your favorite tech that has been lost or destroyed over the years

JAW96

*sigh* So today I was in my engineering class cutting reinforcement for a job we where doing, and even though the obnoxious squeals of grinders is such a soothing sound I decided that it would would be best if I use my IEMs, CX-300-IIs in fact, and I was there working merrily listening to "Awesome Mix no. 1"... that is when it happened... as I finished sawing through the tubing, it gave way causing the saw to slam down a little bit, normally not a issue, but today... today was different. The impact caused one of the freshly cut tubes that I had yet to de-gnarl to roll off the table, and before I could do anything it began to tumble down to Earth, and that is when the razer sharp gnarling caught my IEM's cables slicing through them... and then silence, there was no more tunes, no, there was just the sound of the chop saw revving down, and the tinging of metal on the concrete floor.

I loved those IEMs, they were the first ones that I truly loved the sound signature, and that I found actually comfortable. So what was some of the old tech that you had that you makes you wish you could turn back time, and keep from perishing on you?

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

If people don't list Nintendo portables, they are lying. There's nothing more painful than losing a GBA with Pokemon Gold in it that has 100+ hours of your childhood in it regarding tech. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

If people don't list Nintendo portables they are liars.

Well i bought a original Gameboy(1989 model) off of a garage sale and played it for a while and it broke. :(  Haven't got time to fix it.

If people don't list Nintendo portables, they are lying. There's nothing more painful than losing a GBA with Pokemon Gold in it that has 100+ hours of your childhood in it regarding tech. 

No lies, I have never lost or broke a nintendo product. Had to replace a few batteries on my SP, but that is as far as they have been damaged. (a DS would probably be another story, as they don't seem to have the same build quality, based on the store demo units). 

My favorite destroyed tech would be my IBM A21p laptop. Great little (generous word) machine, with DOS 6.22 on it, and lasted through school (Kindergarten through 11th grade) before it got destroyed. Really miss it. (It was destroyed by being in the backpack setting against the bus, which the driver rolled forward a bit and squashed the bag and everything in it (Laptop, charger, a few floppies, and a hoodie). Honestly, I would love to have another one (p model not m model), but it is hardly worth $100 these days. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

My PS3 (1st gen) will only get through a game of Journey with a fan at the exhaust or intake.

I also wish my VAIO E series 15" did not die. (15th anniversary edition, Aluminum lid) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I had a Nokia N73 that I inherited from my dad and I used it for years. Don't get me wrong, the phone still works perfectly, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the hardware (it's a Nokia, one does not simply kill a Nokia), but 8 years is hard on a battery, you know? It's also battered beyond recognition...

PlayStation 2: Only reads 2 games in my library (probably because I can't manage discs for shit)

Old Motorola flip phone I played with as a kid (I'm 14 atm): Lost it when moving

Nascar SimRacing: Played when I was ~6. Lost one of the discs.

A Compaq (not mine but I used it the most): Battery dead needed to play with the charger at all times. Overheated and just switched off when playing Vice City.

Old Custom PC: C2D (don't remember model), 9400GT 1GB (GDDR2 GUYS HOLY SHIT), 4gb of ram. Many memories with it. PSU died and it had become shit slow by then. I got a mac *heugh* now I'm here with this great 800$ laptop  :wub:

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

Well i bought a original Gameboy(1989 model) off of a garage sale and played it for a while and it broke. :(  Haven't got time to fix it.

I love repairing old Nintendo hardware. If I could I would help you with that. I was given a broken OG GameBoy a few years ago that I got up and running in about 15 minutes and it still works like a charm today. Anyway, I had my Laptop die earlier this year that I bought around this time last year and it was awful because there's nothing more gut wrenching than seeing your money go down the drain. Unfortunately the reason why it died wasn't covered by the Warranty.

My ps1. Got dropped it pretty often. And FF9 was freezing on the 3rd disc.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

My older PowerPC Macs. Those were gorgeous machines.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I love repairing old Nintendo hardware. If I could I would help you with that. I was given a broken OG GameBoy a few years ago that I got up and running in about 15 minutes and it still works like a charm today. Anyway, I had my Laptop die earlier this year that I bought around this time last year and it was awful because there's nothing more gut wrenching than seeing your money go down the drain. Unfortunately the reason why it died wasn't covered by the Warranty.

It's easy fix, the contrast wheel has some problems so I would have to desolder it and clean it and solder it again.

OMG I had this sony disc man with the anti shock and a remote before there were cd players in all cars, they had that tape adapter, so I thought i was cool making my own mixes and bringing my disc man to parties and road trips lol. I could shoot ball with it and it wouldn't skip a beat, was able to use it in practice.  Man I loved that disc man still have it some where in a box couldn't help myself to get rid of it to many good memories.  YES I'm old showing my age with this post lol 

Sony_Discman_D-835K_356316.jpg

I got a ducky shine 3 last week then spilled a glass of water all over it. Its okay, it worked the next day. The sad part is when I took it apart the day after (to make sure it was completely dry) I ripped a wire connecting the USB port to the board.

Had my ps2 die on me the other week, served me well for many years.

Other things I've lost have included many many headsets, my GBA, my gtx 260, and my old original playstation.  

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

My Fujitsu SoundBird speakers.. Had them for soo damn long. Good audio for the price.. The day they died they tried take my computer with them to the grave. But i still got sad.. Almost 13 years of faithfull service

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

My gameboy advance with my save of MMBN3 on it. I spent years on that gameboy advance game and I'm pretty sure it was stolen  >:|

13" Macbook Pro i7 (I7-3520M) | 16gb RAM | 128gb Sandisk SSD

Current build------------------------------Future build↓ 
Intel Core i7-4790K 3.5GHz Quad-Core | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 | 128gb Sandisk SSD | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid

My brother's DS Lite. It's not broken but it's still kinda destroyed. It reads GBA and DS games though. The hinges are broken and this picture should show you what I mean:

49e4013925.png

I bought a case to keep the screen intact, if I didn't then I could just pull off the top section.

The same exact thing happened to my DS Lite. It's a shame, and if I played more mobile console games then I'd look into fixing it, but it's not worth it given how little I play it. Still, you'd think Nintendo would do a replacement program or something to fix them.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

The same exact thing happened to my DS Lite. It's a shame, and if I played more mobile console games then I'd look into fixing it, but it's not worth it given how little I play it. Still, you'd think Nintendo would do a replacement program or something to fix them.

There's no reason to for hardware they hardly produce anymore. Still you can send in your serial number on the website and it'll let you know how much the repair cost is, but usually it's barely less expensive than buying a new one on eBay.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Not sure if it counts but... My GT4 100% save.

I deleted it by accident. Manly tears were dropped that day.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Not sure if it counts but... My GT4 100% save.

I deleted it by accident. Manly tears were dropped that day.

I have little sisters that don't know what a save file is so I know your pain

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Left my Android Droid x2 hacked the hell out of it, was so happy with it... till... *flash back*

it was a nice day for snow boarding, of course my girlfriend was sick so I brought my phone so I could text her while she's home. Sooner than later she went to sleep, hours flew by and friends came and we where having hella fun.... then it was time for everyone to go home. I having that natural habit before I leave to go home, check my pocket... nothing there.... I digged up so much snow that day.... no luck.... gone...  then... i got an iphone 4 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

almost the same thing happened to me except i lost a gbc with pokemon crystal

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV