iPhone 6 - Live Stream and All Updates (FINALLY FORMATTED(ish))

b17857c5-3a82-4cfc-9890-201b38ddfed9.jpg

i really like the circle icons

they are really nice

it reminds me of something i cant remember what it is

a game or something

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

NFC is RFID.

This is literally the exact same thing we have had for ages both in phones and cards.

Still a huge difference.

RFID holds a bit of data with an antenna and a memory chip.

NFC offers a whole lot more and can offer one or two way communication. Allowing the terminals to communicate and you get a receipt on your phone right away.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Nah, the Samsung approach is making watches that ONLY work on your own devices officially and require 3rd party hacks to work on other Android devices and then wonder why your smart watches aren't selling well when you willingly locked out hundreds of millions of other devices. 

I was not referring to watches. Was referring to how samsung markets phones. You are a little thinskinned today aren't we?;-)

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Nah, the Samsung approach is making watches that ONLY work on your own devices officially and require 3rd party hacks to work on other Android devices and then wonder why your smart watches aren't selling well when you willingly locked out hundreds of millions of other devices. 

Well...I reckon you'll need an IPhone to use an Apple Watch too.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I don't even know why you're in this thread. Is going in threads to spout nonsense your thing or something?

I thought this new approach would work if we kept it clean, and so far we are, and the trolls are so far not going too crazy. 

Not a bad exercise in handling product launches. We should do this all the time for  a new product launch, the "news team" should pick who will be able to make and maintain the original post and then we have one consolidated post to handle everything. 

I know after this is over I'll go back and clean up the entire post top to bottom and organize it properly, with better pictures to boot. 

Which card because to my understanding NFC does not exist in card form yet. These are all RFID chips currently and will be for years still. 

A decent terminal is about $500 and if you add that into stores like Walgreens which has 8,116 locations.

That's $4,058,000 just for the terminals.

Now add the labor for someone to set that up and get it running.

Easily a huge chunk of change to just make it so a few customers can do something with a phone.

Almost every fucking debit/credit cards. NFC is based on RFID ...

4 mio $ ?!

Walgreens made 2,450 mio $ profit in 2013 ;)

They have to service those credit card terminals anyway

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I was not referring to watches. Was referring to how samsung markets phones. You are a little thinskinned today aren't we?;-)

And I was being sarcastic, not thin skinned. I don't even own a Samsung anything? 

Well...I reckon you'll need an IPhone to use an Apple Watch too.

True, but its a nice double standard in that I'm okay with apple not being open, yet a android using Samsung being closed grinds my gears 

i really like the circle icons

they are really nice

it reminds me of something i cant remember what it is

a game or something

They'll get bigger the more you use them at least that's how I understood it.

46cce82c-d6d7-4220-8ce3-de06942fee08.jpg

93aec910-7fe2-417a-ac59-d4506d47b077.jpg

RTX2070OC 

saying something is "just software" in 2014 seems kinda odd.

So what is the right answer?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I like the fact that Apple is finally going for bigger screens.

Also, finally they're introducing 64-bit CPUs so I guess we're going to have Samsung "copying" it soon and also more capable apps in the future.

I still can't get used to iOS though. Even Windows is better IMO. Apart from that, they're sexy.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I don't have a stream but isn't the Apple watch only compatible with iPhones? I read it in another thread.

If that's true, then it is just like Samsung's approach, except their Android Wear watch actually works with other devices as well.

They'll get bigger the more you use them at least that's how I understood it.

thats a smart idea

pretty good UI implementation right there

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

*cough* the entire smartphone market *cough*

I really didn't get it feed it to me no one will harm you and I will try to be logical

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Still a huge difference.

NFC offers a whole lot more and can offer one or two way communication. Allowing the terminals to communicate and you get a receipt on your phone right away.

Tell me the difference between RFID and one way NFC communication :D

I guarantee you all those debit/credit cards with NFC are real NFC cards.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

And I was being sarcastic, not thin skinned. I don't even own a Samsung anything? 

I was thinking a little thin-skinned when i said they were doing something similar to samsung in terms of having more products in the same line. Something which they didn't do before.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

AppleEvent_0790.jpg

Okay this is something I could actually use a lot, maps on my watch. 

I don't have a stream but isn't the Apple watch only compatible with iPhones? I read it in another thread.

If that's true, then it is just like Samsung's approach, except their Android Wear watch actually works with other devices as well.

True, and thats why I like the Wear devices over the Gear devices. Apple is Apple, they'll stay closed. But Wear devices work on basically any device (barring minimum requirements) and aren't arbitrarily locked off from other Android devices like SAmsung's Gears are. 

99% sure it only works with iphone also i swear samsung locked theres to only there phones :S

Edit: nvm apparently the wear and gear are different lol

maps on a smartwatch made me cringe

but i need to first see how it works

also did they say if they used google maps or their own ?

I like the fact that Apple is finally going for bigger screens.

Also, finally they're introducing 64-bit CPUs so I guess we're going to have Samsung "copying" it soon and also more capable apps in the future.

I still can't get used to iOS though. Even Windows is better IMO. Apart from that, they're sexy.

u w0t m8?

The 5S also had a 64 bit CPU.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope its Apple Maps, GMaps is really grinding my gears lately

their own, apple maps is actually REALLY good now, i use it almost daily on my iPhone

would be great on a watch if stuck in a new city or something

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Still a huge difference.

Oh the receipt idea is pretty nifty.

The actual transfer of info is the same though. They even use the exact same protocols, except one is two way and the other one is one way.

Other than the receipt, which is a pretty good idea, I see no reason to have two way communication though.

Apple just invented the word "glampse", which is a combination of glimpse and glance.

#Innovation

#Revolutionary

#Magical