Sennheiser Takes Aim At Beats By Dre

Deletive

meh, I'll stick with my SE215s for now... at least those I KNOW are clear and have adequate bass. 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

i'm sorry senn, i love you but no matter how good those headphones sound, the terrible color scheme kills it, only beat fanboys would buy them, so your probably right on track, though...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Hmm, look nice! I've always like the sound quality but hated the way they looked. They were either the perfect size but looked ugly or looked really nice but were far too big.

This looks like a good balance of both. Just hope they haven't compromised on sound quality. If I see this in a store I shall be testing them!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Hmm, look nice! I've always like the sound quality but hated the way they looked. They were either the perfect size but looked ugly or looked really nice but were far too big.

This looks like a good balance of both. Just hope they haven't compromised on sound quality. If I see this in a store I shall be testing them!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have done nothing to the sound side of things. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have done nothing to the sound side of things. 

In a bad way or a good way?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

People who bought Senn's chose them for the sound, not for the looks which is the reason most Beats buyers got theirs. This was an unnecessary move but anything that sells is ok I guess.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

In a bad way or a good way?

good,  It is entirely possible that they are using the same driver from their momentum range (which is a little more expensive than these).   This is not the first time Sennheiser have advertised headphones as bass heavy, portable and fashionable so I am inclined to believe the articles are mostly made up media hype.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I accept cocaine and hookers as payment.

so pretty much the industry standard, then... ok

That's actually pretty interesting. The Momentum's were pretty good, hopefully they continue the trend.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.2 | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: EVGA GTX 780ti ACX SC | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Monitor: Asus PB278Q | Sound: ATH-M50X | Mic: Blue Snowball

wow these things look ugly to me but I'm sure they might sound good

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I have to ask the question. Why is it that Sennheiser (a reputable audio company) trying to take aim at beats by Dre? Have they lowered their standard of quality headsets. Sennheiser will only be popular with gaming nerds and audio filers. People who care about sound quality. Sennheriser will never be considered cool or trendy. The name Senneriser alone will never make them cool. This is a very dumb marketing ploy to sell headsets to people that dont care about sound quality.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

Sennheiser moved from creating headphones for the gentlemen (momentum series) to headphones for hippies. I hope they sound good and at least comparable to momentum.

I have to ask the question. Why is it that Sennheiser (a reputable audio company) trying to take aim at beats by Dre? Have they lowered their standard of quality headsets. Sennheiser will only be popular with gaming nerds and audio filers. People who care about sound quality. Sennheriser will never be considered cool or trendy. The name Senneriser alone will never make them cool. This is a very dumb marketing ploy to sell headsets to people that dont care about sound quality.

Money, beats knows where the money in the audio industry is. 

Well they can't sound worse, so great!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Sennheiser is so stupid on this one.  

You don't just buy that kind of celebrity endorsement. 

Actually I believe you do

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

They look better then Beats and they probably sound better then Beats. Let's face it Sennheiser make good sounding products and Beat's do not. Beats also lacks quality.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Sennheiser is so stupid on this one. 

People who buy Beats don't care about sound, its all marketing. Dre killed it in the marketing department with Beats. He gave everyone in Hollywood a free pair. Everyone uses them in music videos. You don't just buy that kind of celebrity endorsement. 

People who buy Beats and that market won't care that Sennheiser has a better sounding rival, Sennheiser has none of the brand identity and marketing abilities that Dre and co do and for that reason they will fail hilariously. 

gj quoting MKBHD 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

if these sound like my momentums they will be pretty awesome

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The slow decline of a once great headphone manufacturer, started last year, accelerating this year. Just waiting for people to notice.

I would recommend people to buy AKG, Audio-Technica or Beyerdynamic, but then those would get perverted too as soon as they smell the money of hipsters.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.