The iPhone 6 plus bends, when carrying it in your front pocket! Permanent bend and OFFICAL iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test (Update from 25.09.2014)

LarsReviews

:/

Mini-ITX Build (unnamed)

Case: SilverStone SG07B-W Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-I CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K GPU: Integrated HD 3000 Cooler: Stock RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX600 Keyboard: Cheap Dell Keyboard (although has withstood 8 years of use) Mouse: Logitech G300 Headset: Logitech H110 OS: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) 

Phone: HTC One (m7) running ViperOne 8.0.0 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop)

Lawsuits.. Lots of them..

just like samsung....

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

just like samsung....

As far as I know, Samsung has only used their patents to defend themselves. At least in the phone market.

There is a big difference between using patents offensively (Apple trying to cripple competitors) and defensively (trying to minimize the damage done to your company in an already ongoing lawsuit).

As far as I know, Samsung has only used their patents to defend themselves. At least in the phone market.

There is a big difference between using patents offensively (Apple trying to cripple competitors) and defensively (trying to minimize the damage done to your company in an already ongoing lawsuit).

yes mostly they did, altough here(netherlands) there have been a few useless ones, like samsung sueing for something small(way something looked IIRC) and wanted a ban on apple products using that, altough apple pulled the same trick later(and succeeded where samsung failed)

easier said, patent lawsuits suck...

they should follow volvo, who designed the seatbelt for cars and got a patent on it, they made it free usage for everybody.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Wow it looked like it bent even easier in that video.

So all that conspiracy stuff about Lou is put to rest now.

Good joke. You know it's not over and someone will claim that he didn't prove it was an actual iPhone or something.

And when they do, I'll finish the bottle.

Good joke. You know it's not over and someone will claim that he didn't prove it was an actual iPhone or something.

And when they do, I'll finish the bottle.

Here's a good way to settle this. Have everyone who bought an iPhone 6/+ take their phones out of their pockets, hold it in landscape with 2 hands with the screen facing outwards, and begin to press the center of the phone with both thumbs. Apply enough force that you think should be adequate for the price you paid for the phone for it to not bend and see if it does so. If it doesn't, great. If it does, demand a refund. Problem solved.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Here's a good way to settle this. Have everyone who bought an iPhone 6/+ take their phones out of their pockets, hold it in landscape with 2 hands with the screen facing outwards, and begin to press the center of the phone with both thumbs. Apply enough force that you think should be adequate for the price you paid for the phone for it to not bend and see if it does so. If it doesn't, great. If it does, demand a refund. Problem solved.

You can't get a refund if you bend it...

Also, I'm not denying that the issue is overblown. It is. I'm just noting that people will still try to call it fake. In fact, someone already has on another site, calling the Consumer Reports test definitive. Now, where's my bottle? Damn fanboys trying to get me to kill myself...

You can't get a refund if you bend it...

Also, I'm not denying that the issue is overblown. It is. I'm just noting that people will still try to call it fake. In fact, someone already has on another site, calling the Consumer Reports test definitive. Now, where's my bottle? Damn fanboys trying to get me to kill myself...

If fanboys get you that riled up, you've got bigger issues to contend with.

The issue here isn't the bending, which is bad on its own.

The issue here is methodology. Who the hell takes their phone, grabs it like that, and then TRIES to bend it in normal use? I guess I missed that phone use memo.

Even CR and Square Trades testing doesn't really depict normal use, even though CR has some more valid numbers attached to theirs.

My issues with Unbox Therapy is the methodology. Like hell I'm grabbing any of my phones and doing that. Of course ill end up breaking something. I have little interest in figuring out what.

It's Samsung's MO to countersue using their own patents though. They do it every time: http://www.dailytech.com/Samsung+Countersues+Dyson+for+943+Million+USD+Over+Copied+Vacuum+Design/article34343.htm

They also don't give a shit about our laws, they took Apple's confidential licensing agreement with Nokia and publicized it for their own good.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The issue here is methodology. Who the hell takes their phone, grabs it like that, and then TRIES to bend it in normal use? I guess I missed that phone use memo.

Even CR and Square Trades testing doesn't really depict normal use, even though CR has some more valid numbers attached to theirs.

My issues with Unbox Therapy is the methodology. Like hell I'm grabbing any of my phones and doing that. Of course ill end up breaking something. I have little interest in figuring out what.

I'd still be concerned that it may slowly bend over time. It won't really be known for a few years, though.

Also, that was a joke about me drinking if Apple fanboys still called the test fake as part of a self-imposed drinking game.

It's Samsung's MO to countersue using their own patents though. They do it every time: http://www.dailytech.com/Samsung+Countersues+Dyson+for+943+Million+USD+Over+Copied+Vacuum+Design/article34343.htm

They also don't give a shit about our laws, they took Apple's confidential licensing agreement with Nokia and publicized it for their own good.

