Programmers Lounge

deafboy

I am CS student and second year now, choose to learn AI and ML (made a bad decision). im just confused what to do right now and confused were to start from.

can some one help me please.

Edited by Akshay V

I'm a  13-year old pyth0n coder, and I code in python. Personally I use the free version of pycharm, and cuz im a student pycharm edu. I'm more of a linux guy.

Performance of different programming languages often times comes up as a question on this forum so i think i should mention this video. A bunch of people spontaneously created a competition to beat a youtuber's code. One guy speed it up 40,832,277,770%, reducing the runtime from a month to 7ms. 😄

ಠ_ಠ

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2022 at 4:01 PM, shadow_ray said:

Performance of different programming languages often times comes up as a question on this forum so i think i should mention this video. A bunch of people spontaneously created a competition to beat a youtuber's code. One guy speed it up 40,832,277,770%, reducing the runtime from a month to 7ms. 😄

This quit being a question of programming languages long ago lol.

the victory was always going to be taken by c

Could someone link the repository for me please?

• 7 months later...

What've you all been working on? 

Programming area seems sparse in posts recently so maybe some discussion here will be fun so we can talk about programming. 

Can anyone tell me where to start, I have an idea that I want to create and nobody as far as I am aware is making a software like this. 

I thought of reaching out to LTT community as it's just the idea for me I have no idea what to do with it, or if it is even possible to create and code. I have seen some incredible stuff though. 

Does anyone have any insights for me to be able to talk to people confidentially to discuss idea's in the industry that could take an idea and create a program for a huge innovation in the PC software space.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else in the automation space? RPA environments like UiPath or PAD? So lonely in this field lol. 

8 minutes ago, Coding2bLazy said:

Anyone else in the automation space? RPA environments like UiPath or PAD? So lonely in this field lol. 

Currently in a 320,000 ft2 factory with lots of robots. We are very few indeed.

1 hour ago, Franck said:

Currently in a 320,000 ft2 factory with lots of robots. We are very few indeed.

We automated away all our co-workers.... 😞 Bots are not nearly as fun (Most the time at least).

16 hours ago, Coding2bLazy said:

We automated away all our co-workers.... 😞 Bots are not nearly as fun (Most the time at least).

We don't have everything automated. We are doing custom products so each are unique and even final assembly order is different each time. Sheet metal cutting, punching, bending are automated. Still have manual benders, manual assembly, manual packing, semi automated paint shop, manual feed CNC, manual brazing.

Software wise for a single product from what the sales team select in the software, the 3D cad is automated then converted to 100,000+ of Solidworks parts which are also automated to convert to proper gcode direct to the robots in case of milling/cnc part or exported to flat pattern for nesting software in case of a sheet metal part.

We are running at the limits of SolidWorks automation where our custom farm of a handful of computer can output easily 10 highly complex (talking of 30-40 features) parts or assembly per seconds. Fun fact we know we are at the limit of what it can do because SolidWorks themselves didn't knew their software could do what we do with it.

With the amount of products we do per year and re-export people do we are doing at minimum 250 million unique SolidWorks parts per year. You feel the difference when a normal single CAD designer user will take maybe 6-7 hours working on a commercial grade fan to make the housing for it while in literally a 10 second I'll have completely uniquely sized parts, bolt, rivenut, nut, washer, gasket, paint generated for the same thing.

2 hours ago, Franck said:

We don't have everything automated. We are doing custom products so each are unique and even final assembly order is different each time. Sheet metal cutting, punching, bending are automated. Still have manual benders, manual assembly, manual packing, semi automated paint shop, manual feed CNC, manual brazing.

Software wise for a single product from what the sales team select in the software, the 3D cad is automated then converted to 100,000+ of Solidworks parts which are also automated to convert to proper gcode direct to the robots in case of milling/cnc part or exported to flat pattern for nesting software in case of a sheet metal part.

We are running at the limits of SolidWorks automation where our custom farm of a handful of computer can output easily 10 highly complex (talking of 30-40 features) parts or assembly per seconds. Fun fact we know we are at the limit of what it can do because SolidWorks themselves didn't knew their software could do what we do with it.

With the amount of products we do per year and re-export people do we are doing at minimum 250 million unique SolidWorks parts per year. You feel the difference when a normal single CAD designer user will take maybe 6-7 hours working on a commercial grade fan to make the housing for it while in literally a 10 second I'll have completely uniquely sized parts, bolt, rivenut, nut, washer, gasket, paint generated for the same thing.

I automate financial accounting positions. Accounts Payable, Receivable, Product Movements, Real end to end Procure to Pay stuff. Essentially, I watch people do their job from a far using different methods, then when I have enough information, I quantify the work based on its FTE representation against the RPA investment, "Financial Transformation Practice" is what the industry is called. It's like the movie Office Space but we use AI. I build out prototypes and then the business decides if they want to adopt it. Almost always yes, since you know, saves money. I build out a production model and hand it off to our India team for administration and maintenance. Its super fascinating and I really love the work. But I am the only Developer on site in Tulsa. 😞

• 2 weeks later...

Any boring career full stack devs on here? (React, Java, Angular, Oracle, etc...)

What are yall's favorite tech stack to use lately?

In my 9-5 it's just Angular, Spring, Oracle SQL, and PostgreSQL all day long. Very corporate and boring lol

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Wassup I'm a programmer

I have an Associates in Engineering Electronics Technology and a Bachelors in Computer Science as well as a minor in Data Science/Machine Learning

I prefer low level languages because I find web development unchallenging, my main languages are  C/C++, Python, and Go, though I've used or read about just about every language at least once

Currently I work programming in Go for a streaming company and my current side project is trying to implement an ARMv8 processor in a game called Turing Complete

I enjoy doing coding puzzles in a website called codingame

My favourite past projects:
I wrote a C compiler in Python for a school project once

I got Debian 12 running on a 1997 Dell computer with a pentium pro and 128 MB of RAM (now with an SSD!)

I'm still working on a program in C/Go to count every final board state in the game Othello

I taught myself calculus so that I could understand how backpropagation works in neural networks

I wired up schmitt triggers using transistors for a project on my car

honestly anything that's been written from scratch I find interesting because it means understanding the math/logic behind what's going on

here's my github https://github.com/aaron-jencks

Hi all, i've been here a few months, but not very active. So i thought i'd introduce myself.

I'm working as a programmer in the scientific publishing industry; my main jobs are writing (La)TeX styles for various publishers, and automating work processses for my typesetting and book-producing collegues. My main languages are Lisp, TeX, and Ruby. On a "in a former life"-level, I am also familiar with web-related technologies like php, js, and xslt, and recently started to look into C++. Oh, and i'm allergic to Python.

• 2 months later...

I started programming when I was 10, at first I tried out block coding but surprisingly i found that to be very hard. So I begun looking at youtube videos of Python and it was much easier for me. a few years later at the age of 12 I was mostly making crappy malware that hardly functioned, now at 14 I'm creating networking tools and such as a hobby. I've just begun learning C# as of a few weeks ago and I think its pretty neat. Very different, but I can see its potential.

also, heres my portfolio if anyones interested: https://babylard.github.io

CPU: i5-2470
GPU: RX 580 8G GDDR5
RAM: 8 gigs
PSU: ThermalTake Smart 500W
Case: MSI Mag Forge 112r

Storage:
     1TB HDD (games)
     400 GB SSD (Windows)

There seem to be a lot of companies nowadays hiring engineers to build tools that automate away the tasks of engineers. It is ironic. My company is one. Using some machine learning language model to create a Saas tool that make database administrators and backend CRUD engineers largely redundant. 

Sudo make me a sandwich