3080 fans really loud

so i play on 1440p high settigns in siege, and whenever I play or start the game up my fans would slowly get louder and then start being LOUD constantly, is this normal? and the temps im getting is 70- 80? is there possible way to get lower temps and also quieter fans?

1 hour ago, Justbon321 said:

so i play on 1440p high settigns in siege, and whenever I play or start the game up my fans would slowly get louder and then start being LOUD constantly, is this normal? and the temps im getting is 70- 80? is there possible way to get lower temps and also quieter fans?

Are you on a laptop? Because I don't see a reason for the CPU/GPU to spin up to "loud" unless it's actually being stressed. 3080/3090's should be able to do 4K in most games.

11 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Are you on a laptop? Because I don't see a reason for the CPU/GPU to spin up to "loud" unless it's actually being stressed. 3080/3090's should be able to do 4K in most games.

Loud is subjective, I find most GPUs fans quite annoying.

In a desktop its generally down to the difficulty in getting fresh air directly at the GPU.  For example when building a small form factor PC where the GPU is sat directly next to a mesh panel, the fans often end up being a lot quieter due to direct access to fresh air.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

39 minutes ago, Kisai said:

I have a pc, i7 12700kf and also 3080 ROG strix, 32gb ram, and Whenver i play siege wether low or high graphics even getting 350 at low and 210 at high, it always seem to be really loud for some reason it sounds like revving the fans and then being loud constantly? and idk if thats normal because when i had a 1080p monitor at high graphics it was very quiet and i was getting 300 fps.

27 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

In a desktop its generally down to the difficulty in getting fresh air directly at the GPU.  For example when building a small form factor PC where the GPU is sat directly next to a mesh panel, the fans often end up being a lot quieter due to direct access to fresh air.

What do you recommend i should do? i have a liquid cooling at the top and 3 fans at the front, and 1 fan at the back... the only thing that gets really loud is the GPU fans and its only when i play siege... and idk if it should be normal to have fans that loud using a1440p monitor

1 hour ago, Justbon321 said:

What do you recommend i should do? i have a liquid cooling at the top and 3 fans at the front, and 1 fan at the back... the only thing that gets really loud is the GPU fans and its only when i play siege... and idk if it should be normal to have fans that loud using a1440p monitor

If its a specific game it may be lack of vsync / a frame rate cap.  Once the temperature is hitting 80 and you're pulling as much air in as possible (do you have any fan control on those intakes, can you run them faster?), there's not much you can do other than reduce the GPU load or limit the GPUs clock rate or TDP.

One thing is, have you run MSI Afterburners OC Curve Optimiser?  This often reduces the power consumption of NVIDIA cards without losing any performance, although its not guaranteed to be stable (it will always warn you results should be considered unstable, this is normal).

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

if you already have a custom loop, i would add another radiator in the front, waterblock that GPU and add it.

6 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I have never been able to hear the fans on my GTX 1080, RTX 3070Ti or RTX3090 unless the game was explicitly spinwaiting or I ran a GPU Compute load on it. Even then, the noise ranges from a mechanical wirr to just the air movement. 

That said, the ASUS ROG laptop sounded like it was chewing on gravel every time the fan spun up. Laptops suck for gaming. It was so obnoxiously loud that when I finally gave up on it, I realized the loudest thing now is just my cherry red mechanical keyboard switches.

6 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Yeah, people really shouldn't build mATX/ITX systems if they're going to put a dGPU without making the entire thing a liquid cooled setup. Air cooled dGPU's pretty much need to be in a at least a mid tower case. The midtower case I have on the 11th gen+3070Ti I never hear the fan. Likewise I never hear the fan in the 14th gen+ 3090. Mind you I explicitly picked quiet parts like the Dark Base Pro 901 and the BeQuiet CPU cooler.

I imagine it might make more noise as the summer gets here. The last time I did a long GPU compute load I did in the summer and even then, it wasn't loud enough to disturb my sleeping.

It might just be the OP has a noisy build. Both GPU's I have in operation are RTX 30-series ASUS TUF parts with the fans set to performance, last I checked.

On 5/28/2024 at 5:17 AM, Kisai said:

I have never been able to hear the fans on my GTX 1080, RTX 3070Ti or RTX3090 unless the game was explicitly spinwaiting or I ran a GPU Compute load on it. Even then, the noise ranges from a mechanical wirr to just the air movement. 

That said, the ASUS ROG laptop sounded like it was chewing on gravel every time the fan spun up. Laptops suck for gaming. It was so obnoxiously loud that when I finally gave up on it, I realized the loudest thing now is just my cherry red mechanical keyboard switches.

Yeah, people really shouldn't build mATX/ITX systems if they're going to put a dGPU without making the entire thing a liquid cooled setup. Air cooled dGPU's pretty much need to be in a at least a mid tower case. The midtower case I have on the 11th gen+3070Ti I never hear the fan. Likewise I never hear the fan in the 14th gen+ 3090. Mind you I explicitly picked quiet parts like the Dark Base Pro 901 and the BeQuiet CPU cooler.

I imagine it might make more noise as the summer gets here. The last time I did a long GPU compute load I did in the summer and even then, it wasn't loud enough to disturb my sleeping.

It might just be the OP has a noisy build. Both GPU's I have in operation are RTX 30-series ASUS TUF parts with the fans set to performance, last I checked.

It got only loud when i got my 1440p Monitor, and games like siege gets my fans really loud but someone told me rtx 3080 is normally loud so ig it donest bother me

10 hours ago, Justbon321 said:

It got only loud when i got my 1440p Monitor, and games like siege gets my fans really loud but someone told me rtx 3080 is normally loud so ig it donest bother me

Does the monitor default to 120/144hz? cause that might just mean it has a heavier load on it