Apple's still more offensive. One of the big reasons Apple leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that they literally told Samsung to make their products uglier and oddly shaped to differentiate them from iPhone and iPad. Without that and the fanboys (and, to a lesser extent, seeing the exact same phone everywhere I look), I'm be much more neutral toward Apple.

Apple's still more offensive. One of the big reasons Apple leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that they literally told Samsung to make their products uglier and oddly shaped to differentiate them from iPhone and iPad. Without that and the fanboys (and, to a lesser extent, seeing the exact same phone everywhere I look), I'm be much more neutral toward Apple.

Yes, because heaven forbid you make a product that doesn't look like an iPhone!

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

There's difference between saying that it should look different and saying that it should look ridiculous. Among the suggestions were thick bezels, a thicker frame, loud colors, and making it triangular. How is that justified!?

Meh, it's you. You'll come up with a reason for why it's justified, so I preemptively concede. 

the whole point though is to show the terrible build quality is for the Iphone 6. This is the same company that the fanboys always boast about having "premium" build quality. It's ironic that the same company put out a phone that you can bend with your hands, regardless of the fact that it's obviously not "normal use".

Also anyone else find it funny that the back of the Iphone 6 looks very similar to the M8 with the stripes?

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Also anyone else find it funny that the back of the Iphone 6 looks very similar to the M8 with the stripes?

No, they're antenna bands.  without them metallic cases would have really poor reception.  They're there for function more so then form.

they were both as bad as each other....both won cases over the globe so therefore had just cause to persue the lawsuits and remember that you have to pursue patent infringements otherwise you can loose the patant

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

the whole point though is to show the terrible build quality is for the Iphone 6. This is the same company that the fanboys always boast about having "premium" build quality. It's ironic that the same company put out a phone that you can bend with your hands, regardless of the fact that it's obviously not "normal use".

Oh my god, you're right! You know what that means... HTC copied Apple of the future! The bastards.

There is a difference between "not looking the same" and literally having a design patents on "a rectangular product shape with all four corners uniformly rounded" and "substantial black boarders above and below the screen having roughly equal width and narrower boarders on either side of the screen having roughly equal width".

Unbox Therapy's method in itself may not be normal use, but he only started doing those videos because people were complaining about their phones bending in their pockets, a situation which is considered to be normal use.

His method simply shows the problem in a different manner, one which is much easier to see.

If he were to put a new iPhone in his pants, sit down, stand up and take the bent phone out of his pocket, you'd have no clue how much force was required to bend the phone.

There is a difference between "not looking the same" and literally having a design patents on "a rectangular product shape with all four corners uniformly rounded" and "substantial black boarders above and below the screen having roughly equal width and narrower boarders on either side of the screen having roughly equal width".

Do you understand what a design patent is? Because that's what design patents are! Design patents are supposed to do that, it's about protecting the non-functioning and aesthetic parts of your design!

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Do you understand what a design patent is? Because that's what design patents are! Design patents are supposed to do that, it's about protecting the non-functioning and aesthetic parts of your design!

Yes but there is a difference between protecting a specific thing about your design, and saying "we own rectangles with uniform edges".

I have no idea how the patent office even allowed that to pass.

Yes but there is a difference between protecting a specific thing about your design, and saying "we own rectangles with uniform edges".

I have no idea how the patent office even allowed that to pass.

Rectangles with uniform edges is a specific thing about your design though. When you see a picture like this:

Apple_v_Samsung_design_patent.png

I find it hard to believe that you can't see the extreme similarities between the two designs. This one in particular is for the bezel. Here's the patent drawing:

USD0593087-20090526-D00000.png

The solid lines are the claimed design. It's a bezel around the outside edge. It's quite frankly a small part of their design and not necessary to make a phone look good as evidenced by basically any option besides the Samsung Galaxy S that was found to be infringing. If you won't even let them hold a design patent on that I'm not sure what you think design patents should be allowed to protect.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Rectangles with uniform edges is a specific thing about your design though. When you see a picture like this:

Apple_v_Samsung_design_patent.png

I find it hard to believe that you can't see the extreme similarities between the two designs. This one in particular is for the bezel. Here's the patent drawing:

USD0593087-20090526-D00000.png

The solid lines are the claimed design. It's a bezel around the outside edge. It's quite frankly a small part of their design and not necessary to make a phone look good as evidenced by basically any option besides the Samsung Galaxy S that was found to be infringing. If you won't even let them hold a design patent on that I'm not sure what you think design patents should be allowed to protect.

you just pointed out nearly EVERY SMART PHONE EVER!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

you just pointed out nearly EVERY SMART PHONE EVER!

And what does that tell you about nearly EVERY SMART PHONE EVER?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /