Ubisoft Montreal pledges 'ambitious' plans for Watch Dogs' future

dlf

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/477260/ubisoft-montreal-pledges-ambitious-plans-for-watch-dogs-future/

Watch Dogs released in May 2014 to a mixed critical reception. Commercially the title has been very successful for Ubisoft, shipping 8 million copies by July 2014, but certain elements of the game such as its narrative and campaign have faced criticism.

Speaking in a recent interview, Ubisoft Montreal's vice president of creative, Lionel Raynaud compared the game's reception to that of the original Assassin's Creed, telling CVG that although the game has its flaws, he feels that it succeeds in establishing "a brand and promise" for the future.

He said: "The reception has actually been pretty close to Assassin's Creed [1]. With the first one we didn't have such a good reception, and it was fair.

Ubisoft Montreal's VP of creative, Lionel Raynaud

"We had a lot of flaws in the replayability of gameplay loops and you could feel that the game was a first iteration. At the time, there was clear potential but it was not easy to know it was going to become the franchise that it is today.

Much surprise about this? Seem to recall the CEO saying they won't make a new game, 'less it can turned into a franchise. Where next (city, country) would you like to see next? I'd love to see any city in Canada - probably because I am Canadian.

Won't play another crappy game, honestly. Ubisoft, we're tired of your sh*t.

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

I would consider playing another Watch Dogs. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Well, maybe they somehow manage not to ruin the next one, who knows... 

Burlington, Vermont.

Well, maybe they somehow manage not to ruin the next one, who knows... 

LOL, that's quite unlikely.  :D

-ubisoft.jpg

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Sure Ubisoft, sure.

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

If ubisoft focused on delivering quality games when they were ready rather than based on arbitrary deadlines then I'd believe them

Ambitious plans = More DLC.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

untill WD is given to me or GOTY for $1,i'll play it not going to be part of a major problem.

Lol I gotta say, I think we've found something worse.

That being said, fuck Ubisoft.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Watch Dogs only shipped 8 million copies because everyone got it with their GPUs for free.

Honestly it's the most un-optimized POS ever.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Rule one about press conferences. Never say your real thoughts unless it's truest good. Now that said, I in his position would state the same thing to avoid media backlash that would potential harm he companies name.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

The original assassins creed was far better than watch dog.Ubisoft should be taught a lesson by the PC gamers by boycotting their overhyped games.It's like they spend 75% of their budget on marketing look at that far cry4 everest event.I wonder what happened to that?  

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

i don't mind them makin another one if they fix the flaws. Better narrative is important. Also please make it run properly this time. The game couldn't manage it's own texture budget in the available VRAM. When Tom's hardware benchmarked it they refused to use ultra textures because they cause nvidia cards to run out of VRAM and slow down. So they were benchmarking the game's performance on high end cards like the 780 and 290 with texture settings not maxed lol. Ubisoft after all these years should understand how to optimize a pc game.

I was disappointed with the story, I never really got any background on aiden, never cared about his niece or family members, the whole thing just seemed contrived. They could have done better.

Seriously, how did aiden become a hacker/complete badass? was he ex cia or something? what?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If Watchdogs 2 has no technical issues I will buy it.
It was a good game overall but it was more broken than Battlefield 4 on release.

RTX2070OC 

Ambitious trailers, nerfed final game.

Unless you run amd hardware.

Then just fuck you. No game for you

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I do agree with Raynaud. But personally I think that Watch Dogs was a very enjoyable game. Love the looks of it, love how it was a more "realistic" version of GTA, where you were kind of a good guy. Loved the gameplay and the story was a lot better than people give it credit for.

Like any new open world sandbox GTA clone, it pushes the hardware to the limits, especially vram and CPU. I truly believe Watch Dogs recieved a LOT of unjustified critique; most of it seemingly based on people being pissy that their oldish computers could not run this game at max with high fps. At the end of the day, there is no open world GTA type game on the market, that looks remotely as good as Watch Dogs does on ultra, yet people claim it only ran bad because of the lack of optimization? Come on, this is exactly what Crysis took flak for back in the days. And just like Crysis, the critique was way over the top, and for the most part unjustified. I actually feel bad for all the devs, who made this game and had to look at the shitstorm of critique that both WD and Ubisoft has gotten. 77 on metacritic? Come on, that's ridiculous.

The attack on Ubisoft has been farcical at best. Sure we can criticize a company for doing dumb things, but the attack on Ubi lately, both by the general internet, but also Linus and Luke themselves, has been way over the top. The farce then continued with the most retarded mod I've ever seen. The Worse mod, I like to call the Mr. Magoo mod, that turned Aiden Pierce into a short sighted old man, who could never pass a driverslicence test with the worst eyesight in the history of gaming. What a load of shit.

As for the next Watch Dogs, I look very much forward to it, but hope for a certain someone to not have died in the first game.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

all of my friends said that watch dogs was a huge bust with an insanely predictable story, i didnt even waste my time or money on it when they told me :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

They've been saying this for years now.

"We love PC gamers!"

"Who cares about PC gamers?"

"Sorry PC gamers, we are going to make it up to you!"

"Lol, jk"

My advice: Don't buy anything Ubisoft branded, either published or developed. Nothing. Zilch.