The iPhone 6 plus bends, when carrying it in your front pocket! Permanent bend and OFFICAL iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test (Update from 25.09.2014)

LarsReviews

My 5C doesn't bend when it's in my pockets.

It's not clear that a 6 would either though. All we know is that some of them are bent, just like some 5s were bent, and just like Android phones get bent.

Everyone here is capitalizing on this opportunity to say Apple's fucked up with the build quality but this is one of the biggest cases of internet snowballing I've ever seen. This is what, five devices? From a single product line? 

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's not clear that a 6 would either though. All we know is that some of them are bent, just like some 5s were bent, and just like Android phones get bent.

Everyone here is capitalizing on this opportunity to say Apple's fucked up with the build quality but this is one of the biggest cases of internet snowballing I've ever seen. This is what, five devices? From a single product line? 

In the last 3 days I've seen 4 iphone 6's bent like that.

I normally agree with you on a lot of things, but this is legitimately an issue.

just because you see machining marks on the inside of the device does not mean that it was produced this way. the die's used to cast parts are machined themselves, so any machining marks that are on the mold get transferred over to the final piece. For example, i have an rc car that has some die-cast aluminum pieces on it and you can clearly see the milling marks, but the parts where never milled out.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/iPhone-6-Will-Be-Made-from-Aluminum-Leak-Indicates-437614.shtml

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

In the last 3 days I've seen 4 iphone 6's bent like that.

I normally agree with you on a lot of things, but this is legitimately an issue.

Do you know how many iPhone 6s were sold? 10 million so far. 1/2.5 million are pretty good odds to me.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Like I said before, the frame is cast, and then finish machined. Apple is not making a billet aluminum phone like some want to believe.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Like I said before, the frame is cast, and then finish machined. Apple is not making a billet aluminum phone like some want to believe.

For fuck's sake did you even read it? Christ! They cast a crude and machine it from there, there's no molded surface that hasn't been machined on the finished product.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

For fuck's sake did you even read it? Christ! They cast a crude and machine it from there, there's no molded surface that hasn't been machined on the finished product.

Dude, that is exactly what i have been saying. It's a standard manufacturing process for high volume aluminum parts. Finish machining can include milling, sanding, grinding, bead blasting, and whatever else it takes to turn a cast part into a final product ready part.  What I have been trying to say is that it is not machined out of a solid block of aluminum as that is in no way cost effective for mass production. Do you under stand what i was saying now?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Do you under stand what i was saying now?

I do.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

In my experience it doesn't dent that easily but it's because the damn thing is so dense that there's not a lot of places for it to give inwards. It's certainly very thin though.

I swear that we have different definitions of density.

I swear that we have different definitions of density.

Well yours must be wrong. There's almost no empty space inside an iPhone 5s.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

An absolute engineering cock up, how can you not realise such a flaw in a device? This obsession with the depth of the phone being as small as possible now has resulted in two flaws for the iPhone, that stupid camera that sticks out, and the bending.

Don't know how many times its been said but people bent previous iPhones, and no one really knows how widespread the issue is. In all of the internet theres a few pictures floating around. 

The protruding camera bothered me in the leaks, and I've had a 6 since Saturday. I think Ive felt it once, and I've pretty much completely forgotten about it already. 

Not that I don't think they could have done better. The two main things I wanted out of the 6 I got. Rounded sides, and a larger screen. Something like the camera has already fallen off my radar. 

Lol this is why i hate when linus says iphone has awesome build quality when it doesnt just coz its metal doesnt mean they use the right type of metal i can bend my piece of shit iphone 5 easily and its made of metal lol.

The OnePlus, I'm assuming, uses a steel frame just like the Find 7. So it should be quite strong. The 3310 and such were just super fat and small, so they're obviously much harder to bend.

No doubt about that, but I wanna know just by how much exactly

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

All phones bend if you put enough pressure on them. We don't know how this happens, what kind of force it takes, or how quickly it happens, or even if it effects all the phones in circulation.

Can we please suspend judgment? I know it's tremendously pleasing for you guys to jack off to thinking about how Apple fucked this one up, but honestly before we even know all the details this is just unfair.

I tried bending my S3 and...no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to bend.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I wonder how many pounds of pressure per square inch is needed to bend the iPhone 6 Plus. I had mine since Friday and I've been carrying it in my pocket without a case since without any problems to its integerity. I've seen some videos but it clearly shows some great force needed to bend the phone. Obviously if you're 250 lbs and sitting on it, it's going to bend. I've been trying to find the scientific data on the web, I haven't found any yet. If anyone could link a page it would be an interesting read.

this thread is so funny can we change the name to builder defends his phone choice?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I wonder how many pounds of pressure per square inch is needed to bend the iPhone 6 Plus. I had mine since Friday and I've been carrying it in my pocket without a case since without any problems to its integerity. I've seen some videos but it clearly shows some great force needed to bend the phone. Obviously if you're 250 lbs and sitting on it, it's going to bend. I've been trying to find the scientific data on the web, I haven't found any yet. If anyone could link a page it would be an interesting read.

I don't overly disagree with the assertion that people are trying quite hard to bend the phone with their hands, but legs and buttock are the biggest muscles people have, and they tend to work in unison to boot.  It would be a pretty simple endevour for those muscles to exert far greater force by just getting in and out of a low riding car or having to quickly dodge something/someone for example.  The first case I heard of was the guy that bent the phone by dancing at a wedding.  Drunk or not, you think he'd have felt a level of discomfort if it were any great amount of strain being placed on the phone.

The other concern is that jeans are both very common and a very tough fabric(originally made as work wear for blue collars in coal mining and the like) and unlikely to be very forgiving on any such device.

I think the best thing apple can do at this point is make an announcement after reviewing these claims and either put peoples fears to rest, recommend a protective case, or at least tell their consumers what can happen.  it's a very costly device for JQ public after all.

inb4 apple says "you are not supposed to put your phones in the pants pocket"

Oh! Apple! I have never used any of your phones and have never cared too much for them (too expansive and looked). I see so many apple Phones with cracked screens etc... the repair companies must LOVE Apple!

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

I tried bending my S3 and...no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to bend.

Same with my Oneplus. Builder should give up.

To be serious, how prevalent is this. 6 or 6+. Conditions? Causes? Seriously stop wearing tight pants? I don't know. 

Personally, mine is straight as an arrow. With a case, but I'm usually wearing a suit so its not like it sees tight pockets anyways. 

I'm a little worried at whats causing this, and what the hell people are doing to get it to do that. 

This is also hilarious. 

I'm so conflicted. 

I hope not wearing it in regular jeans is enough to bend it... If it is we are about to see many bent phones in the future :)

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

Oh! Apple! I have never used any of your phones and have never cared too much for them (too expansive and looked). I see so many apple Phones with cracked screens etc... the repair companies must LOVE Apple!

More of a love hate actually. We love the fact that they spoils but we hate the fact that they are a pain in the ass to dismantle like many phones today