PS4 Remote Play Ported for All Android Devices Running 4.0+

Rafy

Hey guys,

After the Z3 was announced in IFA 2014 in Berlin. I noticed there was no major change other than the new PS4 Remote Play feature. The feature that allows you to use your Xperia Device as a Second Screen for the PlayStation 4 anytime and anywhere. I was pretty sad that other devices might not get the feature. But it wasn't long until I ported and figured out the necessary files needed to get remote play to any and all Android Devices with Version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). So now we can get Remote Play in our devices too as soon as Sony releases the PS Remote Play APP. But now, it will be compatible with our devices as well.

So the requirements:

1. CWM (ClockWorkMod) Recovery

2. The flashable zip I created

3. PS APP (Download Link will be given below)

4. Common Sense and a wee bit of patience.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/4-4-4-stock-xperia-devices-ps4-remote-t2868092

This is pretty awesome! This combined with the Nvidia GameStream port and I will be able to play my games anywhere!

The old nVidia Shield is now such an attractive option for game streaming from anywhere.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

HOLY SHIT

this is awesome, now I can use my Shield EVEN MORE

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The old nVidia Shield is now such an attractive option for game streaming from anywhere.

As I said above since the Gamestream featured from the shield has been ported too, any smartphone or table can double as a shield. There is also a DualShock 4 smartphone mount so you can mount your phone on the DS4 and boom, you have a custom shield portable!

this is why i love android

oh u have an exclusive ??

well too bad im gonna port it over :D

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I was just thinking the other day when it was going to be ported and now I know. Made sure to download the links and save the page, in case it gets deleted.

COMIC SANS

Unfortunately, a Sony spokesperson said the company had “no intent to bring remote play to any device other than Xperia” meaning a lot of PlayStation 4 owners would miss out on the feature. That may have changed now thanks to a new port developed by XDA member XperiaPlaystation who has figured out how to get it working with a much larger population of Android devices.

According to XperiaPlaystation, the ported app should work with Android devices running at least Android 4.0 or newer. Users do have to install CWM (ClockWorkMod) Recovery, then flash a ZIP file, follow a couple other steps to clean up the device, and then install the APK file. Oddly enough, owners of a Sony Xperia Z1 have an additional step related to changing their build.prop in order to get the ported app to work.

This is what happens when you put stuff on android haha. It happened to Nvidia with their GameStream app as well. 

If I had a PS4 and a decent(er) router I would jump on this, Although I have none of those things. Sadly.

Just wondering if anyone is bothered by me posting so much news, hopefully im not bothering anyone. Its late and im bored.

Source: http://www.talkandroid.com/220531-non-sony-android-devices-get-access-to-sony-ps4-remote-play-thanks-to-new-port/

Yes I am bothered, it is late and your pounding my head with so much information I can barely keep up! :angry:

Just kidding, you aren't bothering anyone. :)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Yes I am bothered, it is late and your pounding my head with so much information I can barely keep up! :angry:

Just kidding, you aren't bothering anyone. :)

:) Yey

This is kinda fun actually, Trying to make them as top notch as possible. Its tricky getting a very strong topic to report on without It being a repost.

:) Yey

This is kinda fun actually, Trying to make them as top notch as possible. Its tricky getting a very strong topic to report on without It being a repost.

Yea I've noticed your edits :P

It's all good though, I rely on this forum to keep up with the most recent news regarding tech. I mean here there can be something reported and within 2 minutes threads will be up everywhere. It's awesome. :D

Regarding the op it doesn't mean much to me. Stuff like that happens all the time, if it comes to android exclusive for one device you can bet it will be on nearly every device possible soon. Which I am proud of, having app exclusives sucks and is bs. Companies are just keeping me from their products who keep everyone from getting their software.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Yea I've noticed your edits :P

It's all good though, I rely on this forum to keep up with the most recent news regarding tech. I mean here there can be something reported and within 2 minutes threads will be up everywhere. It's awesome. :D

Regarding the op it doesn't mean much to me. Stuff like that happens all the time, if it comes to android exclusive for one device you can bet it will be on nearly every device possible soon. Which I am proud of, having app exclusives sucks and is bs. Companies are just keeping me from their products who keep everyone from getting their software.

interesting how things turned around. This used to be the place where id  go for news, after seeing how good @TopWargamer was I decided to give it a go. Its fun, maybe a bit too fun, I don't want to spam the forum, but I also want to inform people as soon as possible.

Now if only the payment plan actually made any sense...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Gonna test this out with twrp recovery cause I doubt it's clockwork only

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

HOLY SHIT

this is awesome, now I can use my Shield EVEN MORE

how did you get a shield in the UK.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

how did you get a shield in the UK.

Imported it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sony can blow themselves for keeping this on Sony devices only.

Just like Samsung can DIAF for restricting Gears.

I'd pay good money for this app on a lot of platforms but hey, Sony must be run by communists.