 years now, and the two that I've had are still in perfect condition -- excluding the palm rest on my 2007 Mac book pro since the plastic part of it has been worn quite a bit by palm sweat. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I updated the OP:

Update 25.09.2014: Thanks @Victorious Secret for linking to this video. Is show a professional bend Test of the iPhone 6 Plus and the Note 3 with a 100 Pounds of force. As shown in the Video, the Note 3 bends 4.5 mm, but goes back to its original shape. The iPhone 6 Plus permanently to 3.25mm. They also tested the iPhone 5, which bend 1.75mm. Due to the metal body, the iPhone will remember the bend shape. The Note 3 went back to shape, due to the use of a more flexible Material, in this case Plastic

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

1975001_10152720595026840_50705155004709