a quick survey about tea and coffee. awesome poll inside.

ShiverMePenguins

I drink coffee during the day and some type of tea at night, also i drink tea if I'm sick.

Its all about those volumetric clouds

My mum drinks organic coffee and tea

I don't mind having green tea or Jasmine tea when I eat out at an Asian restaurant but other than that I don't drink it.

And I don't like coffee.. eww

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

My mum drinks organic coffee and tea

I don't mind having green tea or Jasmine tea when I eat out at an Asian restaurant but other than that I don't drink it.

And I don't like coffee.. eww

do you mind me asking what kind of organic products she uses?

do you mind me asking what kind of organic products she uses?

Well she gets everything organic

organic tea she drinks - Chai, English Breakfast, Earl Grey

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I drink coffee everyday at work (try to keep myself to 1 cup)

Otherwise when i'm not at work I rarely drink it, I also like tea at work occasionally if I need to relax.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

I cant drink coffe as I get Migraines and I dont realy like tea. I drink watter as it is the best.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Any tea that isn't excruciatingly bitter is alright by me, but I can't stand any kind of coffee. I also don't drink any 'sugary' (essentially with: artificial sweeteners, or natural sugar) drinks for health reasons; so all I drink is water, carbonated water, and tea with nothing in it.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I drink coffee everyday at work (try to keep myself to 1 cup)

Otherwise when i'm not at work I rarely drink it, I also like tea at work occasionally if I need to relax.

is there any particular reason why you don't drink tea or coffee outside of work?

Well she gets everything organic

organic tea she drinks - Chai, English Breakfast, Earl Grey

cool :)

My daily routine includes a cup of white chocolate mocha from Starbucks every morning at 7:30AM. I should invest in an Espresso maker.

I drink tea fairly regularly as well, and love pure black coffee. The reason for the white mocha above is that all of the baristas at my local coffee shop knows my regular coffee order, and I'm stuck with it. Still a very tasty drink, and not overly sweet.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Never been one for coffee and tea, not to say I don't like the taste. I'd just rather pour a glass of water than wait around to prepare it.

And I've seen enough people that can't function without their caffeine fix, plus the accumulative costs for multiple cups/per day though the year. Just not for me

Just FYI, Tea has caffeine in it too. There's just more variation, often lower, but can be comparable to coffee. Herbal tea has none.

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I drink tea about 80% of the time and coffee the other 20%. I am nuts about both. I have tried tea all over Europe and still can't find a better cup than Lyons or Barry's tea. British tea is definitely a close second but just not quite there for me. Sorry to say but i find all tea on the continent to be crap. Don't take offense to that because the coffee over there is miles better than Ireland/Britain. 

Tea_zps49866405.png

With regards to coffee. I love really nice coffee made all sorts of ways but I will be happy with crappy instant coffee too (with the 5 min stir method). If you love really really strong coffee, try Turkish coffee (Arabic, Serbia etc.). It's all made the same way but the difference between them is due to the herbs and spices they add. What I love about them is the brewing method. The beans need to be ground extremely fine because they aren't strained in the pot. The beans are poured directly into the cup. The fact that it is ground so fine means the beans stay as a sludge in the bottom of the cup. Makes for a really strong thick coffee. Yum yum  :)

TurkishCoffee_zps393e3566.png

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I can only drink coffee in the morning. I literally can NOT function without it. However as the day goes on I prefer guzzling tea rather than coffee! :)

-snip-

You should try silver tips from Sri Lanka. Or any other tea variation from Sri Lanka, considering most tea you've tasted comes from them. Lipton is the most commonly spoken brand.

Also, Turkish coffee is amazing. I had a tiny cup in the morning, and it kept me awake all night. The filtering system used is interesting too.

Any tea that isn't excruciatingly bitter is alright by me, but I can't stand any kind of coffee. I also don't drink any 'sugary' (essentially with: artificial sweeteners, or natural sugar) drinks for health reasons; so all I drink is water, carbonated water, and tea with nothing in it.

so when you say tea, could you be more specific? what kind of tea products do you use? do you boil the tea yourself? if so where do you get your leaves and what leaves do you use?

graveyard shift  :D

the need for coffee is too damn high  :lol:

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

I drink tea about 80% of the time and coffee the other 20%. I am nuts about both. I have tried tea all over Europe and still can't find a better cup than Lyons or Barry's tea. British tea is definitely a close second but just not quite there for me. Sorry to say but i find all tea on the continent to be crap. Don't take offense to that because the coffee over there is miles better than Ireland/Britain. 

Tea_zps49866405.png

With regards to coffee. I love really nice coffee made all sorts of ways but I will be happy with crappy instant coffee too (with the 5 min stir method). If you love really really strong coffee, try Turkish coffee (Arabic, Serbia etc.). It's all made the same way but the difference between them is due to the herbs and spices they add. What I love about them is the brewing method. The beans need to be ground extremely fine because they aren't strained in the pot. The beans are poured directly into the cup. The fact that it is ground so fine means the beans stay as a sludge in the bottom of the cup. Makes for a really strong thick coffee. Yum yum  :)

TurkishCoffee_zps393e3566.png

My mother makes a similar cofee to the turkish one but every country here has a variation. It isn't as thick as the image above but it is really strong.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

How do I get paid to drink coffee?!!!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

what paid to drink coffee? I need help supporting my headphone addiction lol. 

I've recently discovered I have been grinding my coffee beans too fine. I'm loving the difference a coarse grind makes... now I want to upgrade my grinder from a blade to better. 

that said I try to reserve coffee for 1 or occasionally 2 times a day, anymore and I overdose on it. rest of the day is filled with tea

I drink both daily although I drink tea more than coffee.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Don't like coffee or tea.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

so when you say tea, could you be more specific? what kind of tea products do you use? do you boil the tea yourself? if so where do you get your leaves and what leaves do you use?

I have a faucet with instant hot water which I use to make all my tea. I don't collect leaves myself or have anything very nice, and I use store bought disposable teabags (with leaves already inside of course). I tend to have whatever is around (when it comes to leaves) and that's usually Trader Joe's Green or Black or some variation of those two. (note: sorry if I'm ignorant, but I've never really known much about tea)

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I prefer tea to coffee because, the after taste of coffee is kind of funky, and it gives you really terrible breath. 

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society