Google announces Android One - ~100 dollar smartphones

LAwLz

i just think ,y isn't moto making phone with android one, name .maybe the next moto E could be it.

Yes but worse, it has a mediatek chip instead of the Qualcomm, probably worse build quality, worse screen, no water repellant nano coating, no gorilla glass confirmation. And probably no support after android L from the manufacturers or custom rom devs, unless Google keeps them updated but the nexus line only had 18 months of updates so... Also lacks features like moto assist, moto alert, moto migrate and the camera features like slow mode.

That's why I said close to :P  moto g is something of a premium budget option

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

RIP Nexus phones. :/

Why? This is nothing to do with Nexus... This is targeting emerging markets, Nexus is generally for already established markets.

What I think about that ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz5Tx7hNR64

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

You don't, read the OP:

The first Android One phone is made by Micromax, Karbonn, Spice and MediaTek and will retail at 6399 India Rupee (about 105 US dollars).

Would you rather that, or $400+ for a Nexus phone or even more for something else like a Galaxy? The whole point of the scheme is to increase access to smartphones. They're being sold at or below cost, you can't ask for much better than that.

$400 for a Nexus?It's fucking $700-800 here.

See?That's my point.

They're doing something good,but I hope it will slowly come into multiple markets.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

$400 for a Nexus?It's fucking $700-800 here.

See?That's my point.

They're doing something good,but I hope it will slowly come into multiple markets.

its 350 here O.o how much are galaxies and apples there? (fuck im not even that far from romania... could send you phones xD)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Yes but worse, it has a mediatek chip instead of the Qualcomm, probably worse build quality, worse screen, no water repellant nano coating, no gorilla glass confirmation. And probably no support after android L from the manufacturers or custom rom devs, unless Google keeps them updated but the nexus line only had 18 months of updates so...

Also lacks features like moto assist, moto alert, moto migrate and the camera features like slow mode.

Fully agree. Moto G currently selling 5 inch 720p device, front facing stereo speakers, 8mpix camera, 8GB internal storage, dual sim card and SD card. Having had Moto G for a year now I think it's one of the best phones for money. It does lack 2GB RAM though...

I really like the expensive phone (nexus 5, M8, ect) but i never want to spend that much.  This is going to be perfect for me because if it really ends up being ~100 then boy im getting it

On top of that, Google has made some changes to their own apps to suit these markets a bit more. One of these changes is an "offline" version of YouTube which allows you to store videos locally. Just save the video and you'll be able to rewatch it multiple times without using any additional data (Google please add this to the stock YouTube app already).

This is such bs on googles part, any app that has tried to do this gets taken down from the play store but they think its ok for poorer countries. Two different rulebooks is such a joke. I hope they bring this to the stock youtube app.

I love the thinking from google on the stock android part at least they know the phones will get software updates from now on.

However I really think companies need a logical naming scheme. I'm fed up with everything being called a one

One plus one, htc one,htc one, xbox one, xperia z1 just stop please.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

This is such bs on googles part, any app that has tried to do this gets taken down from the play store but they think its ok for poorer countries. Two different rulebooks is such a joke. I hope they bring this to the stock youtube app.

I love the thinking from google on the stock android part at least they know the phones will get software updates from now on.

However I really think companies need a logical naming scheme. I'm fed up with everything being called a one

One plus one, htc one,htc one, xbox one, xperia z1 just stop please.

You're the one boycotting Samsung right? You have to admit that they got a great naming scheme for their flag ship devices (ignore the low and mid range).

Even Apple fucked up by calling their iPad "the new iPad" instead of iPad 3. Since then they have reset the naming with the iPad Air so hopefully they will not mess it up this time.

tumblr_static_nice.jpg

Well they see great potential in that 1.2 billion population which is mostly dominated by Samsung droid phones which will shift after this move made by google.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

You're the one boycotting Samsung right? You have to admit that they got a great naming scheme for their flag ship devices (ignore the low and mid range).

Even Apple fucked up by calling their iPad "the new iPad" instead of iPad 3. Since then they have reset the naming with the iPad Air so hopefully they will not mess it up this time.

I am indeed and you are correct Samsung have one of the better naming schemes.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I am indeed and you are correct Samsung have one of the better naming schemes.

Like the fact that the galaxy s4 zoom replacement is the galaxy k zoom? And their midrange or low end phones are just confusing for how many of the damn things are there and they get different names although they only differ from a couple of specs.

I like motorola new naming with the droid and moto line up and with only calling it moto g 2nd gen and moto x 2nd gen, and at least they don't have too many variants of the same.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Like the fact that the galaxy s4 zoom replacement is the galaxy k zoom? And their midrange or low end phones are just confusing for how many of the damn things are there and they get different names although they only differ from a couple of specs.

I like motorola new naming with the droid and moto line up and with only calling it moto g 2nd gen and moto x 2nd gen, and at least they don't have too many variants of the same.

I said one of the better, I didn't say it was flawless.

One of the better names in a room full of shitty names doesn't mean its a good name.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Some more info about the specs (added to the OP):

The three devices announced today appear to have the same specs, which are as follows:

4.5" IPS screen with a resolution of 854x480

1.3GHz MediaTek quad core CPU (probably Cortex A7, so slightly better than the Moto G)

1700mAh battery

and the rest of the stuff listed above (cameras, 1GB of RAM and so on).

its 350 here O.o how much are galaxies and apples there? (fuck im not even that far from romania... could send you phones xD)

Top models around $900-1000.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Top models around $900-1000.

whooaaaaa :o here they are 700 standard... 0.0

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

whooaaaaa :o here they are 700 standard... 0.0

Nvm.

That was when they came out.

Now they're $700-800.

Nexus 5 ~$550.

Note 4 and the latest Apple phone are still $1000.

Nvm.

That was when they came out.

Now they're $700-800.

Nexus 5 ~$550.

Note 4 and the latest Apple phone are still $1000.

nope, they are pretty standard 700 here from the start. not sure about the note4 tho. since that is muuuuch bigger

nope, they are pretty standard 700 here from the start. not sure about the note4 tho. since that is muuuuch bigger

That's what happened with the Note 3.

I expect the same thing with the next one.

That's what happened with the Note 3.

I expect the same thing with the next one.

ok note3 is 720. 

s5 is 700

m8 is 720.

ok note3 is 720. 

s5 is 700

m8 is 720.

Yep.

Kinda the same here.

Add 5-10%